Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROFL

+4
nevada
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

ROFL Empty ROFL

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:45 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maid-could-be-CIA-agent-says-Khobragades-father/articleshow/27747180.cms

Rishi

Back to top Go down

ROFL Empty Re: ROFL

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Rishi wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maid-could-be-CIA-agent-says-Khobragades-father/articleshow/27747180.cms

I cant blame him.... look at the sequence and tell me which Govt "evacuates" the family of a "foreign maid" surreptitiously out of a friendly. US Govt hides this maid for 6 months without even responding to Indian court warrants? And none other than the federal prosecutor - decides to take up this case out of 100s of cases. He picks what is "important" in "his view" not the 100s of other petty cases.

Certainly there is more to it as that Gringo said in his comments section in the other news article.

BTW, this Uttam is an IAS officer? do most of the IAS officers talk like that ? or he was one bcz of the quota ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rishi wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maid-could-be-CIA-agent-says-Khobragades-father/articleshow/27747180.cms

I cant blame him.... look at the sequence and tell me which Govt "evacuates" the family of a "foreign maid" surreptitiously out of a friendly. US Govt hides this maid for 6 months without even responding to Indian court warrants? And none other than the federal prosecutor - decides to take up this case out of 100s of cases. He picks what is "important" in "his view" not the 100s of other petty cases.

Certainly there is more to it as that Gringo said in his comments section in the other news article.

BTW, this Uttam is an IAS officer?  do most of the IAS officers talk like that ? or he was one bcz of the quota ?
US govt's clear message to India: We don't give a damn about having friendly diplomatic ties with you. We don't see any value in that. Hence we want to bully and humiliate you just for the kicks Wink. It's very amusing to see your reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Kinnera wrote:

BTW, this Uttam is an IAS officer?  do most of the IAS officers talk like that ? or he was one bcz of the quota ?
US govt's clear message to India: We don't give a damn about having friendly diplomatic ties with you. We don't see any value in that. Hence we want to bully and humiliate you just for the kicks Wink. It's very amusing to see your reaction.

That's called typical US bullying which is why the whole world hates them, and they cry foul when Somalians return the favor.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:22 pm

I think the husband of DK could be a CIA agent.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

That's called typical US bullying which is why the whole world hates them, and they cry foul when Somalians return the favor.
US may be a crook, but India is no saint. Why the heck did it revoke Sangeeta's passport and request the US to deport her back to India? What kind of a major criminal act did she do? Imagine her plight if she had gone back to India. She would've been harassed, humiliated, beaten up, etc...much more than what Devyani had to go through. But no one gives a damn. Do they? Because that's India and she's  is poor. And why is India supporting and protecting Devyani who lied thru her nose in the visa papers?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

US may be a crook, but India is no saint. Why the heck did it revoke Sangeeta's passport and request the US to deport her back to India? What kind of a major criminal act did she do? Imagine her plight if she had gone back to India. She would've been harassed, humiliated, beaten up, etc...much more than what Devyani had to go through. But no one gives a damn. Do they? Because that's India and she's  is poor. And why is India supporting and protecting Devyani who lied thru her nose in the visa papers?

Sangeetha Richard was issued an official passport specific to a mission, not the civilian type you & I carry (or used to carry). They revoked it when she went missing and demanded $10k & help with converting it to civilian type passport. The sentiment on SuCH, in general is all 3 parties involved in this fiasco (DK, SR and ShareKhan Bharara) are at fault.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:59 pm

nevada wrote:I think the husband of DK could be a CIA agent.
lol. Now that is an original thought.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:US may be a crook, but India is no saint. Why the heck did it revoke Sangeeta's passport and request the US to deport her back to India? What kind of a major criminal act did she do? Imagine her plight if she had gone back to India. She would've been harassed, humiliated, beaten up, etc...much more than what Devyani had to go through. But no one gives a damn. Do they? Because that's India and she's  is poor. And why is India supporting and protecting Devyani who lied thru her nose in the visa papers?

Sangeetha Richard was issued an official passport specific to a mission, not the civilian type you & I carry (or used to carry). They revoked it when she went missing and demanded $10k & help with converting it to civilian type passport. The sentiment on SuCH, in general is all 3 parties involved in this fiasco (DK, SR and ShareKhan Bharara) are at fault.
i agree with the sentiment on SuCh. All three are at fault. DK should've used her judgment before hiring Sangeeta. People who get help from india usually look for an elderly woman in good health, a widow, with well settled children and no major tie-downs and who is just looking to make a quick buck for her old age.
Sangeeta is relatively young, has a husband and a son who she left in India. She's a candidate who'd want to settle down in US and bring her husband and son over. Besides, she also has her MIL, FIL and hubby working  for  the embassies. They could have some good connections there.
Devyani might've felt assured because she got the official passport for Sangeeta, not the ordinary one.

I don't know how tough it is to change passport, changing the visa type and jumping from an indian company onto an american company after coming to US used to be pretty common. 

Preet Bharara must be having his own political ambitions.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Most of the Indians I know who came from India speak english like that. I am told that it is because of their accent of their native language, and because their english teachers have never spoken in english.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

typical hypocritical congress supporter - all for corruption back home, comes to US to make money & enjoy american lifestyle, and hates everything about it.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:09 pm

swapna wrote:

Most of the Indians I know who came from India speak english like that. I am told that it is because of their accent of their native language, and because their english teachers have never spoken in english.

>>>I bet that Uttam Khobragade took the exams for civil service in Hindi.

Btw are you aware that the German Ambassador who once went to a speech by Abdul Kalam asked for a copy of the transcript at the end of the speech? He could not understand Kalam's English.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:16 pm

who gives a shit about this little monkey-faced bitch? i am so fucking tired of this story. how ridiculous the indian politicians make india look.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Rishi wrote:
swapna wrote:

>>>I bet that Uttam Khobragade  took the exams for civil service in Hindi.

Btw are you aware that the German Ambassador who once went to a speech by Abdul Kalam asked for a copy of the transcript at the end of the speech? He could not understand Kalam's English.
how do you know that? maybe he wanted a copy of the speech for himself cuz everybody knows kalam's speeches and written works are really good.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 pm

swapna wrote:

then you must be keeping the company of middle-aged gujarati housewives.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

typical hypocritical congress supporter - all for corruption back home, comes to US to make money & enjoy american lifestyle, and hates everything about it.

at least I slog day in and out to earn money, not after easy monies share market, lottery. No I don't hate everything about America, that's a figment of your imagination.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 pm

ROFL, part 2:

check out this link describing aakash singh's work. it reads like he is on a manned-mission to mars, but actually he is exploring the grape.

http://www.winemedia.com.au/clients/siwc/media_releases/2013/2014_judges/profiles/rathore.html

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:
nevada wrote:I think the husband of DK could be a CIA agent.
lol. Now that is an original thought.

He certainly has the qualities needed to be suspected as an agent - a globe trotting eternal PHDist who somehow lands plum posts wherever he goes, and ends up as the lover/husband of a politically well connected female.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:who gives a shit about this little monkey-faced bitch? i am so fucking tired of this story. how ridiculous the indian politicians make india look.
+1.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:27 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:who gives a shit about this little monkey-faced bitch? i am so fucking tired of this story. how ridiculous the indian politicians make india look.

Now stop being jealous...she is so so very cute.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down