Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I know why some people joined Anna Hazare ( Attention Merlot)

Go down

Now I know why some people joined Anna Hazare ( Attention Merlot) Empty Now I know why some people joined Anna Hazare ( Attention Merlot)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Vishwas had earned Rs. 100 for singing poems in his first commercial poetry concert in Hapur, located 50 km from Delhi, on the NH-24, in the 1990s.
Now, he reportedly charges Rs. 1.5 to Rs. 4 lakh for a concert.

Chetan Anand, a fellow-poet and journalist, said Vishwas touched a chord with the young through “excellent oratory skills and romantic poems crafted with easy Hindi words”.
Anand added his meteoric rise caused heartburn among senior poets. “He won over the people’s hearts but made enemies among senior poets.”

Around 2002, senior poets started skipping events attended by Vishwas.
To counter that, Vishwas, a topper from Meerut University, discovered a new audience — engineering and management students in the country’s top institutions.
With an efficient public relation (PR) exercise and aggressive marketing, he started selling his poems in various private and government educational institutions.

“Soon after, he found an audience in IITs, IIMs and other premier institutes. But his fees for an event did not go beyond Rs. 20,000-30,000 until he joined Anna Hazare’s campaign against corruption in 2011. After sharing the dais with Anna, he started charging Rs. 1 to 3 lakh for an event,” said a poet close to him, requesting anonymity.

- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/it-will-be-a-miracle-if-kumar-vishwas-defeats-rahul-in-amethi-aap-leader-s-father/article1-1178085.aspx#sthash.C4luOMFz.dpuf

Back to top Go down