Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The KCR effect

2 posters

Go down

The KCR effect Empty The KCR effect

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Hyderabad/For-investors-Hyderabad-now-pariah/Article1-1104312.aspx

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

The KCR effect Empty Re: The KCR effect

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

"The decision on Hyderabad's fate has had investors scurrying for the exit, thanks to the anti-Seema-Andhra sentiment prevalent in Telangana.
With around 75% of its investments coming from the Seema-Andhra region or its people, this does not bode well for the city, a pharma and IT hub."

What do the ones who constantly brush aside the prevalence of anti-Seema-Andhra sentiment and try to present a rosy picture that all is well have to say? And also their severe downplaying of Seema-Andhra ppl's investments in the city and their role in the development of the city? 

"In Hyderabad, clashes broke out in a couple of government offices between employees from Seema-Andhra and Telangana."

Of course, there will definitely be a lot of tensions between Seema-andhra Vs Telangana ppl in govt offices, colleges, schools....everywhere in hyd. We see it now among the telugu communities in US too. It's not at all like before. Back in my school and college days, no one cared or bothered where the other classmates' ancestors hailed from. That kind of environment can never be had now.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 pm

kinnera wrote:"The decision on Hyderabad's fate has had investors scurrying for the exit, thanks to the anti-Seema-Andhra sentiment prevalent in Telangana.
With around 75% of its investments coming from the Seema-Andhra region or its people, this does not bode well for the city, a pharma and IT hub."

What do the ones who constantly brush aside the prevalence of anti-Seema-Andhra sentiment and try to present a rosy picture that all is well have to say? And also their severe downplaying of Seema-Andhra ppl's investments in the city and their role in the development of the city? 
It's ok, you can address me when you have a question for me.

I have said what I wanted to say on development in here. As for investors, for every article that says people don't want to invest in Hyderabad, I can produce another that says they are/will be relieved when things are settled one way or the other, and that uncertainty is what is bothering investors the most.

For instance, try this: http://news.oneindia.in/2013/07/31/hyderabad-it-industry-now-breathes-easy-telangana-andhra-pradesh-1272698.html

After over three years of uncertainty, the Information Technology industry here heaved a sigh of relief with Tuesday's announcement by the Congress party to carve out a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh. The announcement has cleared the air over the future of Hyderabad, a major IT destination in the country.

The industry with software exports to the tune of Rs.40,000 crore was worried over frequent shutdowns and spells of violent protests for separate Telangana state. This had taken sheen off brand Hyderabad.
"I believe the decision has brought in a positive sentiment as the uncertainty surrounding the matter has finally been resolved," said V. Laxmikanth, managing director, Broadridge India.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:52 pm

live in denial because it serves you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down