Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle?

5 posters

Go down

Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle? Empty Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle?

Post by nevada Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:27 pm

A half fit Zaheer ambled in without adequate preparation. Sachin "statistics" Tendulkar played inspite of a fever to fill his already padded resume with a century at Lords.
Zaheer's case was probably a well intentioned 50-50 risk which did not pay off.

But I can't understand why Sachin didn't voluntarily sit out. Is his century more important than the interests of the team? Duncan Fletcher must be feeling helpless and frustrated by now. Things are so different on the "front end" and "back end" in Indian cricket with politics, superstar divas and what not.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle? Empty Re: Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle?

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 pm

You mean this match is fixed Smile

Sachin was fine for first 3 days of the match, right?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle? Empty Re: Mumbai mafia responsible for first test debacle?

Post by nevada Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Sachin batted with fever on the third day. So, he must have had body aches or some other symptoms in the previous 2-3 days. But he apparently ignored the symptoms and played the match.

Yes, it is possible that the match may have been fixed. Why didn't Ishant bowl after lunch when he was bowling so well before the lunch break? Why did Dhobi wait a while before giving him the ball?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:24 pm

nevada wrote:Why did Dhobi wait a while before giving him the ball?

there is one theory floating around that dhoni had a mephistophelean stragegy, namely, prolonging the england innings deliberately and making them chew up time so they have less time to bowl india out. after all if you're playing for a draw who cares what the lead is. hence he didn't introduce ishant right away after lunch. don't know if i believe that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:30 pm

If Dhobi really thot along those lines....then he is a real genius.

I heard on the Indian news that Former senior players have questioned why SRT was included if he played first innings with fever? I guess he wanted to play in this special test and that was that...no one was willing to question the elephant.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:If Dhobi really thot along those lines....then he is a real genius.

I heard on the Indian news that Former senior players have questioned why SRT was included if he played first innings with fever? I guess he wanted to play in this special test and that was that...no one was willing to question the elephant.

Guys, guys! cut him some slack. for crying out loud, he batted on day 3. You are stretching quite bit and speculating a lot as to how he felt on days 1 & 2. I didn't follow the match on those 2 days, was he on the field or not?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Also, someone should investigate whether Dhobi taking the gloves off and bowling was related to betting. Were any bets placed on whether he would bowl in this innings? I mean what are the odds of a wicket keeper batsman taking the gloves off and bowling? Slim to none, right? Wrong! Dhobi is no Jimmy Adams in terms of bowling talent. What was the reason for him to bowl?

Sachin must have felt feverish in the past few days - a sore back, aching limbs, etc. But true to form, he placed his selfish interests over the team's interest and didn't opt out.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 am

nevada wrote:Sachin must have felt feverish in the past few days - a sore back, aching limbs, etc. But true to form, he placed his selfish interests over the team's interest and didn't opt out.

that's just unfair. totally unfair and a prejudiced comment. did you hear all this while that he was feverish and did not practice? did you hear that he was not on the field because he was running a temperature? so why do you think that he wanted to play only for his records? that's a ridiculous theory.

for the record, he was on the field from day 1 and batted on day 3, helped build a partnership of 80 odd runs with dravid. how is that selfish? have you never heard of players catching fever during a five-day match? you say he must have felt feverish before day 1. what makes you think that it was not on day 3 of the test match when he really started feeling feverish? where does it say that a player shows symptoms of a fever only before a test match begins?

nevada wrote:Also, someone should investigate whether Dhobi taking the gloves off and bowling was related to betting. Were any bets placed on whether he would bowl in this innings? I mean what are the odds of a wicket keeper batsman taking the gloves off and bowling? Slim to none, right? Wrong! Dhobi is no Jimmy Adams in terms of bowling talent. What was the reason for him to bowl?

yeah, and while they are at it, they must also investigate why laxman threw away his wicket in the first innings. the guy who does not hit the ball in the air even in ODIs and T20 hit one in a test match! was it also because he was to get a million dollars that day?

the reason why dhobi bowled himself was 1) because i sharma asked for a break and more importantly 2) because of slow over-rate problems. dhobi is this close to getting a one-match ban because of our over-rate.

has someone hacked handle "nevada"?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down