Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India.

Go down

Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India. Empty Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India.

Post by Rishi Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Earlier this year on a trip to India, I was asked by an Indian Muslim, as to why Pakistan was created. Obviously, I gave the oft-repeated answer that it was created so that Muslims of India could live their lives in ‘freedom’. “Ah,” said this Indian Muslim, “now tell me when you go to a mosque in Pakistan, are there police checks, fear of being blown up?” I bowed my head in sadness and said, “unfortunately, yes.” With a smile on his face, he said, “I don’t.” And that was the end of the conversation. This Indian Muslim had made his point. Over 60 years later, Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India. The fact that there have been three Muslim presidents of India, four chief justices, numerous chief ministers and cabinet ministers, including the current foreign minister, speaks volumes of how far both Indian Muslims and India itself have come in the way of national integration. The three premier Indian Muslim universities — Aligarh, Jamia Millia and Osmania — are also among the leading universities of India, and, dare I say, much better academically than any university in Pakistan. All this gives us a lot to ponder on.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/590241/incomplete-freedom/

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India. Empty Re: Muslims in Pakistan are more unsafe and suffering than those in India.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:03 am

This is a great article. Thanks for the link.

Back to top Go down