Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a-rod might be suspended

3 posters

Go down

a-rod might be suspended Empty a-rod might be suspended

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/us/alex-rodriguez-future/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

as a red sox fan i certainly feel schadenfreude, but these guys are no better than the wall street thugs. i don't think suspensions are enough. this may sound uppiliish, but i feel that the appropriate punishment is impounding of ill gotten gains. assholes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

a-rod might be suspended Empty Re: a-rod might be suspended

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/us/alex-rodriguez-future/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

as a red sox fan i certainly feel schadenfreude, but these guys are no better than the wall street thugs. i don't think suspensions are enough. this may sound uppiliish, but i feel that the appropriate punishment is impounding of ill gotten gains. assholes.

but he hasn't been relevant in a few years, was benched in the playoffs last year. Well, GMs, Coaches and  fans want them to play like superhumans, they got to do something to turn into superhumans. Same thing is true for NFL, Cricket. If you watch the films from '70s & '80s you feel like watching in slow motion, guys weren't as big or fast then.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/us/alex-rodriguez-future/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

but he hasn't been relevant in a few years, was benched in the playoffs last year. Well, GMs, Coaches and  fans want them to play like superhumans, they got to do something to turn into superhumans. Same thing is true for NFL, Cricket. If you watch the films from '70s & '80s you feel like watching in slow motion, guys weren't as big or fast then.

the baseball guys were smaller too. i loved ken burns's serialized documentary on baseball. it really helped me understand the nuances and the beauty of the game and its history in addition to just knowing the rules enough to enjoy the game. the b&w films from those days show that the MLB guys were a lot smaller too. i wonder if 70% is an underestimate for the number of guys who juice in MLB.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am

I saw this guy in vegas upclose...he looks like your garden variety meathead, gym dwelling juicer. dont know why the revelations are so surprising for mlb fools

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 am

not surprising, just depressing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down