Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My current project

4 posters

Go down

My current project Empty My current project

Post by Rishi Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-1ZRV_cBU

When the security fellow at Coimbatore airport would speak to you only in Hindi, what choice do you have?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

My current project Empty Re: My current project

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Rishi wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-1ZRV_cBU

When the security fellow at Coimbatore airport would speak to you only in Hindi, what choice do you have?
you have the choice of letting him know that you don't understand the language and ask to be spoken to in tamil or english.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 pm

[quote="MaxEntropy_Man"][quote="Rishi"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-1ZRV_cBU

When the security fellow at Coimbatore airport would speak to you only in Hindi, what choice do you have?[/quote]you have the choice of letting him know that you don't understand the language and ask to be spoken to in tamil or english. [/quote]
Another thing I witnessed. The NI woman at the gate who inspects your boarding pass before you get on the shuttle bus saw one of the workers walk away from the gate. He was a Tamil man doing some menial job at the airport. "Anna. Kahaan Jaa Rahain ho?" she asked in an authoratative way. That man drew a blank face. "Enna solraangane puriyalai" (I don't understand what she says). It was really a sad sight.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm

6. Indian Government and Indian Government Enterprises

This section applies to all Indian government offices in the state as well as offices of the "Indian government enterprises" in the state. Indian government enterprises include Indian Railways, Air India, airports, government owned banks, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) and other Indian government owned or operated corporations such as the Neyveli Lignite Corporation. From hence forth, when we say Indian government offices or Indian government employees, it includes offices and employees of Indian government enterprises also.

6-2
All employees of Indian government offices located in a state who would have to communicate with state residents, businesses and governments must have sufficient proficiency in the sate official language (SOL). A few jobs such as scientists in research laboratories or professors in Indian Institutes of Technology would be exempted from this requirement. State government must approve such exemptions in order that this exemption is not misused to circumvent language requirements.

Those who cannot provide school certificates to prove that they studied the SOL at school shall be required to pass a language examination before appointment in the state. Level of the examination shall be commensurate with job duties. State government must set up, may be, three or four levels of examinations for different job categories. In general, if the job requires high school education or higher then the employee must be proficient at least at the high school level. It is the state government that sets up and conducts the examinations, not the Indian government

Those who are currently employed in an Indian government office and do not have the required proficiency must take a one year course and pass the language examination or transfer out to a state where they know the language. They cannot be an excuse not to use SOL in Indian government offices.

Read the full article at
http://www.tamiltribune.com/11/0801.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Rishi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-1ZRV_cBU

you have the choice of letting him know that you don't understand the language and ask to be spoken to in tamil or english.
Another thing I witnessed. The NI woman at the gate who inspects your boarding pass before you get on the shuttle bus saw one of the workers walk away from the gate. He was a Tamil man doing some menial job at the airport. "Anna. Kahaan Jaa Rahain ho?" she asked in an authoratative way. That man drew a blank face. "Enna solraangane puriyalai" (I don't understand what she says). It was really a sad sight.
There is nothing wrong if they spoke only Hindi. But, insisting that I speak in Hindi only (or also) is when I get really pissed off... and I still do, and I dont keep quiet (I am deeply afraid that I am going to get beaten up one of these days for picking up street fights in my ripe old age - I will remember Priest Raman).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

>>>>There is nothing wrong if they spoke only Hindi.

Not within Indian occupied Tamil Nadu to Tamils.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

>>>>There is nothing wrong if they spoke only Hindi.

Not within Indian occupied Tamil Nadu to Tamils.
Sop your BS. It is not what YOU think. It also matters as to what other think and recognize. You are free to imagine/fantasize whatever you want and when it completely against what others think, you are called a Looney.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down