Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fun prediction - first test (cricket)

5 posters

Go down

fun prediction - first test (cricket) Empty fun prediction - first test (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 am

1) AUS tail to wag and score 50-70 more runs with Hussey's help. Hussey to score a hundred.

2) IND to drop their shoulders while going back to the dressing room wondering if they can score even 200 while chasing, leave alone near-300.

3) Sehwag and Gambhir to walk to the pitch, purposefully, and walk back soon after, this time dutifully. Sehwag to get out on a ball outside off trying to dispatch it on to Neptune assuming it is WI bowling he is facing and it is Chepauk he is playing on.

4) RSD and SRT to make a big deal of even the seagulls flying around, stall the proceedings(!) and make even Hussey's bowling look like that of Hadlee.

5) One of them to deflect it to the slip cordon and another one to be wrapped on his pads with an incutter (mostly SRT). IND reads 34/4

6) Laxman to start with a boundary and raise the hopes. Then he will play some gorgeous strokes only to be given out later. IND to blame BCCI for not using UDRS.

7) Kohli to loiter around for his 20 before getting out somehow.

Cool DHoni to look all serious and concerned but to drag it onto his stumps. IND 87/7.

9) Tail to wag, hit some sixes, some fours and IND to fold for 144 gifting the first test to AUS.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

fun prediction - first test (cricket) Empty Re: fun prediction - first test (cricket)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 am

put your money where your satta is yaar. i want tomorrow's play to be exciting (in favour of india).

Back to top Go down

fun prediction - first test (cricket) Empty Re: fun prediction - first test (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:09 am

you watching? early morning test cricket? gasps!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 am

no, no, not early morning. today i saw the highlights. tomorrow i plan on watching the last couple of hours of play (if it's swinging india's way).

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:42 am

i am wondering if i should take the trouble to wake up early in the morning and sacrifice my sleep when the target is going to be very tough to achieve against AUS in AUS. their attack may not be as good as SA or ENG, but i don't expect them to give even an inch.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 am

I'm watching evvwwry morning until 8 and then again @ work during breaktime - you didn't mention how Gambhir gets out. Oh wait...he follows an outswinger and edges to the slip - as usual... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 am

gambhir, laxman, and ashwin together are going to win it for us.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

24/1.

AUS leads the series 1-0. well almost. near-300 is not possible here even if IND scores one century.

sehwag should have played more responsibly. of course, we will hear "that's his natural game, that's how he plays" and all that rot post match. one's natural game should be to not lose wicket, not slog at anything that moves on the field. keeping up with the theme, i declare that i am "deeply disappointed."

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Another Brick wrote:24/1.

AUS leads the series 1-0. well almost. near-300 is not possible here even if IND scores one century.

sehwag should have played more responsibly. of course, we will hear "that's his natural game, that's how he plays" and all that rot post match. one's natural game should be to not lose wicket, not slog at anything that moves on the field. keeping up with the theme, i declare that i am "deeply disappointed."

You can't be too disappointed knowing Sehwag's 2nd innings average isn't much better than Mahela's away average. Game is still on. Gambhir looks a bit comfortable this time around.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 pm

well done, IND. well done, gambhir, laxman, kohli. i will ask BCCI to arrange a tour of ireland so that you can score heaps of runs at Kotla, Chinnaswamy, Chepauk, Jamtha, Wankhede and feel worthy of yourselves.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 pm

I didn't bother following WI series/ODIs so its like watching back to back thrashing. Hope they display better performance at Sydney. Let's see if Gambhir can better Jaffer's performance in '08.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Well done indeed. Ponting and Hussey have revived their careers as expected, Oz team has recovered most of their self esteem after that loss to NZ, and the theme of the much coveted 100th ton will be continued for a while longer.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:30 am

changes for the new year test -

1) drop gambhir or kohli and bring sharma or rahane. gambhir is a lifetime member of All India Flat-Track Bully Confederation. sharma and rahane could also be members of it, but we don't know it yet.

2) let ashwin bat up the order, before dhoni.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 am

Another Brick wrote:well done, IND. well done, gambhir, laxman, kohli. i will ask BCCI to arrange a tour of ireland so that you can score heaps of runs at Kotla, Chinnaswamy, Chepauk, Jamtha, Wankhede and feel worthy of yourselves.

Are you kidding? I would not risk Ireland....Better to invite Zimbabwe followed by Beggardesh (better fix the tour as well).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Are you kidding? I would not risk Ireland....Better to invite Zimbabwe followed by Beggardesh (better fix the tour as well).

BAN tour of IND is indeed going to be the best remedy just like WI tour was.

this is so freaking disappointing. for a change, IND started their first game well. they bowled well and did all the things right until the end of the second day (except SRT losing his wicket). from 214/2 to 282 all out. that's where we lost the game. some spine by laxman, kohli and dhobi could have added 80-90 runs (a decent 30 each) and we could have had some lead over AUS and 4th innnings target could have been achievable.

aside, i think sehwag should shut his trap. he blabbers something (like BAN is an ordinary side or anything less than 300 is possible) and then gets slapped the next day. it is embarrassing.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 am

Funny that Sehwag should comment "Anything under 300 is MANAGEABLE"

I strongly recommend that DHONI declare India's second innings right now.,,,,and create history....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I didn't bother following WI series/ODIs so its like watching back to back thrashing. Hope they display better performance at Sydney. Let's see if Gambhir can better Jaffer's performance in '08.

they will be much better at SCG. we can hope to score 400+ and we can even hope ashwin to get many more top order wickets. we really need to have a solid opening for any hopes to put up a decent total.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
I strongly recommend that DHONI declare India's second innings right now.,,,,and create history....Razz

yes, that way he can take Sakshi to Melbourne Water Front to have some good time. kohli can also go there and think about what he is going to do in the next IPL.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down