Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hangout with Arvind

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Idéfix
6 posters

Go down

Hangout with Arvind Empty Hangout with Arvind

Post by Idéfix Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Watched this with a bunch of AAP supporters today... check out the video. Also, consider donating some money. It looks like AAP stands a real chance of winning several seats in Delhi. This can be a great moment for political change in India -- do your part! 

https://www.youtube.com/user/LIVEAAP
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Hangout with Arvind Empty Re: Hangout with Arvind

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Now that you changed your views on AAP, may be you can donate some money to them. They are accepting support from NRIs (and they are very careful in accounting for the money).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Idéfix wrote:Watched this with a bunch of AAP supporters today... check out the video. Also, consider donating some money. It looks like AAP stands a real chance of winning several seats in Delhi. This can be a great moment for political change in India -- do your part! 

>>> This guy is far more effective than Jaiprakash Narayan of the Loksatta party.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 pm

As an NRI supporting a political party in India, does this make you an NRI Patriot?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Now that you changed your views on AAP, may be you can donate some money to them. 
Guruvu-gaaru, why do you think that I "changed" my views on AAP? 

BTW, if you were a voter in Delhi, would you vote for BJP or AAP? 

PS: I already sent them my contribution. Hope you did as well!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Now that you changed your views on AAP, may be you can donate some money to them. 
Guruvu-gaaru, why do you think that I "changed" my views on AAP? 

BTW, if you were a voter in Delhi, would you vote for BJP or AAP? 

PS: I already sent them my contribution. Hope you did as well!
May be it was Merlot who was opposed to AAP and Anna.

I'll vote for AAP.

I did.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Guruvu-gaaru, what do you think of Kejriwal's allegations against Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel? 

http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/vijay-goel-to-file-criminal-complaint-against-arvind-kejriwal_879342.html

Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel will file a criminal complaint against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal "in view of mischievous and baseless allegations of corruption" levelled by him. 

A BJP release on Wednesday said Goel served a legal notice of defamation on Kejriwal but the reply given by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader lacked specific details of his allegations. 
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Idéfix wrote:Guruvu-gaaru, what do you think of Kejriwal's allegations against Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel? 

http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/vijay-goel-to-file-criminal-complaint-against-arvind-kejriwal_879342.html

Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel will file a criminal complaint against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal "in view of mischievous and baseless allegations of corruption" levelled by him. 

A BJP release on Wednesday said Goel served a legal notice of defamation on Kejriwal but the reply given by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader lacked specific details of his allegations. 
I won't be surprised if Goel is corrupt. Is he announced as the BJP candidate? I thought BJP isn't sure.

It doesn't matter which party they belong to, corrupt politicians should be shown the door.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Rishi wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Watched this with a bunch of AAP supporters today... check out the video. Also, consider donating some money. It looks like AAP stands a real chance of winning several seats in Delhi. This can be a great moment for political change in India -- do your part! 

>>> This guy is far more effective than Jaiprakash Narayan of the Loksatta party.
Do you have any leaders like Kejriwal in TN? If you have them, will they succeed? JP may not do well in AP; the average voter seems to think that politicians can't do their job without being corrupt! The ones we hear of in TN (K'nidhi, Kani, Maran, Ramadas, Raja, Jaya, etc.), are all corrupt.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Do you have any leaders like Kejriwal in TN? If you have them, will they succeed? JP may not do well in AP; the average voter seems to think that politicians can't do their job without being corrupt! The ones we hear of in TN (K'nidhi, Kani, Maran, Ramadas, Raja, Jaya, etc.), are all corrupt.
Vakavaka

You are asking as if you hardly know anything about TN.

Thee is no one like Kejriwal in TN. Even if someone like him emerges, he is not going to get anywhere in TN.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 am

You are free to support whomever you want, but we all can do without your gratuitous advice!

AAP Kejriwal is NOT perfect, and his party setup has many issues. In many ways it is a Single issue party, and he is making up positions on other issues, as he goes forward.

What instead he is doing in Delhi is most likely help Congress win!, by cutting into Anti-Congress votes. Instead he could have achieved the same Jan Lokpal bill, by forcing the BJP to commit to Jan Lokpal bill as a part of their manisfesto as a quid pro quo for an alliance, given that Congress basically watered down his bill.

His agenda is NOT clear, beyond IAC,  in some ways that is dangerous for the nation. 

Regarding even corruption, Jan Lokpal Bill alone is not a comprehensive solution. It is unclear how he plans to enforce it, and how he plans to root out the culture of corruption that is ingrained into the Officialdom. It is good that Anna did  not sully his name by associating himself with AAP.

Moreover, Bhushan folks who funded  Crores for the party, have taken controversial and extremely vague positions on issues of national interest.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 am

rawemotions wrote:

You are free to support whomever you want, but we all can do without your gratuitous advice!

AAP Kejriwal is NOT perfect, and his party setup has many issues. In many ways it is a Single issue party, and he is making up positions on other issues, as he goes forward.

What instead he is doing in Delhi is most likely help Congress win!, by cutting into Anti-Congress votes. Instead he could have achieved the same Jan Lokpal bill by forcing the BJP to commit to Jan Lokpal bill as a part of their manisfesto as a part of pre-poll alliance, given that Congress basically watered down his bill.

His agenda is NOT clear, beyond IAC,  in some ways that is dangerous. 

Regarding even corruption, Jan Lokpal Bill alone is not a comprehensive solution. It is unclear how he plans to enforce it, and for sustainability root out corruption that is ingrained into the Officialdom. It is good that Anna did  not sully his name by associating himself with AAP.
Moreover Bhushan folks who funded  Crores for the party have dubious credentials and extremely vague positions on issues of national interest.
Totally agree. This Kejriwal fellow is very dangerous. Instead of going after just the CONmen, he is going after all parties like a rabid dog. What's more, he's going to eat into the anti-Congress votes we need to win 200 seats for our Supreme Leader God. If only this fellow were in Gujarat, we would have taken care of him so easily. He would have "encountered" the true face of our Supreme Leader God, haha. Unfortunately, this pesky fellow is sitting smug and safe in faraway Delhi. So we foot-soldiers of the Supreme Leader God shall just huff and puff on the internet till we get a majority. Yes, we can. Together we will. Toilet wahin banayenge. Jai Shri Ram.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 am

rawemotions wrote:Instead he could have achieved the same Jan Lokpal bill, by forcing the BJP to commit to Jan Lokpal bill as a part of their manisfesto as a quid pro quo for an alliance, given that Congress basically watered down his bill.
Congress watered down his bill. Modiji pissed on it by forcing an even weaker Lokayukta bill through Gujarat assembly. And you think Kejriwal should make an alliance with BJP! Every time BJP supporters disparage Kejriwal, it becomes clearer to ordinary people that BJP is on the same side as Congress when it comes to corruption. So I encourage to keep criticizing AAP and Kejriwal.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Rishi wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Vakavaka

Thee is no one like Kejriwal in TN. Even if someone like him emerges, he is not going to get anywhere in TN.
I think AAP has become prominent because the leaders took bold steps and the agitation of Anna Hazare attracted international attention. People were fed up with corruption and when the time was right, Kejriwal, Hazare, Scindia, etc., took risks and became well-known.

JP is a cool, level-headed person. If you talk to him (I did), you will know that he is a deep thinker with a lot of administrative experience and innovative solutions to good governance. Unfortunately, he didn't do the heroics that Kejriwal and Hazare did. Also, he did his work only in SI, away from Delhi. Even in SI, people of TN & AP like emotional heroics and are not enthused by rational & cool intellectuals. In my view, JP would make a great PM for India because he will take decisions not on emotional grounds but on evidence, needs and rational policy making.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Idéfix wrote:
rawemotions wrote:Instead he could have achieved the same Jan Lokpal bill, by forcing the BJP to commit to Jan Lokpal bill as a part of their manisfesto as a quid pro quo for an alliance, given that Congress basically watered down his bill.
Congress watered down his bill. Modiji pissed on it by forcing an even weaker Lokayukta bill through Gujarat assembly. And you think Kejriwal should make an alliance with BJP! Every time BJP supporters disparage Kejriwal, it becomes clearer to ordinary people that BJP is on the same side as Congress when it comes to corruption. So I encourage to keep criticizing AAP and Kejriwal.
I did not bring up AAP here, you were the one who has recommended AAP in the first place and asked for donation. I just pointed out issues in his party setup, his tactics, his inexperience and vagueness in his policy framework which makes his party unworthy of any donation. For the record i dont think any donation to him is going to help achieve Jan Lokpal Bill, the way he is going about it. I did not personally disparage Kejriwal. So please first correct your response!

You do not have the wherewithal to respond to my points. Instead you bring in Modi. Man this is a new low for you in terms of a debate. Looks like you folks dont know anything other than to keep repeating Modi's name. What Modi did or did not do in Gujarat is irrelevant here. 

If you have the guts, answer them, defend your party, otherwise please stop giving gratuitous advice. Nobody needs it!  I repeat all he is going to do, is add a few seats to Congress kitty, compared to the number they would have got had it been just BJP.  

Anyway your man has claimed that if not in majority he will NOT ally with anybody but will force elections again. Let us see what happens!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:30 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Vakavaka

I think AAP has become prominent because the leaders took bold steps and the agitation of Anna Hazare attracted international attention. People were fed up with corruption and when the time was right, Kejriwal, Hazare, Scindia, etc., took risks and became well-known.

JP is a cool, level-headed person. If you talk to him (I did), you will know that he is a deep thinker with a lot of administrative experience and innovative solutions to good governance. Unfortunately, he didn't do the heroics that Kejriwal and Hazare did. Also, he did his work only in SI, away from Delhi. Even in SI, people of TN & AP like emotional heroics and are not enthused by rational & cool intellectuals. In my view, JP would make a great PM for India because he will take decisions not on emotional grounds but on evidence, needs and rational policy making.
Vakavaka,

This guy JP was in Virginia 2 years ago. The Telugu folks arranged for a talk by him. He said the Muslims came to India to help the ruler of Sind. It seems SIndhi people were harassed by bandits and the Hindu king appealed to the Muslim ruler in Afghanistan. So he came with his troops to drive out the bad guys.

There was a group of guys from Telengana demanding him to be precise about his position about making that region a separate state. JP equivocated. He did not come forth and gave a straight answer.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:47 am

All you foreigners are pumping in funds into AAP just to sabotage the chances of our Supreme Leader God. And we shall foil these insidious attempts. Ban the foreign hand. Vote for the paragons of virtue, the champions of Lok Ayukta and Lok Pal, the blemishless party and I mean the BJP. Nobody can stop the march of the Supreme Leader God to 10 Janpath. Yes we can. Toilet wahin banayenge. Jai Shri Ram.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:30 am

rawemotions wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
I did not bring up AAP here, you were the one who has recommended AAP in the first place and asked for donation. I just pointed out issues in his party setup, his tactics, his inexperience and vagueness in his policy framework which makes his party unworthy of any donation. For the record i dont think any donation to him is going to help achieve Jan Lokpal Bill, the way he is going about it. I did not personally disparage Kejriwal. So please first correct your response!

You do not have the wherewithal to respond to my points. Instead you bring in Modi. Man this is a new low for you in terms of a debate. Looks like you folks dont know anything other than to keep repeating Modi's name. What Modi did or did not do in Gujarat is irrelevant here. 

If you have the guts, answer them, defend your party, otherwise please stop giving gratuitous advice. Nobody needs it!  I repeat all he is going to do, is add a few seats to Congress kitty, compared to the number they would have got had it been just BJP.  

Anyway your man has claimed that if not in majority he will NOT ally with anybody but will force elections again. Let us see what happens!
A man who does not intend to keep his words should not mislead the people. Point to be noted. Just proves that this man is also down the same slippery path of changing positions when it suits him.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down