Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district?

5 posters

Go down

So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district? Empty So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district?

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Chandrababu-Naidu-to-recreate-Hi-Tec-City-in-Andhra-Pradesh/articleshow/36366913.cms

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district? Empty Re: So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district?

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:42 pm

So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSGT3aGBDGn-GlqCCg2oIg_xwY_TcOXCG9BpqctOMsKPnCESgP

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district? Empty Re: So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district?

Post by truthbetold Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

http://bellaxthree.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jealousy.jpg

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:So, are code-coolies relocating to Krishna district? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSGT3aGBDGn-GlqCCg2oIg_xwY_TcOXCG9BpqctOMsKPnCESgP
>>>>Good one.

Later I will post stories about desis with Ph.D who openly made disparaging statements about H-1 B kids who make more money than these overeducated idiots.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Chandrababu-Naidu-to-recreate-Hi-Tec-City-in-Andhra-Pradesh/articleshow/36366913.cms
>>VP,

I am a code coolie myself. I am proud to be one. For all that matters, I like my job. It has helped me to provide food on the table for my family and support my siblings through school. It also helped me to help a kid (whom I never met) back home to finish her Engineering degree. Now she is a code coolie herself.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Chandrababu-Naidu-to-recreate-Hi-Tec-City-in-Andhra-Pradesh/articleshow/36366913.cms
Following Naidu's instructions, officials have identified nearly 2,000 acres of government land in Bapulapadu, 

So no escaping from those "padu" places, huh! 
Okay with political capital near Vijayawada-Guntur. But why the IT hub there, with all those flyovers and turnpikes on land that produces gold? Why not in a non-agri area like a Vizag or Tirupati (close to Bangalore and Chennai). Movie industry can go to Chilakaluripeta in Guntur Dt., or Peddapuram in TuGoJi (center of the state, culturally/socially highly in tune with present day movies and movie bigwigs) for all I care. If any industries are to be developed in the Krishna-Guntur-Godavari areas (prime agri land), they should be agri-based (e.g., food processing), and may be some petro-chemicals (with the gas/oil from oil/gas slightly offshore from the deltas). Fishing industry could also go to Vizag (big U.S companies like Union Carbide are already players there in shrimp).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 am

Sorry indo . movie industry will have a huge presence in viag. they have to use the beauty and talent in that area.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:07 am

Unfortunately movie industry does not particularly go for beauty and talent. Look at Telugu movies. How many beauties from AP get a chance to act in them. They import them from Bombay, Bangalore, and Delhi. When there are excellent singers and music makers right at home, they go for these Bombay and Chennai music directors and singers. All the villains are from Bombay. They all go to Kerala locations for cheap movies and foreign locations for wasteful nonsense. When facilities are right there in Hyderabad, most technical work on movies is done in Chennai and Bombay to save time and money. When there are people who can write excellent stories, they go after Malayalam stories. All this happens because there are only four family groups that control the Telugu movie industry - (1) the Chiranjeevi group; (2) Nagarjuna group; (3) NTR group; and (4) Ramanaidu group. They control the industry with actors from their famlies, movie theaters all over the state, and financial and other resources. Unless there is some disaggregation, the quality of the movies will not get better, and local talent will not get a chance to flourish. Thus, as of today, Telugu movies appear to have no place for either talent or for nice locations in AP. It doesn't have to be Vizag. They will run to Vizag only if they cannot conduct their business from Hyderabad, but not because Vizag is pretty or full of talented people.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:19 pm

indophile wrote:
Following Naidu's instructions, officials have identified nearly 2,000 acres of government land in Bapulapadu, 

So no escaping from those "padu" places, huh! 
Okay with political capital near Vijayawada-Guntur. But why the IT hub there, with all those flyovers and turnpikes on land that produces gold? Why not in a non-agri area like a Vizag or Tirupati (close to Bangalore and Chennai). Movie industry can go to Chilakaluripeta in Guntur Dt., or Peddapuram in TuGoJi (center of the state, culturally/socially highly in tune with present day movies and movie bigwigs) for all I care. If any industries are to be developed in the Krishna-Guntur-Godavari areas (prime agri land), they should be agri-based (e.g., food processing), and may be some petro-chemicals (with the gas/oil from oil/gas slightly offshore from the deltas). Fishing industry could also go to Vizag (big U.S companies like Union Carbide are already players there in shrimp).
I agree. Even a capital near Mangalagiri will cut into prime agricultural land (you can smell malle poolu and vira-jaajulu in Pedavadlapudi railway station or in Cinna Kaakaani bus stand - the area exports malle poolu).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Rishi wrote:
>>VP,

I am a code coolie myself. I am proud to be one. For all that matters, I like my job. It has helped me to provide food on the table for my family and support my siblings through school. It also helped me to help a kid (whom I never met) back home to finish her Engineering degree. Now she is a code coolie herself.
I didn't mean to put IT guys down. Since the majority of IT gults in Hyderabad are from AP, they may be happy to relocate to the coast if good jobs are offered.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Vp
without job opportunities not many can relocate. most of the new jobs are unlikely to be relations from Hyderabad. most new jobs are likely to be new investments that will happen over years.
many it jobs may go to viag than vja-guntur.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down