Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh

2 posters

Go down

here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh Empty here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:12 pm

homework for bhajji.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh Empty Re: here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:15 pm

in the opinion of one aussie:

However, the best offie I ever saw - by a mile - was the little Indian Erapalli Prasanna. Now there was a bowler.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh Empty Re: here's some reading homework for laughbajan singh

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:in the opinion of one aussie:

However, the best offie I ever saw - by a mile - was the little Indian Erapalli Prasanna. Now there was a bowler.

The present day spinners are all paper greats.

No one - absolutely no one can compare with the former quartet+Doshi+Shivalker+Kumar+Goel or even Yadav, Vasudevan, Siva (Except Murali and Kumble).

If only India had just one of the quartet India's bowling will be adequate to handle/control/contain England.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:in the opinion of one aussie:

Or. how about THIS ?

"To my mind a spinner cannot be doing things all that brilliantly if he thinks he is a pretty good bowler but doesn't get many wickets."

It is a shame that the BCCI - with all its treasure - is not thinking about a Spin academy, spin coach - with the former Indian greats always ready to lend a hand.

What a Shame.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:46 pm

bedi is an ass, chandra is wheelchair bound. prasanna and venkat i am sure would love to be part of any such endeavor.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:bedi is an ass, chandra is wheelchair bound. prasanna and venkat i am sure would love to be part of any such endeavor.

Then there are Kumble, Doshi (in UK), and any other living greats. Even the ranji-spin kings are good - after all they succeeded against the best ranji batting kings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 pm

kumble is too busy running karnataka cricket board and doshi is a very busy and successful businessman. they can recruit the likes of venkatapathy raju, murali karthik, hirwani, shiva, and maninder singh (whatever happened to him?).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Murali karthik ? Poor guy is still good enough, he should be considered in the playing XI.

There is Rakesh Tandon (remember him?), LR shukla....any of these will be great coaches. These are Ranji Dadas and could not make it due to the much better Quartet or politics.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm

don't know who those guys are uppili.

here's an interesting statistic about laughbajan that i picked up elsewhere. since jan 1,2006 his average is 37 and his strike rate is 76. there is no other bowler in the history of the game with such terrible figures for such an extended period of time who has enjoyed the status of a default pick.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down