Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ap polling % could set a record

+3
indophile
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
7 posters

Go down

ap polling % could set a record Empty ap polling % could set a record

Post by truthbetold Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 am

52% polling was reported by 1 pm in ap. The state cec predicted a 85 to 90% polling by the end of the day.
at a min it will 70%. Most likely it may end up between 75 to 80% for statewide number and.much above 80% in many districts.

75% voting in a big state like ap indicates ap voter is much more involved or there is a huge vote stuffing exercise.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

ap polling % could set a record Empty Re: ap polling % could set a record

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 am

truthbetold wrote:52% polling was reported by 1 pm in ap. The state cec predicted a 85 to 90% polling by the end of the day.
at a min it will 70%. Most likely it may end up between 75 to 80% for statewide number and.much above 80% in many districts.

75% voting in a big state like ap indicates ap voter is much more involved or there is a huge vote stuffing exercise.

What do you mean? everyone from officials to voter to security is involved in fraud? I heard one of the reasons for low voter turn out in Hyd was many folks were not on the official voters list. Even Brahmanandam (actor) was sent back by the officials, as his name was not on the list.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 am

Who benefits from high polling - Naidu or Jagan? I gather Congress is a goner in SA whether the polling is high or low or medium. Also, with President's Rule, and an EC with a short fuse, how can ballot boxes be stuffed (I thought it's all electronic now anyway)? I saw some reports that the sitting Guntur MP (who defected from Congress) was injured, Jagan distributed jaali notes (wonder if he got them shipped on the Samjhuta Express), Vizag has become a must win for everyone in the fray, etc., etc. Can you or someone else throw some light on these reports?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 am

A high voter turnout (indicates that the middle class is taking the election seriously) should help TDP.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:45 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:A high voter turnout (indicates that the middle class is taking the election seriously) should help TDP.
The enthusiasm could be for Jagan too. Can't say.

From the interview with Prannoy, both Jagan and CBN are going to support BJP at the center. There's no question of aligning with the Congress, Jagan said categorically. It's a win-win for BJP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 am

Kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:A high voter turnout (indicates that the middle class is taking the election seriously) should help TDP.

From the interview with Prannoy, both Jagan and CBN are going to support BJP at the center. There's no question of aligning with the Congress, Jagan said categorically. It's a win-win for BJP.
But, Jagan will give contracts to his cronies and loot the state. Considering that in the next 5 years there will be several high profile infrastructure projects and institutes, there is a lot of money to loot. If neither TDP not YSRC gets a clear majority and Lok Satta & AAP get a handful of seats, then TDP can form the govt with LS+AAP's support. This will bring in some accountability. But, I don't see it happening.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

But, Jagan will give contracts to his cronies and loot the state. Considering that in the next 5 years there will be several high profile infrastructure projects and institutes, there is a lot of money to loot. If neither TDP not YSRC gets a clear majority and Lok Satta & AAP get a handful of seats, then TDP can form the govt with LS+AAP's support. This will bring in some accountability. But, I don't see it happening.
Yes, CBN will be a better candidate to lead the new AP than Jagan. But looks like it's going to be a hung assembly. No one is going to get a full majority to form the govt. I don't see lok satta and aap winning many seats either. Things don't look too rosy for seemandhra.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 am

Initial estimate of final tally is 77%. banwarlal, cec , is predicting 80% as final tally. that is phenomenal voting %.

high % is necessary for tdp win but high % itself is not a certain indicator for tdp win.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 am

Ysrc and tdp together will get 160 seats. Chances of hung are minimized since congress and jsp were totally marginalized. it is either development or daylight robbery.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 am

truthbetold wrote:Ysrc and tdp together will get 160 seats. Chances of hung are minimized since congress and jsp were totally marginalized. it is either development or daylight robbery.
maa chinnapudu maa oori centerlo oo pichhodu astamAnamu Edo goNugutu vundevAdu; ee madhya Pawan Kalyan manche ekki ardham-pardham lekunda orlutunnatlugA.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed May 07, 2014 11:10 am

truthbetold wrote:Ysrc and tdp together will get 160 seats. Chances of hung are minimized since congress and jsp were totally marginalized. it is either development or daylight robbery.

To be fair, based on the money that was spent by both sides, robbery is a given. With TDP, it'll be a night time and clandestine one and with YSRCP it will be an all out daylight one. Development itself will be tricky as the SA state is going to start with huge deficit and it is going to stay that way for a good decade or more. This means who ever gets to work with the Center and extract huge funding guarantees are the ones that will have some success on this front.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Smartha
it will be 25 years.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 07, 2014 12:42 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
maa chinnapudu maa oori centerlo oo pichhodu astamAnamu Edo goNugutu vundevAdu; ee madhya Pawan Kalyan manche ekki ardham-pardham lekunda orlutunnatlugA.

Does "orlutunnatluga" mean "vedajallutunnatluga" or haphazard gaa (paddhatee-paadu lekundaa) visirestunnattuga? 

Is the word in usage in Telangana or Rayalaseema?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed May 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Can I see here a repeat of statements made by AK ? Only a fool will believe Jagan's words on this issue. But looks like there are many such folks in AP.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Ysrc and Smarthatdp together will get 160 seats. Chances of hung are minimized since congress and jsp were totally marginalized. it is either development or daylight robbery.
Smartha
I posted that last sentence to get cd going.

indo:

orlalutundatam - most generous meaning is matladatam .
commonly it is taken as someone uttering out of context or meaningless things.
commonly heard in telangana.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 07, 2014 1:26 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Ysrc and Smarthatdp together will get 160 seats. Chances of hung are minimized since congress and jsp were totally marginalized. it is either development or daylight robbery.
Smartha

indo:

This is the first time I came across that word. I've learned many new words watching TV shows and movies -- "pareshaan" cheyyaku, "kahaneelu" cheppaku, "pori-pori ki lolli," etc. But never came across "orlu." 
Okay, I will throw one at the folks here. I heard it from the wife of a cousin who is of Tanjavur Telugu extraction. The word is "muchikumbhata." What is its meaning?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 07, 2014 2:14 pm

indophile wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Smartha

indo:

This is the first time I came across that word. I've learned many new words watching TV shows and movies -- "pareshaan" cheyyaku, "kahaneelu" cheppaku, "pori-pori ki lolli," etc. But never came across "orlu." 
Okay, I will throw one at the folks here. I heard it from the wife of a cousin who is of Tanjavur Telugu extraction. The word is "muchikumbhata." What is its meaning?
Thanks to MT and the bifurcation, coastal guys are being deprived of the 'richness' of Telangana bhaasha.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

truthbetold wrote:52% polling was reported by 1 pm in ap. The state cec predicted a 85 to 90% polling by the end of the day.

Looks like Jagan is investing his loot wisely.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Looks like Jagan is investing his loot wisely.
Some reports say that lot of jaali notes are in play in this election. Not just AP; it's everywhere.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed May 07, 2014 9:41 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Can I see here a repeat of statements made by AK ? Only a fool will believe Jagan's words on this issue. But looks like there are many such folks in AP.
Proof about Jagan, allegedly the Chameleon, changing his tune is here. Until elections will not support Congress. But on the even of elections, and after  all options open. Is there any doubt that Jagan was a allegedly a ploy by Congress (conveniently let off from Jail with access to crores) to get SA seats for UPA.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 07, 2014 10:49 pm

rawemotions wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Proof about Jagan, allegedly the Chameleon, changing his tune is here. Until elections will not support Congress. But on the even of elections, and after  all options open. Is there any doubt that Jagan was a allegedly a ploy by Congress (conveniently let off from Jail with access to crores) to get SA seats for UPA.
According to NDTV, Jagan is paying 1000 rupees per vote. They showed how it is done in Kadapa district.

Scary.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down