Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear

2 posters

Go down

Dear Empty Dear

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Yep. That's in. Dear. Apparently when sms'ing or fb'ing. In India that is. First a certain, ahem, gentleman used that term for me repeatedly and I would get thoroughly uncomfortable initially. Got used to that. Thought maybe he loves me or something.

But I wished my ex boyfriend on his birthday and he also replied, 'thank you dear'. Well that's not all. Too many sandy related messages from girlfriends too. 'take care dear, are you ok dear, stay safe dear'.

So ya, dear is in. Will watch this trend a bit more. Before long I'll get all dear'ed up in my texting vocab too.

Back to top Go down

Dear Empty Re: Dear

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Yep. That's in. Dear. Apparently when sms'ing or fb'ing. In India that is. First a certain, ahem, gentleman used that term for me repeatedly and I would get thoroughly uncomfortable initially. Got used to that. Thought maybe he loves me or something.

But I wished my ex boyfriend on his birthday and he also replied, 'thank you dear'. Well that's not all. Too many sandy related messages from girlfriends too. 'take care dear, are you ok dear, stay safe dear'.

So ya, dear is in. Will watch this trend a bit more. Before long I'll get all dear'ed up in my texting vocab too.

So nice of you to let us know, Dear.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

LOLOLOL i think of Martha - from Dennise the menace when i hear the word Dear.

it's something 80 yr olds say to each other. but tracy is right. people in india use it too much and it feels weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:So ya, dear is in.
no doubt, only northindians use "dear" loosely because "(my) dear" = "habibi" in arabic, and the latter is used commonly in muslim, arab, and moghal cultures.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down