Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi

3 posters

Go down

The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi Empty The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 am

in my interaction with Indians of all hues in different parts of the world, i have found a peculiar cliquishness based on ethnicity in many Indians-- Bengalis, Gujaratis, Punjabis, Telugus, Tamils, etc. This does not mean that all these people are cliquish, but it does mean that a fair number of them are so.
i have, however, found a complete absence of regionalism/cliquishness in Uttar Pradeshis.
To illustrate what i mean, consider the fact that Pandit Nehru was chosen as their political representative by Uttar Pradeshis even though he was a kashmiri. Can you imagine a kashmiri being chosen as their representative by punjabis, tamils, gujaratis, bengalis, telugus, etc.? i think not.
in my opinion, all Indians need to be more cosmopolitan and eschew cliquishness/regionalism and for this they only have to emulate the cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshis who have shown  the way in this respect.

Back to top Go down

The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi Empty Re: The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi

Post by b_A Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am

The Karnataka and AP people are even more cosmopolitan. To illustrate what i mean , consider the fact that Indira Gandhi was chosen as their political representative by Karnataka ( Chikmagalur) and AP (medak) even though she was a kashmiri and this a better example of cosmopolitan nature because she didn't even speak a word of their language unlike Pt. Nehru who spoke allahabadi hindi.
in my opinion , all UP'tes need to be more cosmopolitan and give up their language chauvinism and eschew language cliquishness/regionalism and emulate the cosmopolitan Kannada and Telugu people who have shown the way in this respect.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am

b_A wrote:The Karnataka and AP people are even more cosmopolitan. To illustrate what i mean , consider the fact that Indira Gandhi was chosen as their political representative by Karnataka ( Chikmagalur) and AP (medak) even though she was a kashmiri and this a better example of cosmopolitan nature because she didn't even speak a word of their language unlike Pt. Nehru who spoke allahabadi hindi.
in my opinion , all UP'tes need to be more cosmopolitan and give up their language chauvinism and eschew language cliquishness/regionalism and emulate the cosmopolitan Kannada and Telugu people who have shown the way in this respect.

there are parts of karnataka and AP where everyone knows hindustani (spoken hindi). Moreover, UP has also had people contesting Lok Sabha elections who have been 'outsiders'. For instance, Hema Malini (a tamil) won from Mathura this time. Earlier Jaya Prada and Azharuddin (telugus) had also become Lok Sabha MPs from UP.
the difference is this: Nehru was the TOPMOST leader of UP who was selected as their representative by the Uttar Pradeshis. He was not just any Lok Sabha MP. He was the numero uno leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:The Karnataka and AP people are even more cosmopolitan. To illustrate what i mean , consider the fact that Indira Gandhi was chosen as their political representative by Karnataka ( Chikmagalur) and AP (medak) even though she was a kashmiri and this a better example of cosmopolitan nature because she didn't even speak a word of their language unlike Pt. Nehru who spoke allahabadi hindi.

there are parts of karnataka and AP where everyone knows hindustani (spoken hindi).
There you go again.

Rashmun wrote: Moreover, UP has also had people contesting Lok Sabha elections who have been 'outsiders'. For instance, Hema Malini (a tamil) won from Mathura this time. Earlier Jaya Prada and Azharuddin (telugus) had also become Lok Sabha MPs from UP.
the difference is this: Nehru was the TOPMOST leader of UP who was selected as their representative by the Uttar Pradeshis. He was not just any Lok Sabha MP. He was the numero uno leader.
All the examples that you gave, spoke fluent UP language. Did Indira gandhi even speak a word of Kannada or Telugu? And wasn't she numero uno leader of India at that time ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

there are parts of karnataka and AP where everyone knows hindustani (spoken hindi).
There you go again.

Rashmun wrote: Moreover, UP has also had people contesting Lok Sabha elections who have been 'outsiders'. For instance, Hema Malini (a tamil) won from Mathura this time. Earlier Jaya Prada and Azharuddin (telugus) had also become Lok Sabha MPs from UP.
The examples that you gave all spoke fluent UP language. Did Indira gandhi even speak a word of Kannada or Telugu? And wasn't she numero uno leader of India at that time ?

she was not the numero uno leader of India at the time. She was not in power. In fact she had been rejected by north india and so had to go to south india in search of a safe constituency. she was able to connect with the people in the constituency from which she fought elections because they people were able to understand hindi. many if not most kannadigas and telugus know or at least understand hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

There you go again.

The examples that you gave all spoke fluent UP language. Did Indira gandhi even speak a word of Kannada or Telugu? And wasn't she numero uno leader of India at that time ?

she was not the numero uno leader of India at the time. She was not in power. In fact she had been rejected by north india and so had to go to south india in search of a safe constituency. she was able to connect with the people in the constituency from which she fought elections because they people were able to understand hindi. many if not most kannadigas and telugus know or at least understand hindi.
But still she didn't speak a word of their language. Aren't they magnanimous for electing a leader who didn't even understand their language? Aren't they more cosmopolitan than the uni-language UP'ites ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

There you go again.

But still she didn't speak a word of their language. Aren't they magnanimous for electing a leader who didn't even understand their language? Aren't they more cosmopolitan than the uni-language UP'ites ?

What I am saying is that many if not most Kannadigas ( and to a lesser extent telugus) are multilingual. This means that Hindustani is also one of their languages.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

There you go again.

What I am saying is that many if not most Kannadigas ( and to a lesser extent telugus) are multilingual. This means that Hindustani is also one of their languages.
Well ! Obviously, no meaningful conversation can be carried with someone who believes that.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:29 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
There you go again.

Well ! Obviously, no meaningful conversation can be carried with someone who believes that.

i am only going by factual truth.

----

BANGALORE ~ For the just-concluded Assembly elections in Karnataka, the state saw a steady inflow of ‘outsiders’ in the form of central ministers, chief ministers, former ministers, former chief ministers, regional satraps, opposition leaders and so on. But how did these politicians campaign in a southern state without knowing the local language? They just spoke in whatever language they were comfortable in—Hindi, Telugu, Marathi and English—and curiously it made little difference.
People in Karnataka are generally multilingual. In any case, as all they talk is politics, usually abusing other parties, their outbursts and pleas are easy to follow,’’ says Sridhar Achar, an organiser for a major party. National politicians also use a clever trick. They start off with one or two words in Kannada and then apologise for not knowing ‘Kannad’. They then switch to either English or Hindi, which “you all understand very well!”

For many elections now, large crowds have been congregating at Basavanagudi National College grounds in Bangalore to listen to the shudh Hindi of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharati and others of the saffron group. Actor Chiranjeevi, currently a Union minister who has been touring districts bordering Andhra Pradesh for the Congress, likes to rouse audiences with Telugu dialogues delivered in filmy style. BJP member Venkaiah Naidu also speaks in Telugu. Narendra Modi’s not-so-shudh Hindi was also well received. The mother-son duo of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi spoke in Hindi in rural areas and English in urban.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/shorts/smallworld/2013-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Rashmun,

UP also ranks high on this:

The cosmopolitan Uttar Pradeshi Z

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
There you go again.

ee panileni mangalodiki blade ivva valisindena? ippudu dorikina danni dorikinattu gorigestaaadu

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down