Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes?

3 posters

Go down

any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes? Empty any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:51 pm

i know the resident roti making domestic aunty doesn't show up here very often these days, but do any of you use a crockpot or other slow cooker to make anything indian?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes? Empty Re: any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i know the resident roti making domestic aunty doesn't show up here very often these days, but do any of you use a crockpot or other slow cooker to make anything indian?
Are you planning to be the resident arachu vitta sambar in slow cooker making domestic aunty?

Back to top Go down

any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes? Empty Re: any experience using a crockpot to make indian dishes?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i know the resident roti making domestic aunty doesn't show up here very often these days, but do any of you use a crockpot or other slow cooker to make anything indian?
Are you planning to be the resident arachu vitta sambar in slow cooker making domestic aunty?

haha. so bloody predictable!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:19 pm

What is the advantage of crockpot/slowcooker except it takes more time to cook? I assume it is electric?
I am looking for japanese donabe or stoneware/claypots cooking ideas.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm

FluteHolder wrote:What is the advantage of crockpot/slowcooker except it takes more time to cook? I assume it is electric?
I am looking for japanese donabe or stoneware/claypots cooking ideas.

simplicity and effort. also timing. you assemble something in the morning, put in the cooker and go away. when you come home in the evening, dinner is ready.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

i've never used one. the idea of something simmering away for 8-10 hours isn't appealing to me. 

are you looking for vegetarian dishes? maybe dal makhani.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down