Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ketchup

+3
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Impedimenta
7 posters

Go down

Ketchup Empty Ketchup

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:30 am

...LOL, I am eating my "spinach wrap with grilled vegetables" dunking kutti parts of it in ketchup[disgusting to some, I am sure] but I am like that only, consistent with my "Indian ness".

Someone at work [ABD] remarked that the national food of India should be ketchup, not dosai, not paratha but ketchup. Not sure why I found that to be mildly offensive but it was.

why do we like ketchup so much?

anyway, since my thread rating here is abysmal, I am trying to present my "vat's for lunch" quest differently.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Ketchup Empty Re: Ketchup

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:35 am

Impedimenta wrote:...LOL, I am eating my "spinach wrap with grilled vegetables" dunking kutti parts of it in ketchup[disgusting to some, I am sure] but I am like that only, consistent with my "Indian ness".

Someone at work [ABD] remarked that the national food of India should be ketchup, not dosai, not paratha but ketchup. Not sure why I found that to be mildly offensive but it was.

why do we like ketchup so much?

anyway, since my thread rating here is abysmal, I am trying to present my "vat's for lunch" quest differently.

You are losing your Southindianess. Too americanized perhaps? You should put vadu Maangai, Maravalli Kizhangu/Mango/Lemon oorugai and raise the banner of Southindianess.

Ketchup....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 am

upps, lemon oorugai with a spinach wrap? aiyoo! well, Maggie tomato Ketchup is awesome :-)
btw, I don't think I've had Maravalli Kizhangu oorugai. Lemme google.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 am

i don't like the taste of catsup. when it comes to putting liquid condiments on things like fries, i prefer tabasco or cholula sauce.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't like the taste of catsup. when it comes to putting liquid condiments on things like fries, i prefer tabasco or cholula sauce.

reminds me of this. pic is now deleted.

https://such.forumotion.com/t18780-rip-upma#134635

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't like the taste of catsup. when it comes to putting liquid condiments on things like fries, i prefer tabasco or cholula sauce.

She is using Maggie - which is better than the traditional Catsup...

I demand that Maggie be renamed "Maragatham" which is both a tambrahmi and Tamilian name.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if all Indians like ketchup enough for it to be our national food. I like tomato ketchup more than the Indian tomchi version. 

@ max
You are such a different type of person. You don't like most things most ppl like. Like type of music n ketchup with fries. Just very different type of person, with very clear (b&w) type of choices.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:59 pm

ugh@ketchup. it breaks my heart when i see people dipping things like masala vadais into ketchup.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:58 pm

I used to like ketchup. I would eat like half a bottle of it at restaurants back when I lived in India. Now I don't like it any more.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

i add a bit of tomato ketchup in kadhai paneer for  an element of sweetness and it tastes good. it works very well with all the spices.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:12 am

seven wrote:i add a bit of tomato ketchup in kadhai paneer for  an element of sweetness and it tastes good. it works very well with all the spices.

>>>I like kadai paneer/vegetables/chicken and I like ketchup, but don't think I 'd like them combined. Ketchup only with fries, which I barely eat anymore.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 am

Kris wrote:
seven wrote:i add a bit of tomato ketchup in kadhai paneer for  an element of sweetness and it tastes good. it works very well with all the spices.

>>>I like kadai paneer/vegetables/chicken and I like ketchup, but don't think I 'd like them combined. Ketchup only with fries, which I barely eat anymore.

I sometimes, very sometimes, add it in maggi, especially if it's full of veggies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down