Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear C...

2 posters

Go down

Dear C... Empty Dear C...

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:30 am

With flower a blue flower with yellow petals in hand, I implore you. Please do not mock Satya Upadhyayji. He badly craves your approval and will dig up everything where you agreed with him. Please give him your praise. Otherwise he will continue to bombard readers with news articles about the clown. The only choice left to the reader is to put him on ignore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Dear C... Empty Re: Dear C...

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, I am eagerly awaiting a whole bunch of blasts from the past where I agreed with something he said. Per the Rashmun Method, this eager awaitage indicates that I hero worship him.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 pm

charvaka wrote:Yeah, I am eagerly awaiting a whole bunch of blasts from the past where I agreed with something he said. Per the Rashmun Method, this eager awaitage indicates that I hero worship him.

--> at the very least, it does serve to embarass you. The Rashmun Method, it turns out, succeeded in pulling the wool over your eyes for many years.

--> In my opinion, the Rashmun Method is an adequat tool to counter and negate the Charvaka Spin.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:at the very least, it does serve to embarass you.
I am happy for you if you think so.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

charvaka wrote:Yeah, I am eagerly awaiting a whole bunch of blasts from the past where I agreed with something he said. Per the Rashmun Method, this eager awaitage indicates that I hero worship him.

also, if you agreed with him once, you gotta keep agreeing. Sorta like a 100 year rule among desis.... if you hold woman's hand once, you never let go of it.

So think twice before you decide to agree with someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:at the very least, it does serve to embarass you.
I am happy for you if you think so.

--> i am not sure why you would want to attack the 'Rashmun Method' given that you have agreed with many of my posts for several years. We disagree on the question of regionalism and regional chauvinism, but we have also agreed on many issues in the past. Going to the extreme of attacking and ridiculing everything i believe in by coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' was poor judgement on your part considering our history of agreements on so many different issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:i am not sure why you would want to attack the 'Rashmun Method'
Because you were using stupid logic like "if X wasn't true, Diggy wouldn't say X; hence Diggy is right."

Rashmun wrote:Going to the extreme of attacking and ridiculing everything i believe in by coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' was poor judgement on your part considering our history of agreements on so many different issues.
I don't attack or ridicule everything you believe. I only attack your stupid arguments. If you say something sensible today, I will agree with you.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:So think twice before you decide to agree with someone.
Too late for me now. Let's just hope it's a 100 year deal, not a saat-janam kind of deal.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i am not sure why you would want to attack the 'Rashmun Method'
Because you were using stupid logic like "if X wasn't true, Diggy wouldn't say X; hence Diggy is right."

Rashmun wrote:Going to the extreme of attacking and ridiculing everything i believe in by coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' was poor judgement on your part considering our history of agreements on so many different issues.
I don't attack or ridicule everything you believe. I only attack your stupid arguments. If you say something sensible today, I will agree with you.

--> Sorry, your coinage of the phrase 'Rashmun Method' was a general attack on me, or rather in my ideas and beliefs and views. The coinage of this term was poor judgement on your part considering that we have in fact been in agreement on many if not most issues.

--> i have no objection if you seek to detect fallacies in some specific argument of mine. but coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' implied that there are fallacies in all my arguments and views and ideas. That is why i will again and again give links to all your posts where you have heartily applauded and approved of my posts in which i was of course using the 'Rashmun Method' which is the method i use in composing all my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:i have no objection if you seek to detect fallacies in some specific argument of mine.
If those fallacies follow a pattern and are detectable in multiple arguments, then the method used needs a convenient reference. When I coined the term I pointed out four or five such examples.

Rashmun wrote:but coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' implied that there are fallacies in all my arguments and views and ideas.
It doesn't.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:54 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i have no objection if you seek to detect fallacies in some specific argument of mine.
If those fallacies follow a pattern and are detectable in multiple arguments, then the method used needs a convenient reference. When I coined the term I pointed out four or five such examples.

Rashmun wrote:but coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method' implied that there are fallacies in all my arguments and views and ideas.
It doesn't.

--> the problem is that for every four or five examples you point out in which you feel there is some fallacy in the argument i am making, i can point out more posts in which you have approved or applauded my posts. Is it your contention that i use the Rashmun Method for some of my posts and the Charvaka Method for other posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Rashmun wrote:Is it your contention that i use the Rashmun Method for some of my posts
Yes, you use illogic and willful blindness on some matters. Rashmun Method is the name for your logic on those topics.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Is it your contention that i use the Rashmun Method for some of my posts
Yes, you use illogic and willful blindness on some matters. Rashmun Method is the name for your logic on those topics.

--> and what about those posts of mine which you have approved and applauded? Do i use the Charvaka Method in those posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> and what about those posts of mine which you have approved and applauded? Do i use the Charvaka Method in those posts?
If you want to call the use of normal logic the Charvaka Method, please be my guest. I don't see the need for the honor, though, because it is not something unique to me.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

If you want to call the use of normal logic the Charvaka Method, please be my guest. I don't see the need for the honor, though, because it is not something unique to me.

--> in other words, whenever you agree with me i am using the Charvaka Method, and whenever you disagree with me i am using the Rashmun Method. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> in other words, whenever you agree with me i am using the Charvaka Method, and whenever you disagree with me i am using the Rashmun Method. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
This conclusion is another classic use of the Rashmun Method!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:Yes, you use illogic and willful blindness on some matters. Rashmun Method is the name for your logic on those topics.

--> It is now appearing that when i am using the Rashmun Method and when i use the Charvaka Method depends entirely on your whim and mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

--> It is now appearing that when i am using the Rashmun Method and when i use the Charvaka Method depends entirely on your whim and mood.
Like I said before, your vision is top-notch as usual. You use stupid logic like "people who call Diggy a clown will be proven wrong when he becomes a Union Minister." And get bent all out of shape if I call you out on your repeated use of illogic.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:If you want to call the use of normal logic the Charvaka Method, please be my guest. I don't see the need for the honor, though, because it is not something unique to me.

Like I said before, your vision is top-notch as usual. You use stupid logic like "people who call Diggy a clown will be proven wrong when he becomes a Union Minister." And get bent all out of shape if I call you out on your repeated use of illogic.

--> i have already responded to your stupid logic in the other thread. and please don't keep harping on vision lest people think you believe only in perception and not in inference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down