Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any dentist here?

3 posters

Go down

Any dentist here? Empty Any dentist here?

Post by Rishi Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I have a question about teeth implant.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Any dentist here? Empty Re: Any dentist here?

Post by nevada Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:59 pm

No, but there is Uppili. So ask away Very Happy

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

nevada wrote:No, but there is Uppili. So ask away Very Happy
hahahaha... hey... why not...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
What happened is the following

1. Wisdom tooth was extracted years ago, In fact, I do not even remember when.
2. Had a root canal done on tooth #2 last year
3. Ate trail mix sold by wal mart. Crown came off. Whatever left off tooth #2 got fractured.

Three options.

1, Extract tooth #2 and have bone graft. And then after 10 weeks have tooth implant. Cost at least $3000. Insurance does not cover bone graft and implant. The whole thing will take place in three visits spread over 9 months. And then I have to get a crown done for the implant. Additional cost for that.

2, Extract tooth #2. No bone graft and implant. Insurance will cover the extraction. The dentist says it is OK not to have an implant. The only thing is that it will put extra stress on other teeth when you chew. And there will not be any shifting of teeth if you do not have tooth #2.

3. Extract tooth #2 and have bone graft.  Will cost $ 450. This gives you an option to change your mind about implant. If you just extract the tooth without doing bone graft and then went to the dentist  a year later for tooth implant, she has to cut your gems and do the bone graft which will be more expensive.

Which option is the best?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:00 pm

sounds to me implant can be done cheaper in India, travel included.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Rishi wrote:

3. Ate trail mix sold by wal mart. Crown came off. Whatever left off tooth #2 got fractured.

Three options.

1, Extract tooth #2 and have bone graft. And then after 10 weeks have tooth implant. Cost at least $3000. Insurance does not cover bone graft and implant. The whole thing will take place in three visits spread over 9 months. And then I have to get a crown done for the implant. Additional cost for that.

2, Extract tooth #2. No bone graft and implant. Insurance will cover the extraction. The dentist says it is OK not to have an implant. The only thing is that it will put extra stress on other teeth when you chew. And there will not be any shifting of teeth if you do not have tooth #2.

3. Extract tooth #2 and have bone graft.  Will cost $ 450. This gives you an option to change your mind about implant. If you just extract the tooth without doing bone graft and then went to the dentist  a year later for tooth implant, she has to cut your gems and do the bone graft which will be more expensive.

3, if you are not too sure about having an implant at this point of time.
I'd rule out option 2 as tooth # 2 is an important tooth to have. Without that, you'd have only one molar on top right. Not comfortable to chew on that side, so you'd end up chewing mostly on the left side. Not a good thing.
1 is the best option if you can afford it now.

Implants may be cheaper in india, but how many times are you going to travel there? It won't be done in one sitting. Maybe you can have the screw fixed here and have the crown in india. That could probably save you a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Rishi wrote:

Three options.

Typed everything but lost it. So as VB saysm for 7 to 10K you can implant all your teeth in India. But may have tons of problems unless you pick a US educated dentist - have a few there.

#3 option minimal money which gives you a follow up option. I assume it is Molar #2 and not premolar #2. you will have 2 consecutive teeth missing on one side and wont be able to chew hard stuff on that side without an implant.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Rishi wrote:

Three options.

Typed everything but lost it. So as VB saysm for 7 to 10K you can implant all your teeth in India. But may have tons of problems unless you pick a US educated dentist - have a few there.

#3 option minimal money which gives you a follow up option.  I assume it is Molar #2 and not premolar #2. you will have 2 consecutive teeth missing on one side and wont be able to chew hard stuff on that side without an implant.

It is second molar.

The one next to wisdom tooth on the upper right side.

But I don't have wisdom tooth there.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:06 pm

And if you are right-side dominant person - very likely, you will have a tough time chewing/biting hard food on the right side. The bottom 2 may be of little use. So you may want to have an implant later. You probably should go for bone graft and may be a denture for that tooth until you get a regular implant and crown.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 pm

If the tooth you have lost is the second molar, that is, the last tooth in the back (assuming there is no tooth behind it, i.e. the wisdom tooth), you could seriously consider not replacing it as well. Clinical studies indicate that even with all four of your second molars missing, you ability to chew food properly is not significanly altered. A lost second molar rarely effects your smile or facial structure and appearance. However you must be aware that the tooth that opposes the lost tooth may supererupt. That is, an upper tooth that does not have a lower tooth to chew against will migrate down until it finds something to stop it, and vice versa. This does not always happen, but your dentist can monitor for it at your semiannual check-ups. A supererupted tooth may not necessarily cause problems. Problems can be prevented or dealt with simply by your dentist.  Like a lot of things, early detection leads to simple solutions.  Any other lost tooth should be replaced as a loss of chewing abiltity will be noticed as well as a change in your appearance.

http://dr-appleton.hubpages.com/hub/Whats-the-best-way-to-replace-a-missing-tooth

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down