Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done

5 posters

Go down

What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done Empty What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:32 pm

..overtly or covertly despite knowing you dont approve.

Mine just "announced" yesterday she signed up for a flat in Bangalore and paid 70% of the money.

Holy shyt....been fighting against it for years and any which way you calculate this is a financial loss.

I have to seriously consider divorce, now except I may end up on the street. (I realized there is not a shyt in my name).

So what did your spouse shock you with?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done Empty Re: What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:..overtly or covertly despite knowing you dont approve.

>>>wanting to marry me...despite much disapproval on my part.

Kris

Back to top Go down

What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done Empty Re: What is the gutsiest thing your spouse has done

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:..overtly or covertly despite knowing you dont approve.

awww

this contest is for spouse, but not everyone here talks, so I am guessing upps will let us talk about ex-spouses, even if they did something that's not related to me.

Anyway, the gutsiest thing i know XH did was - sell his parent's car, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Kris wrote:

Did she kattufy the thaali ?....Razz

On my case, my parents were seriously worried no one would marry me...and I agreed to marry the "known" devil. That is one hassle. even if I divorce my wife, she will be with me as XW forever...it is a lose-lose situation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kris wrote:

On my case, my parents were seriously worried no one would marry me...and I agreed to marry the "known" devil.  That is one hassle. even if I divorce my wife, she will be with me as XW forever...it is a lose-lose situation.

yes upps. you and me... loojer couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Mine just "announced" yesterday she signed up for a flat in Bangalore and paid 70% of the money.

Holy shyt....been fighting against it for years and any which way you calculate this is a financial loss.

I have to seriously consider divorce, now except I may end up on the street. (I realized there is not a shyt in my name).

So what did your spouse shock you with?

>>>70% cash down or is there a loan involved? If you don't have any time limit on selling it, you should be okay with it. The one thing to look into is professional management for it (for renting, maintenance etc). It is a lot of imposition on relatives, even if they are willing.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Kris wrote:

On my case, my parents were seriously worried no one would marry me...and I agreed to marry the "known" devil.  That is one hassle. even if I divorce my wife, she will be with me as XW forever...it is a lose-lose situation.

>>> My younger brother had had a couple of GFs and he was pretty heartbroken about one and even told my mother about it. My parents finally got him to meet a girl whom they came up with their connections.She was also an academic sort (later got a PhD) which I think made him nervous. He asked to meet her in private and kept hinting that if she wasn't cool with it, he could tell them that he didn't think it would work out. I thought this was an elaborate ploy but I had been out of India and the family dynamics for a few years by then. Long story short: she told her parents that he was a nice guy and she would like to go forward.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>> My younger brother had had a couple of GFs and he was pretty heartbroken about one and even told my mother about it. My parents finally got him to meet a girl whom they came up with their connections.She was also an academic sort (later got a PhD) which I think made him nervous. He asked to meet her in private and kept hinting that if she wasn't cool with it, he could tell them that he didn't think it would work out. I thought this was an elaborate ploy but I had been out of India and the family dynamics for a few years by then. Long story short: she told her parents that he was a nice guy and she would like to go forward.

then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

then?

>>>He is on his way to Indian uncle-dom, with a college age son.  It is his birthday tomorrow.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

then?

>>>He is on his way to Indian uncle-dom, with a college age son.  It is his birthday tomorrow.

aww that's cute. shy virgo Smile

I wonder how it would have gone for an arranged marriage for me. Am sure rents would have gone for some IAS dude whose rents didn't want a dowry. And I would have lived a life of luxury. I used to remember this and tell this to XH too while cleaning the walls with a long broom, or ironing clothes. He would remind me the names of the dreariest villages in MP where I could have been living the "luxurious" life with my dashing ias-husband-could-be at that point in time. Would be even that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm

didn't india just celebrate its independence, I didn't see any of you monkeys talk about the many brave things indian people did in trying to gain freedom for all of us.

the gutsiest thing that any one's spouse could have done is store that shit and the brainiest thing it could have done is control colonic motility via local neural systems.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:41 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
the gutsiest thing that any one's spouse could have done is store that shit and the brainiest thing it could have done is control colonic motility via local neural systems.

didn't fully understand, but sounds so gross.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:41 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:didn't india just celebrate its independence, I didn't see any of you monkeys talk about the many brave things indian people did in trying to gain freedom for all of us.

564.00 ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

she may not have intended to sound especially gross, but appears to be naturally so. her intent here was to display her familiarity with medical terminology. new doctors in india leave that immature stage behind in about a year after graduating.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:09 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:didn't india just celebrate its independence, I didn't see any of you monkeys talk about the many brave things indian people did in trying to gain freedom for all of us themselves.

the people of india won independence for themselves. how's that any of your business?

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

In her exuberance to showcase her new found skills, she overdid it and made a shitty accident.

The neural systems are always controlling the colonic motility - otherwise the person is sedated or dead. She should have specifically mentioned instead "spincter muscle control" by "her" pudendal nerves.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

In her exuberance to showcase her new found skills, she overdid it and made a shitty accident.

The neural systems are always controlling the colonic motility - otherwise the person is sedated or dead.  She should have specifically mentioned instead "spincter muscle control" by "her" pudendal nerves.

my correction:

the gutsiest thing that any one's spouse's gut could have done is store that shit and the brainiest thing it could have done is control colonic motility via local neural systems.

uppili's statement:

"In her exuberance to showcase her new found skills, she overdid it and made a shitty accident.

The neural systems are always controlling the colonic motility - otherwise the person is sedated or dead.  She should have specifically mentioned instead "spincter muscle control" by "her" pudendal nerves."

** why are you talking as if I made an error in my statement? where did I say that neural systems controlled colonic motility intermittently? and why are you bringing up the pudendal nerve etc when this is about the gut?

** don't bother replying. thanks.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 pm

michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

she may not have intended to sound especially gross, but appears to be naturally so. her intent here was to display her familiarity with medical terminology. new doctors in india leave that immature stage behind in about a year after graduating.

if you think that the gut storing feces and the enteric network controlling colonic motility is gross, that's not my problem. I suppose I could have said feces the first time around but I don't believe that a fellow who routinely brings up the Cleveland steamer has such delicate sensibilities that he cannot handle it when I say "shit" instead of feces.

what "intent" are you talking about? when you and max and the rest of the nerds talk about math and music, do you see anyone bringing up  "intent?" this is my life and the work I do, I don't have to have a bloody intent.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

The neural systems are always controlling the colonic motility - otherwise the person is sedated or dead.  She should have specifically mentioned instead "spincter muscle control" by "her" pudendal nerves.

my correction:

the gutsiest thing that any one's spouse's gut could have done is store that shit and the brainiest thing it could have done is control colonic motility via local neural systems.

uppili's statement:

"In her exuberance to showcase her new found skills, she overdid it and made a shitty accident.

The neural systems are always controlling the colonic motility - otherwise the person is sedated or dead.  She should have specifically mentioned instead "spincter muscle control" by "her" pudendal nerves."

** why are you talking as if I made an error in my statement? where did I say that neural systems controlled colonic motility intermittently? and why are you bringing up the pudendal nerve etc when this is about the gut?

My love - I HAVE to respond ...

Check Google for the word "Gutsy" (I am saving space here by not cut/pasting).

Colon is not responsible for the colonic motility - ...just bcz someone drives a car does not mean the car can drive itself...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:30 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

if you think that the gut storing feces and the enteric network controlling colonic motility is gross, that's not my problem.

** your problems are one or more of the following: (1) ignorance of what "gutsy" means in the context of this thread; (2) eagerness to hit innocent bystanders with recently-learnt medical terminology; (3) wanting to sound irreverent and humorous, but usually failing to do so.

i suspect it is not (1).

I suppose I could have said feces the first time around but I don't believe that a fellow who routinely brings up the Cleveland steamer has such delicate sensibilities that he cannot handle it when I say "shit" instead of feces.

** neither of those words is especially offensive to me; however, you bent this thread to unnecessarily address the subject of the contents of the spouse's guts, while it's clear to everyone that the thread is about the spouse's courage. you did so because of problems 2 and 3 above.

what "intent" are you talking about? when you and max and the rest of the nerds talk about math and music, do you see anyone bringing up  "intent?" this is my life and the work I do, I don't have to have a bloody intent.

** expect to hear from me when you hijack a thread to portray your "life and work" in the most inappropriate way.

my response is in italics, above.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:45 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
if you think that the gut storing feces and the enteric network controlling colonic motility is gross, that's not my problem. I suppose I could have said feces the first time around but I don't believe that a fellow who routinely brings up the Cleveland steamer has such delicate sensibilities that he cannot handle it when I say "shit" instead of feces.

Wait...you work for a "Fecal Transplant" specialist?....:O (In that case, you ARE the queen of Colon "fluid")

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:44 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

my correction:

uppili's statement:

My love - I HAVE to respond ...

** oh lookie here, uppili has suddenly grown a mane and adopted the alpha male position cuz it seems like i don't know what "gutsy" means. master-obfuscator and bloody loser.

Check Google for the word "Gutsy" (I am saving space here by not cut/pasting).

Colon is not responsible for the colonic motility - ...just bcz someone drives a car does not mean the car can drive itself...

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:47 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

Wait...you work for a "Fecal Transplant" specialist?....:O  (In that case, you ARE the queen of Colon "fluid")
i don't, but if i did i would not be embarrassed to say so.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:00 pm

michelle2 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

if you think that the gut storing feces and the enteric network controlling colonic motility is gross, that's not my problem.

** your problems are one or more of the following: (1) ignorance of what "gutsy" means in the context of this thread; (2) eagerness to hit innocent bystanders with recently-learnt medical terminology; (3) wanting to sound irreverent and humorous, but usually failing to do so.

i suspect it is not (1).
## yeah, i don't have a spouse and i have no interest in how gutsy someone else's spouse is. so i spoke about the gut. looks like you have a very big problem with that.

I suppose I could have said feces the first time around but I don't believe that a fellow who routinely brings up the Cleveland steamer has such delicate sensibilities that he cannot handle it when I say "shit" instead of feces.

** neither of those words is especially offensive to me; however, you bent this thread to unnecessarily address the subject of the contents of the spouse's guts, while it's clear to everyone that the thread is about the spouse's courage. you did so because of problems 2 and 3 above.
## you cannot be serious: there's not one thread on such that hasn't been bent.
## about number two: i have mentioned anything at ch that a very good biology or physiology student wouldn't know. i have mentioned that i work in healthcare but you put the idea in other people's heads that I'm a physician. why you would do that when i have never made such claims? i still do not.
## about number three: I'm here for my entertainment, not yours.

** expect to hear from me when you hijack a thread to portray your "life and work" in the most inappropriate way.
## expect me to not give a hoot.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

sorry: i haven't mentioned anything at ch that a very good ....

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:31 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

i suspect it is not (1).
## yeah, i don't have a spouse and i have no interest in how gutsy someone else's spouse is. so i spoke about the gut. looks like you have a very big problem with that.

## you cannot be serious: there's not one thread on such that hasn't been bent.
## about number two: i have mentioned anything at ch that a very good biology or physiology student wouldn't know. i have mentioned that i work in healthcare but you put the idea in other people's heads that I'm a physician. why you would do that when i have never made such claims? i still do not.
## about number three: I'm here for my entertainment, not yours.

## expect me to not give a hoot.

just a suggestion, try color coding too.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Mine walked out of the Hospital much against the advice of her ObGyn, other Doctors, and Medical Staff for a surgical delivery of our first coz the full term pregnancy was looking very risky due to extremely low amniotic fluid and other factors. She was both afraid of surgery as well as somehow convinced of some 'divine intervention' that will take care of herself and the child. We returned to the Hospital the same night and she delivered our first baby easily and naturally within half hour of getting admitted. No prolonged labor no epidural nothing. Some of my friends patted me for supporting her gutsy decision while others thought I should not have allowed her to take such risks even though the ultimate outcome was favorable to us.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 pm

smArtha wrote:Mine walked out of the Hospital much against the advice of her ObGyn, other Doctors, and Medical Staff for a surgical delivery of our first coz the full term pregnancy was looking very risky due to extremely low amniotic fluid and other factors. She was both afraid of surgery as well as somehow convinced of some 'divine intervention' that will take care of herself and the child. We returned to the Hospital the same night and she delivered our first baby easily and naturally within half hour of getting admitted. No prolonged labor no epidural nothing. Some of my friends patted me for supporting her gutsy decision while others thought I should not have allowed her to take such risks even though the ultimate outcome was favorable to us.

yep. gutsy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down