Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relatives and Free Advice

3 posters

Go down

Relatives and Free Advice Empty Relatives and Free Advice

Post by gone Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 pm

I am so sick and tired of the unsolicited advice that one very annoying aunt from DH's side keeps giving us. For instance, she'll call, I'll inadvertently tell her some of our plans (related to fun travel to another country or plans to sell the practice and look for a job with a Veterans Administration Medical Center in a huge city), and she'll start telling me to tell my husband to call her ASAP to discuss this with her.

She'll say " You should not visit Turkey. That's not safe because it is full of Muslims." Everyone DH and I have met from Turkey has been a progressive and secular Muslim. One guy was a little chauvinistic but even he was moderate when it came to his religion and politics. Then, she'll say "Why are you selling the practice? Is it not working out financially?" Good lord! Like that's any of her business! Or "Why are you moving to so-and-so Megacity? It's very expensive to buy a house there. You should both think long-term about how you will afford the overpriced outdated housing and high taxes there." Yes, we've thought about these things and we're willing to pay for a better quality of life in a cosmopolitan city with people like us around us.

What an annoying meddlesome woman. Now, every time she calls, I avoid her like the plague or say something like "Thank you, but DH and I have made our decision."

gone

Back to top Go down

Relatives and Free Advice Empty Re: Relatives and Free Advice

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 pm

what are the megacities in the US?

ya you should say you have made ur decision.

when u going to turkey?

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Ironically, over Easter.

NY, LA, Chi-Town. Does Houston count? I don't know.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 pm

no time for detail right now, mini, but Turkish guys are the trashiest sleaziest men roaming the planet. very sick men and I just want to throw up even thinking of them.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Seriously, all the Turkish male doctors we have met seem to be very pleasant, very easy to get along with, they are married to smart, assertive, and educated career women who were never wearing a veil or scarf or thingie, they had small families (one or two kids), and spoke good English.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 pm

mainstreet wrote:Seriously, all the Turkish male doctors we have met seem to be very pleasant, very easy to get along with, they are married to smart, assertive, and educated career women who were never wearing a veil or scarf or thingie, they had small families (one or two kids), and spoke good English.
>>>The professional types are no different from Europeans. The ones I have met have been pretty moderate politically and socially.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down