Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Test - Cricket

+3
doofus_maximus
Another Brick
The Absolute Zero
7 posters

Go down

Third Test - Cricket Empty Third Test - Cricket

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 am

India suffered a huge blow ahead of third Test against England with Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh being ruled out of the series. Virat Kohli and Pragyan Ojha have been called upon as replacements for the respective duo.

Is not this a great advantage for India? The Lafbhajan is OUT! Hooray!! Ojha and Kohli are called up. Better than Lafbhajan and EgoSingh.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Third Test - Cricket Empty Re: Third Test - Cricket

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 am

i am certain harbhajanitor singh has been advised to fake an injury.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:53 am

I agree that he was told to fake an injury.
We r better off with Ojha. Only thing is we have to listen to SG say his name as OZA.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeStyle Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 am

Lets hope we get a +ve result at the end of the test. Smile
FreeStyle
FreeStyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Can Dhoni also please fake an injury.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:15 am

doofus_maximus wrote:I agree that he was told to fake an injury.
We r better off with Ojha. Only thing is we have to listen to SG say his name as OZA.

hehe. what's with ganguly? he wears glasses inside the studio and lacks energy while commenting. perhaps ravi tracer bullet shastri can lend some of his energies to him. that'll benefit both of them.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:30 pm

i meant to type SMG ..not Sourav.

Sourav has excoriated the indian players who take the excuse of playing too much cricket.

whenever India lost the first test of a series, they used to use the excuse not being prepared for tests. This time they don't even have that excuse apart from Gambhir and Sachin. Ohters played windies series.

You have to read what Shakib said about India recently after Bungles lost to zimbabwe state team.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Another Brick wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:I agree that he was told to fake an injury.

hehe. what's with ganguly? he wears glasses inside the studio and lacks energy while commenting. perhaps ravi tracer bullet shastri can lend some of his energies to him. that'll benefit both of them.

actually i rather like saurav's understated style. i can't stand shastri.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

I feel Ganguly is more thoughtful and is a better analyst than Shastri.
"it is all happening out there" shastri sounds cliched and never analyzes the game. What he spouts often are obvious to many cricket afficianados.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

you are absolutely right d_m. ganguly is a very shrewd observer of the game. shastri is just voluble without any substance.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:26 am

yes, SG's comments are genuine, but i was commenting on his style. i agree that shastri is full of cliches and vomits them match after match.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am

sehwag came, he saw, and got rapped on the pads and went.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:43 am

i don't see him making much difference to IND's side because he has not played much cricket before arriving in ENG. his form in the world cup as well as IPL was poor. hope zaheer khan gets some practice.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:47 am

AB, do you agree with this?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

he is spot on. greedy portly BCCI unkils are ruining indian cricket. it is for everyone to see that the players are burnt out after playing breathless cricket week after week. and only a few days (if they are lucky) are reserved for practice games.

if you opt out of a series, you will not get any practice before the next series and you will flop (like SRT, for example) and if you play all the games BCCI has scheduled then you will be burnt out (like dhoni, for example). either way, you are making sure that players don't perform. given that, bhogle is right in that IND has managed to do well to bounce back in all these series. i see no way out than players themselves rebelling against the board. no practice - no tour.

edit - however, this alone is not the reason why we lost. we lost the second game because of poor captaincy, inept batting by all except dravid and failures of harbhajanitor singh.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Schedule as cause of failure is a lame excuse.

Look at current team. Sachin, sehwag, Ghambhir, Zaheer, and Yuvraj did not play west Indies tour. Thay have all had 6 to 7 weeks after IPL to recuperate. All of them ended up physical problems and contributed close to nothing.

Raina and Harbhajan are the only one who played continuously in the past year. Ishant, Praveen, Munaf, amit misra, are happy they get a chance at the top level and are young enough to cope with continuous playing.

Dhoni is playing somewhat continuously and is now in a very stale mental state to lead and produce. He may be talking about himself when he refers to schedule.

Over the past several years BCCI is short changing Indian cricket team by making them play too much cricket and poor schedules. But that is a long term problem and BCCI will not change its money making greediness any time soon.

But current english tour failure is more due to lack of technique and disciplined attack by english bowlers.

Sehwag and Gambhir could not do any worse than current bunch but expecting them to pull India out of trouble is too much.

Given favorable conditions, Indian pacemen may give India another chance in the next two tests. Hopefully batsmen will learn to fight back a little. It is shameful that Matt Prior and stuart Broad could not be controlled in four innings.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down