Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What changes would you make to Indian team?

3 posters

Go down

What changes would you make to Indian team? Empty What changes would you make to Indian team?

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Second test scheduled to start dec 17(dec 16 for us).
What changes would you suggest?
Change spin option to ashwin.
Drop rohit and bring in Dhoni as batsman( I do not know if India has any other extra batsman).
Shikar d. Gets one more chance.
I would let kohli run the show but that may not happen.
Varun Aaron deserves more opportunities but umesh should be in. Let varun practice some more.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

What changes would you make to Indian team? Empty Re: What changes would you make to Indian team?

Post by nevada Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Isn't Raina in the squad? Plus Lokesh Rahul is the other extra batsman. You can actually consider Ashwin the extra batsman because he can score the same or better than any of the so called #6 batsmen in the squad. Having seen Lyon bowl so well, I hope he has learnt a trick or two and is raring to bowl. To disrupt Warner he could be asked to open the bowling. If Ashwin and Karan Sharma both play, we will have 5 bowlers, making it easier(in theory) to get wickets.

Dhawan is a walking wicket. He can neither play cautiously like Vijay and build a long innings with patience nor can he cut loose and get a big score like Sehwag. I would give him a chance till the end of the series and dump him once for all unless he goes to the English counties and plays good innings there in the longer version of the game.

nevada

Back to top Go down

What changes would you make to Indian team? Empty Re: What changes would you make to Indian team?

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:54 pm

The worst handled bowler in recent times has to be Ashwin, looks like he is not even part of the squad.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 pm

nevada wrote:Isn't Raina in the squad? Plus Lokesh Rahul is the other extra batsman. You can actually consider Ashwin the extra batsman because he can score the same or better than any of the so called #6 batsmen in the squad. Having seen Lyon bowl so well, I hope he has learnt a trick or two and is raring to bowl. To disrupt Warner he could be asked to open the bowling. If Ashwin and Karan Sharma both play, we will have 5 bowlers, making it easier(in theory) to get wickets.

Dhawan is a walking wicket. He can neither play cautiously like Vijay and build a long innings with patience nor can he cut loose and get a big score like Sehwag. I would give him a chance till the end of the series and dump him once for all unless he goes to the English counties and plays good innings there in the longer version of the game.
 if lokesh rahul is available they should give him a chance over jaded refuse to learn older players. 

Agree 100% on dhawan. Perform or perish.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down