Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada

+6
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
10 posters

Go down

Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada Empty Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 17, 2014 11:36 pm

"Sources said that Mr Naidu’s decision was based on the Telugu Desam’s strongholds in and around the area like Krishna, Guntur, West and East Godavari districts."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140518/nation-politics/article/chandrababu-naidu-eyes-seemandhra-capital-near-vijayawada

*cough* *cough*

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada Empty Re: Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 17, 2014 11:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"Sources said that Mr Naidu’s decision was based on the Telugu Desam’s strongholds in and around the area like Krishna, Guntur, West and East Godavari districts."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140518/nation-politics/article/chandrababu-naidu-eyes-seemandhra-capital-near-vijayawada

*cough* *cough*

where else would they have the capital, you want them in nephew's backyard kurnool?

wonder who the "sources" of deccan chronicle in TDP camp would be...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada Empty Re: Chandrababu Naidu eyes Seemandhra capital near Vijayawada

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun May 18, 2014 8:15 am

Not surprising, considering that Guntur/Krishna area is central to coastal AP and close to R-seema. If they connect Narasaraopet area to Kurnool with a proper road, Guntur becomes pretty close to Seema. I think, some NRI guy recently showed how to connect Guntur to Seema with rail and road and dramatically decrease travel time.

CBN was also thinking about a bullet train service along the coast so that it takes less than 3 hrs from anywhere in the state to reach the capital.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Sun May 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Any place other than that Donekonda, please.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 12:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"Sources said that Mr Naidu’s decision was based on the Telugu Desam’s strongholds in and around the area like Krishna, Guntur, West and East Godavari districts."

*cough* *cough*

Wouldn't it make sense for him to build the new capital in a new area so that he can expand his clout and influence? Why build it in an area where is already strong?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

*cough* *cough*

Wouldn't it make sense for him to build the new capital in a new area so that he can expand his clout and influence? Why build it in an area where is already strong?
shhh... Babu garu knows it all, Babu garu has vast experience of building capital cities, Babu garu is sarvantaryami.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 pm

*cough* *cough*
Hasn't the real estate in that area already sky rocketed? Is there any scope for expansion around? Ongole would've been a better choice. Seema ppl won't be too happy with Vijayawada as capital.
anyway, i hope they don't put all the eggs in one basket like they did for hyd. Hope other cities will also develop. High court shouldn't be in the capital city this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

*cough* *cough*

shhh... Babu garu knows it all, Babu garu has vast experience of building capital cities, Babu garu is sarvantaryami.
Still bitter Cd.  Don't develop ulcers with all that angst.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

*cough* *cough*

Eh! right I was the one shouting my lungs out that capital city should be build from scratch and flipped.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 18, 2014 9:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

*cough* *cough*

Eh! right I was the one shouting my lungs out that capital city should be build from scratch and flipped.

Oh my poor Comrade! Everyone is persecuting you and accusing you of things you did not do.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Oh my poor Comrade! Everyone is persecuting you and  accusing you of things you did not do.
TBT is turning paranoid with his bitter mantra, I was wonly showering praises to the great Babu garu, and you should get out of this chamchagiri business for your own good  Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Oh my poor Comrade! Everyone is persecuting you and  accusing you of things you did not do.
TBT is turning paranoid with his bitter mantra, I was wonly showering praises to the great Babu garu, and you should get out of this chamchagiri business for your own good  Razz
Not sure what garu/giri business you have in mind Comrade. But I'm only trying to be sympathetic to your plight.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 19, 2014 3:22 am

Lashing out is good, Cd. Letting all the impotent anger out will help you calm down. We can then talk about cricket.

I like your simpler approach compared to Max 's confused approach.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 am

Vijayawada is a commercial place and is extremely hot. Also, every inch around there costs a bundle. They should pick a relatively undeveloped area, with lots of scope for expansion, relatively pleasant climate-wise, plenty of water, with rolling ground/hills, somewhere close to the geographic center, and where even the street language Telugu is sweet, majestic, and musical.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 19, 2014 9:10 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

Not sure what garu/giri business you have in mind Comrade. But I'm only trying to be sympathetic to your plight.

sympathy is good. comrade's world is suddenly dark with clouds in all directions. all he can do now is to criticize modi and CBN nonsensically and post fake videos produced by his paranoid kebab friends. it's a coping mechanism, just watch rashmun go through that process. soon he'll heal and focus on nov '14 and '16.

PS: the one that hurt the most must be vijayamma losing badly. if comrade had a dog, my guess is he surely would have kicked it on the day he learnt about aunty's loss

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 19, 2014 9:21 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

sympathy is good. comrade's world is suddenly dark with clouds in all directions. all he can do now is to criticize modi and CBN nonsensically and post fake videos produced by his paranoid kebab friends. it's a coping mechanism, just watch rashmun go through that process. soon he'll heal and focus on nov '14 and '16.

PS: the one that hurt the most must be vijayamma losing badly. if comrade had a dog, my guess is he surely would have kicked it on the day he learnt about aunty's loss
Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I feel so relieved now.
If you didn't get, my sarcasm was targeted at those intellectual SuCHers (not CBN) that were opining that capital should be build at a new location all along and now turned around & agreeing with this article.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:06 pm

"The establishment of a new capital for the successor state of Andhra Pradesh is likely in the Vijayawada- Guntur-Tenali-Mangalagiri (VGTM) urban region.

Though the chief minister-designate N. Chandrababu Naidu has kept his choice of location of capital city a secret so far, those close to him have thrown enough hints of VGTM being a favourite. Industrial bigwigs too are pitching for the region.

Officials have already identified over 5,000 acres of government land near Mangalagiri for building the State secretariat. Mangalagiri is close to Vijayawada and Guntur railway junctions and has National Highways 5 and 9 passing through it. In addition to abundant availability of water, the region is well connected via air through Gannavaram airport near Vijayawada."

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/naidu-to-take-oath-at-mangalagiri/article6072616.ece?homepage=true

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:31 pm

indophile wrote:Vijayawada is a commercial place and is extremely hot. Also, every inch around there costs a bundle. They should pick a relatively undeveloped area, with lots of scope for expansion, relatively pleasant climate-wise, plenty of water, with rolling ground/hills, somewhere close to the geographic center, and where even the street language Telugu is sweet, majestic, and musical.

Jolarpet ???

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Bad bad idea to make an existing major city into a capital. It will become too congested, drive up real estate price out of residents range. Essentially the Govt, and its well paid employees will skyrocket real estate prices.

Best is to use the opportunity to build YET ANOTHER big city for residual AP. Easier to get funding from center, clearly showcase development and even out population. It will have to be either near Godavari or Krishna to tackle water issues. In fact building a new "hyderabad" on the banks of Godavari will be a huge plus as there is no major city in that region.

But when have Andhrans ever listened to a brilliant Tamilan?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Bad bad idea to make an existing major city into a capital. It will become too congested, drive up real estate price out of residents range.  Essentially the Govt, and its well paid employees will skyrocket real estate prices.

Best is to use the opportunity to build YET ANOTHER big city for residual AP. Easier to get funding from center, clearly showcase development and even out population. It will have to be either near Godavari or Krishna to tackle water issues. In fact building a new "hyderabad" on the banks of Godavari will be a huge plus as there is no major city in that region.

They listened to Chidambaram. But is he brilliant?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Bad bad idea to make an existing major city into a capital. It will become too congested, drive up real estate price out of residents range.  Essentially the Govt, and its well paid employees will skyrocket real estate prices.

Since he went to Harvard on a legacy/rich man's quota he is not.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 am

indophile wrote:Vijayawada is a commercial place and is extremely hot. Also, every inch around there costs a bundle. They should pick a relatively undeveloped area, with lots of scope for expansion, relatively pleasant climate-wise, plenty of water, with rolling ground/hills, somewhere close to the geographic center, and where even the street language Telugu is sweet, majestic, and musical.

Jolarpet ???
Are you saying jolarpet should be made andhra capital or jolarpet is vijawada of TN?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 am

Hellsangel wrote:

Since he went to Harvard on a legacy/rich man's quota he is not.
A lot of telugus believe that  Chidambaram split AP so his native state will have less competition

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am

Greater Hyderabad is spread about 650+ sq km. If they want a single all-in-one capital large enough to compete as well as spacious enough for clean and green layouts and designs, they'll need about 1000 sq km (about 250000 acres). That is the range of expansion that needs to be planned for. And this should come with relatively no loss to the fertile (agricultural) lands or green forest coverage. Donakonda region (bounded by Vinukonda-Podili-Cumbum-Kesinenipalle) can be ideal to plan, design and build everything from ground up model. This way a truly next generation metropolis can be built and fully established by 2040.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 am

smArtha wrote:

Greater Hyderabad is spread about 650+ sq km. If they want a single all-in-one capital large enough to compete as well as spacious enough for clean and green layouts and designs, they'll need about 1000 sq km (about 250000 acres). That is the range of expansion that needs to be planned for. And this should come with relatively no loss to the fertile (agricultural) lands or green forest coverage. Donakonda region (bounded by Vinukonda-Podili-Cumbum-Kesinenipalle) can be ideal to plan, design and build everything from ground up model. This way a truly next generation metropolis can be built and fully established by 2040.
Yes. The land is relatively cheap and the place is similar to Hyderabad area (రాళ్ళు రాపాషణాలు....). It is also close to Seema through the Dornala-Sri Sailam road. The hills are nearby. Water???? may come from Nagarjuna Sagar???? The place is, however, quite hot in summer and needs to be connected to major highways.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 am

Build toilets, not cities.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am

swapna wrote:Build toilets, not cities.

>>>Touche!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:01 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Yes. The land is relatively cheap and the place is similar to Hyderabad area (రాళ్ళు రాపాషణాలు....). It is also close to Seema through the Dornala-Sri Sailam road. The hills are nearby. Water???? may come from Nagarjuna Sagar???? The place is, however, quite hot in summer and needs to be connected to major highways.
రాళ్ళు రాపాషణాలు may have a big role in building a modern city. All those skyscrapers in New York could not have built without the solid bedrock under the Manhattan island.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Looks like going rate for an acre near new capital is 12 crores already

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Looks like going rate for an acre near new capital is 12 crores already

These realtors will kill the capital at get go. Where is the investment opportunity if the 20 year ahead best case outcome is already factored into the current price?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down