Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kadhi recipe

+8
confuzzled dude
Nila
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
Bittu
MaxEntropy_Man
Impedimenta
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kadhi recipe - Page 2 Empty Re: Kadhi recipe

Post by SomeProfile Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was traumatized by the absolutely horrendous version of the punjabi kadhi served at our hostel mess, so I just can't bring myself to have this stuff till date.

Gujju kadhi is sweet, yuck. Give me a good majjige huLi any day.
 I absolutely love majjige huLi! The Chana daal soaked for half an hour, red chillies, coriander seeds, jeera, coconut, a small piece of ginger and hing cooked along with sour curd and capsicum, oh yummy indeed!!
I think this is where besan comes into the picture in Naarth Indian recipes. Instead of taking the time to soak channa daal, grind it, and then make the dish, they go the short cut route of adding besan. 

I don't think I have ever had majjige huLi or morkozhambu with capiscum. "Water retaining" vegetables like pumpkin, cucumber and other gourds are more common. Lady's fingers are also great. The bestest is, of course, the south indian masala vaDa soaked in majjige huLi. Beats the pants off any pakoDa in kaDi.

I am yet to taste a kaDi that I truly liked. The fact that I have almost exclusively had it in the US, usually in restaurants and potlucks parties, may have something to do with that.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2