Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News / KV interest

2 posters

Go down

News / KV interest   Empty News / KV interest

Post by Kris Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 pm

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/lankan-navy-hands-over-indian-fishermen-to-coast-guard/20140816.htm

I am sure there is some area here where Hindians can be faulted and Captain P's virtues praised, but I am not able to figure out how just yet.

Kris

Back to top Go down

News / KV interest   Empty Re: News / KV interest

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 pm

KV said SL army just kills these fisherman, not capture. why such lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:39 pm

I present here the death toll reported by Dinamani. This is one of the oldest Tamil newspapers with a large subscription base. It was founded in 1933. It is presently owned by Express Madurai Limited that also publishes the English daily The New Indian Express that is published from 22 locations in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Orissa. As of this time, to the best of my knowledge, Express Madurai Limited or The New Indian Express or Dinamani is not owned by or affiliated with any political party.

July 16, 2008 issue of Dinamani stated that Sri Lankan navy had shot and killed over 250 Tamil Nadu fishermen just in the past 2 years.

Indian government however gives a much lower number. Indian Defense Minister said in 2007 that Sri Lankan navy had shot and killed 77 Tamil Nadu fishermen between 1991 and mid April 2007. Indian government, of course, has a vested interest in downplaying the numbers because it is doing nothing effective to stop these murders in the sea.

http://www.tamiltribune.com/

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down