Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i have the worst luck

Go down

i have the worst luck  Empty i have the worst luck

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:04 pm

... with cars.  Crying or Very sad I mean, really. If there was such a thing as karma and it is biting my ass now, then I must have mistreated some car in my previous birth or some such thing. no, seriously.

of course, almost the same story with cops and speeding ticket. But I cannot connect that with karma. I need to think up some other excuse.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

i have the worst luck  Empty Re: i have the worst luck

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:34 pm

The standard Safe Practices for Motor Vehicle Operations, ANSI/ASSE Z15.1, defines defensive driving as "driving to save lives, time, and money, in spite of the conditions around you and the actions of others."[1] This definition is taken from the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving Course. It is a form of training for motor vehicle drivers that goes beyond mastery of the rules of the road and the basic mechanics of driving. Its aim is to reduce the risk of collision by anticipating dangerous situations, despite adverse conditions or the mistakes of others. This can be achieved through adherence to a variety of general rules, as well as the practice of specific driving techniques....

In addition to improving one's own driving skills, many U.S. states provide an incentive to complete an approved defensive driving course by offering mandated insurance discounts or a way to mask a traffic ticket from one's driving record. In some instances these courses are referred to as traffic school or a defensive driving school. States with the biggest incentives include Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, and Texas. A number of private providers offer a variety of courses. The methods and styles of the courses vary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_driving

Back to top Go down