Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL!

+2
Propagandhi711
SomeProfile
6 posters

Go down

Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL! Empty Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL!

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 12:12 am

I just realized that Sulekha probably doesn't have any permanent developers! I mean, think about it. There are so few changes on this site, why would they need to keep a permanent developer? I think when they initially set up the site, they got some half-baked developers by advertising on Craigslist. Once the site was up and running, those people were let go. The site has been an autopilot since then. For god knows how long!

So, the people who are trying to fix all those bugs on Sulekha right now are probably Satya Prabhakar and his wife! So, the dialog Another Brick imagined between the imaginary developer and Satya Prabhakar never happened. Instead, we have a middle-aged desi couple in Austin, sitting in their bedroom with a laptop and trying to fix this thing. They are probably having arguments about the right way to fix it and tearing each others hair out. Heck, they are probably sabotaging each others attempts at fixing Sulekha. Sulekha is nothing more than a poor child trapped and suffering between the fighting mom and dad.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL! Empty Re: Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL!

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:30 am

a known devil is better than an unknown angel. u see we donno abt this site's limitations and how safe it is in the long run.
ppl have been on sulekha for years and we know wat and wat not its capable of. i guess thats wats stopping many from shifting.

imagine we find out an annoying bug here or users abuse freedom like cro's signature etc. and u have to move back to sulekha Razz it will be harder for u. so dont make up ur mind just yet. let both the places be alive and we'll see which one suits us better. ya?

Back to top Go down

Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL! Empty Re: Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL!

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 am

aunty, you're a very annoying creature. why is that so?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:44 am

i was born like this. short people find me annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:05 am

SomeProfile wrote:So, the people who are trying to fix all those bugs on Sulekha right now are probably Satya Prabhakar and his wife! So, the dialog Another Brick imagined between the imaginary developer and Satya Prabhakar never happened. Instead, we have a middle-aged desi couple in Austin, sitting in their bedroom with a laptop and trying to fix this thing. They are probably having arguments about the right way to fix it and tearing each others hair out. Heck, they are probably sabotaging each others attempts at fixing Sulekha. Sulekha is nothing more than a poor child trapped and suffering between the fighting mom and dad.

Request to Another Brick: please post the transcript of your spy microphone recording of Mr & Mrs Satya Prabhakar trying to fix Sulekha.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 am

SomeProfile wrote:I just realized that Sulekha probably doesn't have any permanent developers! I mean, think about it. There are so few changes on this site, why would they need to keep a permanent developer? I think when they initially set up the site, they got some half-baked developers by advertising on Craigslist. Once the site was up and running, those people were let go. The site has been an autopilot since then. For god knows how long!

So, the people who are trying to fix all those bugs on Sulekha right now are probably Satya Prabhakar and his wife! So, the dialog Another Brick imagined between the imaginary developer and Satya Prabhakar never happened. Instead, we have a middle-aged desi couple in Austin, sitting in their bedroom with a laptop and trying to fix this thing. They are probably having arguments about the right way to fix it and tearing each others hair out. Heck, they are probably sabotaging each others attempts at fixing Sulekha. Sulekha is nothing more than a poor child trapped and suffering between the fighting mom and dad.
They probably have an outsourced "team" of 2 guys in a garage in Madras or Hyderabad. Satya picks up the phone and yells at the "manager" who in turn yells at the developer. The developer then gives it back to the users by randomly banning users and deleting their posts over 1-2 years. And comes up with a fix that breaks more things. A fix that is not even a real fix, because someone apparently can still break the site!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:17 am

LOL! May be the developers are in Cegansoft, Chennai. Muthukumarr was probably the manager and got banned by his own developer!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 2:19 am

SomeProfile wrote:Request to Another Brick: please post the transcript of your spy microphone recording of Mr & Mrs Satya Prabhakar trying to fix Sulekha.

hahaha@ spy mic.

there is perhaps some truth in what you say. sulekha might not have any developers working for them. when satya prabhakar told HK "let me see what I can do," he meant it.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 am

You need a different formatting to native HTML format (like "[" instead of "<") and then convert them to html tags for storage/display.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 am

Another Brick wrote:when satya prabhakar told HK "let me see what I can do," he meant it.
ROFL.

PS: I need a smiley for that.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 am

I am trying to imagine Satya Prabhakar when he received the emails from Sulekhaites. He was probably snoring in the afternoon, content with all the money pouring in from Sulekha without too much effort on his part. Then, boom! 2-3 emails complaining about some vaguely remembered message board from already forgotten Sulekhars (and Sulekhinis?), who are addressing him like they know him personally! What was his initial reaction? What did he do next? When did he decide it was time to take some half-assed action to fix the bug?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 am

Note: In my imagination, Satya Prabhakar looks like Tamil actor Vijayakanth.

Who are Sulekha's developers? ROFL! Actor-vijayakanth-stills-4_720_southdreamz

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 am

Here's Sathya Prabhakar hacking into Sulekha using Windows Media Player and identifying the location of Another Brick from the future:

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 3:21 am

SomeProfile wrote:LOL! May be the developers are in Cegansoft, Chennai. Muthukumarr was probably the manager and got banned by his own developer!

hahaha.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri May 06, 2011 7:52 am

SomeProfile wrote:Here's Sathya Prabhakar hacking into Sulekha using Windows Media Player and identifying the location of Another Brick from the future:

lol! lol!
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down