Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jagan most likely cm of residual ap

+6
Propagandhi711
Ponniyin Selvan
MaxEntropy_Man
b_A
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

jagan most likely cm of residual ap Empty jagan most likely cm of residual ap

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 am

Now that the dust settled, who is going to be the cm of new old seat?
jagan is my prediction. Why and how?
Four blocks of power in seemandhra are
Ysrc, tdp, kiran, and Congress.
Congress is damaged goods but still can retain small pockets of strength.
Mla <20 and Mp <=2
kiran some influence very fickle support. His army is made up of old Congress.
mla <10. Mp<2
tdp has some strong pockets of strength but failed to win over seemandhra people as required.
Mla > 50 Mp>5
ysrc has one large swath of strength and some mystique that jagan can win,
Mla > 50 Mp > 7
Others
such as communists, jp, aap, independents and others smaller groups
Mla < 10 and no mps

So the actual battle is for 50 mla seats mostly between ysrc and tdp or one of them and Congress.
Unless tdp gets a sweeping majority which is unlikely, all other groups are recent Congress groups. So with 50 to 70 seats jagan can easily fill the gap and become cm. He will parley his Mp strength to support modi and get a good package for dealing with his criminal cases. Everyone lives happily everafter with one such poster distributing sparkling wine (hopefully I will get a bottle for excellent future prognostication) .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

jagan most likely cm of residual ap Empty Re: jagan most likely cm of residual ap

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 am

truthbetold wrote: Everyone lives happily everafter with one such poster distributing sparkling wine (hopefully I will get a bottle for excellent future prognostication) .
and a Mutton Biryani packet too.. Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

jagan most likely cm of residual ap Empty Re: jagan most likely cm of residual ap

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:50 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote: Everyone lives happily everafter with one such poster distributing sparkling wine (hopefully I will get a bottle for excellent future prognostication) .

Would welcome the additional offer as long as it is not one of those distributed at jagan's odarpu yatra. I can give you the contact info for my local "pYaradise biryani" . And thanks for the wine.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:09 pm

CBN knows he has an outside chance of winning it. Hence his backtracking on his alliance with BJP.

All the hardwork that Jagan did in looting Andhra is now at stake. His investment in Hyderabad real estate and mining are in telengana. He has to start all over - but he will make it all in 2 years. SA will be in a coalition mode for a couple of election cycles.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Would welcome the additional offer as long as it is not one of those distributed at jagan's odarpu yatra.  I can give you the contact info for my local "pYaradise biryani" . And thanks for the wine.
What's wrong with those, if those rumors are indeed real, they must have been distributed & consumed by 10s of lakhs of telugus so far no evidence of food poisoning, seems to be of better quality than the food provided in those mid-day meal programs.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:CBN knows he has an outside chance of winning it. Hence his backtracking on his alliance with BJP.

All the hardwork that Jagan did in looting Andhra is now at stake. His investment in Hyderabad real estate and mining are in telengana. He has to start all over - but he will make it all in 2 years. SA will be in a coalition mode for a couple of election cycles.
Eh! he is now claiming that his party will in 'T' with thumping majority.. I guess hoping to become either 'T' CM or 'A' CM  ** time to send him to a mental asylum** Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Would welcome the additional offer as long as it is not one of those distributed at jagan's odarpu yatra.  I can give you the contact info for my local "pYaradise biryani" . And thanks for the wine.
What's wrong with those, if those rumors are indeed real, they must have been distributed & consumed by 10s of lakhs of telugus so far no evidence of food poisoning, seems to be of better quality than the food provided in those mid-day meal programs.

Cd
My biryani has to have better quality than not caused food poisoning and better than mid day meals. My biryani will cost you (or party fund) a decent penny.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:17 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:CBN knows he has an outside chance of winning it. Hence his backtracking on his alliance with BJP.

Eh! he is now claiming that his party will in 'T' with thumping majority.. I guess hoping to become either 'T' CM or 'A' CM  ** time to send him to a mental asylum** Razz
Yeah. He is just like Rahul who is claiming that he win next elections and Indian will change. It would interesting to hear what they would be talking in the mental asylum.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Hope SA does not become another Orissa or Bihar. Unlike Haryana, it has no mega city nearby to feed development. It will be in the same situation as Andhra in 1954.

Will take a good 25 years with the help of a couple of charismatic and good CMs (Vengal Rao, NTR, CBN, and YSR helped - despite the negatives). SA has only YSR and Kiran Reddy as its leaders (not good at all).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Hope SA does not become another Orissa or Bihar. Unlike Haryana, it has no mega city nearby to feed development.  It will be in the same situation as Andhra in 1954.

Will take a good 25 years with the help of a couple of charismatic and good CMs (Vengal Rao, NTR,  CBN, and YSR helped - despite the negatives). SA has only YSR and Kiran Reddy as its leaders (not good at all).
Samiyaar

You are on a roll.  I completely agree with you on seemandhra turning into orissa or one of those also ran states.  Yes the four names you listed were the best of the lot.

Current seemandhra strengths are its people's devotion to education and entrepreneurial spirit.  However they need good leadership.  IF only they can find a way to create a party with the likes of JP to lead the new state.(Vakavaka and others also expressed similar sentiment).  Sonia banished seemandhra to 25 years of poverty and oblivion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 pm

But i can say this with some confidence: Telengana will go down the drain. Already KCR and his son are the spokesmen. They will ensure no one else comes up. To make matters worse, there is no other party or leaders. Expect the Hyderabadi MIM to be THE opposition party with - as usual - vote block from the interior telengana. The mining industry will flourish but will benefit KCR & family.

All in all in much worse shape than what it is now.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Uppili saarvadu

Time is up.  T area will do well .  On this score many of seemandhra friends will differ from me.  

Hyderabad is a loaded spring that is held back.  It bustling with energy waiting for T state issue to be resolved.  Slowly big companies will reinvest in Hyd as low cost high value city among major metropolis of India.  With peace returning to the city it will reignite like it did after 1972 agitations.  It is not easy but HYD will work hard to regain global cosmopolitan city image.  Real estate business may take a year or two of confidence boosting but industries such as IT will reignite pretty quickly.

If I have additional money, would I invest in Hyderabad?. Yes. I can assure you, Hyderabad will prosper.  

Rest of the t area may get some benefit from the imbalance of state bifurcation but i am sad to say in few years ordinary t person is in the same boat as seemandhra. They both need good state governments.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppili saarvadu

Time is up.  T area will do well .  On this score many of seemandhra friends will differ from me.  

Hyderabad is a loaded spring that is held back.  It bustling with energy waiting for T state issue to be resolved.  Slowly big companies will reinvest in Hyd as low cost high value city among major metropolis of India.  With peace returning to the city it will reignite like it did after 1972 agitations.  It is not easy but HYD will work hard to regain global cosmopolitan city image.  Real estate business may take a year or two of confidence boosting but industries such as IT will reignite pretty quickly.

If I have additional money, would I invest in Hyderabad?. Yes. I can assure you, Hyderabad will prosper.  

Rest of the t area may get some benefit from the imbalance of state bifurcation but i am sad to say in few years ordinary t person is in the same boat as seemandhra. They both need good state governments.

I really doubt it. Telangana will be a power deficit state from day one. There is a gap of at least 4000 MW between production and demand. If they complete all those lift irrigation projects , there will be even more demand in addition to the existing mostly borewell dependent agriculture. They have to choose between power cuts to Agriculture or Industry . You can very well predict what the choice is going to be.
And by the time new power generation stations come up , the lift irrigation schemes also will come up and suck all that power. It is going to face a tough time.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:02 pm

i am ashamed to say i haven't followed the splitting of AP and the politics surrounding it. is there a one page summary somewhere that i can read which lays out the basics?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:14 pm

b_A wrote:

I really doubt it. Telangana will be a power deficit state from day one. There is a gap of at least 4000 MW between production and demand. If they complete all those lift irrigation projects , there will be even more demand in addition to the existing mostly borewell dependent agriculture. They have to choose between power cuts to Agriculture or Industry . You can very well predict what the choice is going to be.
And by the time new power generation stations come up , the lift irrigation schemes also will come up and suck all that power. It is going to face a tough time.
Yes. Power is a problem for T area. But it will not stop Hyd development.  That is the revenue source of T area.  Power problem in T area can only be solved with innovative methods and renewable energy sources.  T area and Seemandhra will trade water to power. 

Long term, some T intellectuals who have access to high decision making levels are discussing alternate strategies. Let us wait and see.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am ashamed to say i haven't followed the splitting of AP and the politics surrounding it. is there a one page summary somewhere that i can read which lays out the basics?
Max,

Such an objective unbiased page of opinion is yet to be written. In the meanwhile, start with wikipedia article on T. It contains some real history and few paragraphs on recent T state demand.  Links to some detail is provided.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telangana

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 pm

SA is going to go down the drain. The super corrupt and crook Jagan is going to be its new CM and his family and dynasty is going to play a major role in SA politics for decades to come. They are going to loot the state, terrorize their opponents, try to Christianize it and all.

There are going to be major issues regarding water sharing with T and the arid regions of Rayalaseema are going to get more arid. Ppl in the krishna and godavari deltas are going to have problems too.

There are going be tensions between andhra and rayalaseema areas on what the new capital is going to be. The competition could be between Vijayawada and Kurnool, with vijayawada tuning out to be the winner. Rayalaseema will ultimately want to separate from andhra in a few years to come.

The region will be neglected by the center and not much funding will be given to the area for its development.

There will be caste tensions between the kosta/andhra kammas and rayalaseema reddys.

Dooms days for SA ahead.

PS: i agree with TS's analysis of hyd and T.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Kinnera,

"There are going to be major issues regarding water sharing with T and the arid regions of Rayalaseema are going to get more arid. Ppl in the krishna and godavari deltas are going to have problems too."

absolutely true.  This is the question of the next century for seemandhra. Sonia just banished those people to perpetual water battles. 

If sensible heads prevail,  some division of capital can be made to satisfy both areas.  9 months in Vijayawada and 3 months in Kurnool.  An alternative is some vacant land in Prakasam dt. 

Rayalaseema will be totally devastated with feudal landlords,  scarce water and poor revenue state.  Kurnool, kadapa, Anatpur and chittoor people will be in deep trouble.

I think Caste will be a factor just like any other state but a bigger problem is the quality of the leaders.  Jagan is absolutely the worst possible person to be the CM at this moement. But looks like that is the choice of seemandhra. 

Who is TS?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:47 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Who is TS?
I meant to say you, TBT. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:19 pm

truthbetold wrote:
b_A wrote:

Yes. Power is a problem for T area. But it will not stop Hyd development.  That is the revenue source of T area.  Power problem in T area can only be solved with innovative methods and renewable energy sources.  T area and Seemandhra will trade water to power. 

Long term, some T intellectuals who have access to high decision making levels are discussing alternate strategies. Let us wait and see.
Last few years small towns and villages were having 6-10 hour power cuts/day while all the power was diverted to Hyderabad with only 1-3 hours of power cut. Now , cities like Vijayawada/Guntur/tirupati which were suffering 2-4 hr/day power cuts will have no power cut while Hyderabad may have to endure 10hr/day power cut. Even KCR who had the task of painting a rosy picture , admitted that power will be a problem. He said they will get from Chattisgarh and central grid and Kiran debunked that theory and KCR kept quiet after that.
Add the tax holiday to the power surplus status and AP will look very attractive to the industrialists. Rayalaseema will be even more attractive with the availability of cheap land and proximity to upcoming major port near Nellore and of course, Madras and Bangalore.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Addition to prev post:

And may I remind that lack of electricity and massive power cuts is the main reason for Calcutta's major decline in recent history.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Has the capital been decided?.

Vizag is a beautiful city, but drawback is that major portions of land held by Army/Navy for defence / strategic reasons, not sure state has enough land in the city. 

never been to hyderabad, but been to Vizag and drove along the east coast. Every village has a big statue of YSR, implies one of the two things, either YSR has that much of a following, or has so much new money that has been lavishly spent to gain supporters.

I've been told that YSR after assuming power gave away a lot of government controlled land including mountains/hills etc. to private groups mostly Reddys to start engineering colleges and also paid the tuition fees of all engineering students from the government money, hitting two birds in one stone, gaining the good will of people for giving free education as well as getting money out of it.

Is that true?

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:53 pm

b_A wrote:Addition to prev post:

And may I remind that lack of electricity and massive power cuts is the main reason for Calcutta's major decline  in recent history.
B-a 
I disagree with your reasoning on kolkatta.  That city was under seize since mid 1960s.  Jyoti Basu , while great individual, led the demise of kolkatta. Power supply was also a creation of the same forces. Now that major hinderance is lifted, it will spring to life. For several more years kolkatta will run because of spring effect of years of stunted growth. All the unsatisfied urges have to be satisfied.

But I get your point about the importance of power and its ability to ripple development. Water problem in Chennai is another example.

But T state will work with AP to exchange water for power and coal. As I said agricultural needs in T area needs distributed power.  So T state is looking for alternate solutions in that directions. It may take a year to formulate that process. Let us see.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 pm

b-a
you made some very good points about power surplus in AP and how to use proximity of Bangalore and chennai.  That is not an automatic choice.  That is where lot of ground work, selling of ideas to investors,  and supporting to willing investors comes in. That means good administration. If the coming govt is a rag tag ex congressmen coalition led by Jagan, what are the chances of an effective government? YSR himself was a very poor executive. Jagan with his fiery emotion is less likely to perform any better.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Ponniyn Selvan,

Capital selection (another chance for sonia mess up) is still under process.  It will be used as another divisive tactic to secure few more seats for congress. 

Regarding YSR.  He was a christian but reddy's somehow feel he was theirs.  He rewarded his followers.  It is true that land was allocated illegally and improperly in many cases. ( we know this now from official records including reversal of some of the grants ex: land granted to Brahmani Steel Plant in Cadappuh). Some of these grants were to reddys. But he and Jagan also cultivated other greedy investors from Kamma, Raju and other castes. They also benefited from such illegal transactions (ex; Matrix Prasad, a Kamma was awarded lot of coastal lands. This guy is now indicted and spent time in jail). So the corruption is not limited to just one caste group. While reddy's benefited more than all others combined but investors of all castes were involved in sharing the loot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 pm

truthbetold wrote:Ponniyn Selvan,

Capital selection (another chance for sonia mess up) is still under process.  It will be used as another divisive tactic to secure few more seats for congress. 

Regarding YSR.  He was a christian but reddy's somehow feel he was theirs.  He rewarded his followers.  It is true that land was allocated illegally and improperly in many cases. ( we know this now from official records including reversal of some of the grants ex: land granted to Brahmani Steel Plant in Cadappuh). Some of these grants were to reddys. But he and Jagan also cultivated other greedy investors from Kamma, Raju and other castes. They also benefited from such illegal transactions (ex; Matrix Prasad, a Kamma was awarded lot of coastal lands. This guy is now indicted and spent time in jail). So the corruption is not limited to just one caste group. While reddy's benefited more than all others combined but investors of all castes were involved in sharing the loot.

TBT,

In India, caste trumps over religion, in TN too many people esp. in the Southern TN are ok marrying across religion (Christians and Hindus) within the same caste.. No wonder Reddys feel affinity with the Christian YSR. If we measure the popularity of any leader by the number of statues, I think YSR beats everyone hands down in coastal Andhra. agree that he loot has been shared across castes to get this popular..

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 pm

ahem

http://vikasbharat.blogspot.com/2011/11/1996-2004-chandrababu-scam-list.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Ponniyn Selvan,

TBT,

In India, caste trumps over religion, in TN too many people esp. in the Southern TN are ok marrying across religion (Christians and Hindus) within the same caste.. No wonder Reddys feel affinity with the Christian YSR. If we measure the popularity of any leader by the number of statues, I think YSR beats everyone hands down in coastal Andhra. agree that he loot has been shared across castes to get this popular..
I'm glad I'm not smoking whatever the fuck you're smoking. How would YSR helping a few select businessmen fill their coffers will make him popular among the entire population of the castes those businessmen belong to.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 am

Uh oh cd is pissed at this besmirching of his 'pure as driven snow' ungles rep

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 am

Since we're making predictions, I think seemandhra will prosper over telangana and rayalaseema...culture is destiny over everything else in the long term

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 am

For investors to continue investing in Hyderabad, and for non-Hyd Telangana to develop four things must happen.
1. Mohammed Owaisi should shut up.
2. Naxalites or Communists should shut up and pack their bags.
3. KCR should give up booze or retire from politics.
4. BJP should win absolute majority in T.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:Uh oh cd is pissed at this besmirching of his 'pure as driven snow' ungles rep
You are more than welcome to twist my comments to suit your narrative dative but I'm sure you know what I meant

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:42 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:Since we're making predictions, I think seemandhra will prosper over telangana and rayalaseema...culture is destiny over everything else in the long term
This my-culture-is-superior-to-yours attitude is precisely the reason for state split

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:Uh oh cd is pissed at this besmirching of his 'pure as driven snow' ungles rep
You are more than welcome to twist my comments to suit your narrative  dative but I'm sure you know what I meant
So much for borrowing TBT's tablet

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:37 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:Since we're making predictions, I think seemandhra will prosper over telangana and rayalaseema...culture is destiny over everything else in the long term
This my-culture-is-superior-to-yours attitude is precisely the reason for state split
+1
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:41 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

comrade cd, some cultures are indeed superior. why the cultural traits that make some groups successful develop is due to a wide range of factors, with luck involved to a large degree. utopian comrades like to close their eyes and pretend everyone is the same...it's either eugenics or "we are all the same"

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
You are more than welcome to twist my comments to suit your narrative  dative but I'm sure you know what I meant

how can you be so sure comrade?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
+1

not mean to be rude but are you lurking these days?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

comrade cd, some cultures are indeed superior. why the cultural traits that make some groups successful develop is due to a wide range of factors, with luck involved to a large degree. utopian comrades like to close their eyes and pretend everyone is the same...it's either eugenics or "we are all the same"
prop
i am happy to note your self confidence but one must also remember that pandavas have to spend 12 years in exile in forest. circumstances sometimes play cruel jokes on you. however selfconfidence may help seemandhra overcome this vanvas .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

speaking of my tablet , whenever i typed in kiran it prints Moran and my phone prints Iran.
what do you think of kiran? is he going to make any impact?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

prop
i am happy to note your self confidence but one must also remember that pandavas have to spend 12 years in exile in forest. circumstances sometimes play cruel jokes on you. however selfconfidence may help seemandhra overcome this vanvas .
Self confidence! more like arrogance

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

speaking of my tablet , whenever i typed in kiran it prints Moran and my phone prints Iran.
what do you think of kiran? is he going to make any impact?
My read is he won't make much impact who knows how things will turnout in next 2 months

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:02 pm

True. YSRC and TDP will be the only two major players in SA. I don't have much feedback or information from the ground. However, going by the various surveys, it looks like Jagan alone or Jagan & Kiran post poll combine would comfortably ascend the throne of residual AP. 

IMO, it is better for Andhra Seema to give 2/3rds of assembly seats to one party (my preference is TDP) and 2/3rds of Parliament seats to another (my preference is YSRC) and the other 1/3 to the other. SA should soundly reject both the National parties Cong and BJP (direct representation) by not giving them any seat local or national. The regional players should rule for the next two to three decades by suitably supporting the governments at the center and securing needed benefits for the region much like the TN. 

If my wishes are to be granted then -  CBN and YSJ should come together and have this open understanding that one represent at the center and other the state and then swap the roles the second term just as a gesture to ensure that the region's interest is secured a little ahead of their own political interests are.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Smartha .
i like local parties running state for 2 to 3 cycles. lagadapati should jump into Krishna and undavalli be thrown into godavari etc.
concern is that jagan and kiran may reunite with mothership after elections. i can tolerate jagan aligning with Bjp after elections for the twin benefit of getting himself out of jail and get some serious money for the state.
If he loots the state the voters deserve it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Jagan has started his "Odarpu" in Telangana now. Wonder who he will be odarching!

And

Naidu claiming credit for the T state.  Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:16 pm

smArtha wrote:True. YSRC and TDP will be the only two major players in SA. I don't have much feedback or information from the ground. However, going by the various surveys, it looks like Jagan alone or Jagan & Kiran post poll combine would comfortably ascend the throne of residual AP. 

IMO, it is better for Andhra Seema to give 2/3rds of assembly seats to one party (my preference is TDP) and 2/3rds of Parliament seats to another (my preference is YSRC) and the other 1/3 to the other. SA should soundly reject both the National parties Cong and BJP (direct representation) by not giving them any seat local or national. The regional players should rule for the next two to three decades by suitably supporting the governments at the center and securing needed benefits for the region much like the TN. 

If my wishes are to be granted then -  CBN and YSJ should come together and have this open understanding that one represent at the center and other the state and then swap the roles the second term just as a gesture to ensure that the region's interest is secured a little ahead of their own political interests are.
In essence, you're asking them to commit political suicide Smile ee idea kuda bAgAnE undi rashtraniki pattina peeda  vadilipotundi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:True. YSRC and TDP will be the only two major players in SA. I don't have much feedback or information from the ground. However, going by the various surveys, it looks like Jagan alone or Jagan & Kiran post poll combine would comfortably ascend the throne of residual AP. 

In essence, you're asking them to commit political suicide Smile ee idea kuda bAgAnE undi rashtraniki pattina peeda  vadilipotundi

ahem...PC attempt at fairness detected. one senses that poster wishes that only on one of those two**

** one internet awarded for first 10 that can guess which one

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Jagan and Kiran can't come together. They are opposite poles in their personality and bitter rivals too. YSR favored Kiran, much to the displeasure of Jagan.

Kiran is a very nice guy, personally and also as a politician. He is clean, not corrupt like other politicians. But, he is not popular or well liked because he is known 'not to help/favor anyone, even his own relatives and the ppl from his own constituency.'
Despite his strong and consistent stand on united AP, he won't have much political clout in SA. He lacks charisma.

CBN blew it up in SA with his weak stand on the state's division. But in spite of that, he may get support from kammas.

Jagan is going to be the eka chatradipathi of SA. sigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Kinnera wrote:Jagan and Kiran can't come together. They are opposite poles in their personality and bitter rivals too. YSR favored Kiran, much to the displeasure of Jagan.

Kiran is a very nice guy, personally and also as a politician. He is clean, not corrupt like other politicians. But, he is not popular or well liked because he is known 'not to help/favor anyone, even his own relatives and the ppl from his own constituency.'
Despite his strong and consistent stand on united AP, he won't have much political clout in SA. He lacks charisma.

CBN blew it up in SA with his weak stand on the state's division. But in spite of that, he may get support from kammas.

Jagan is going to be the eka chatradipathi of SA. sigh!

What does this say about SuCHers that they are oblivious to reality probably living in lala land, and perhaps naiver than AAP fans; consoling themselves by telling themselves (or is it murmuring?) incessantly our-culture-is-superior, our-culture-is-superior.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

No political suicide here. JDU was with BJP for many years and broke up later for their own needs. Can't CBN and YSJ display such statesman-like quality at least in the time of need? It is a given that they'll both be the dominant players and they just can do this and shut out the Cong, BJP and Kiran. In fact, they should give a clarion call for boycotting of all elections run by central EC and set up a direct people elected twin party government with one leader leading the state and other leading the centre to represent the state. They can abide by this agreement for one decade and then each part their ways and contest independently. They'll reduce the burden of state and their own party political expenditure in this decade and also can shut out other (national) parties in this exercise. They should run the state like a territorially India but everything else autonomous to get it on the fastest track to development. They should demand such autonomy from the center and courts citing the loss of property, opportunities and fair share of all that the SA had contributed for 60 years to T and to TN prior to that. If they come together for even a decade they can dictate terms to the powers at the center. Sorry for the loose rant before signing off from work. May read little incoherent in actual execution but wanted to get the idea across.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next