Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reason why Krips quit the site - here-->

+7
MaxEntropy_Man
.|Sublime|.
Rekz
Impedimenta
Hellsangel
charvaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reason why Krips quit the site - here--> Empty Reason why Krips quit the site - here-->

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 am

....read it from the source herself...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Reason why Krips quit the site - here--> Empty Re: Reason why Krips quit the site - here-->

Post by charvaka Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 am

For Kripa: the reason I did not delete your ID is because I have not logged in as admin for almost a month now. I have it on my list of things to do the next time I login as admin (which may be this weekend or next.)

As Uppili said on old CH, I am not going to let my responsibilities as admin hinder my participation on this forum as a regular user. What I do as charvaka is nothing different from what anybody else can do on this forum.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Reason why Krips quit the site - here--> Empty Re: Reason why Krips quit the site - here-->

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

charvaka wrote:For Kripa: the reason I did not delete your ID is because I have not logged in as admin for almost a month now. I have it on my list of things to do the next time I login as admin (which may be this weekend or next.)

As Uppili said on old CH, I am not going to let my responsibilities as admin hinder my participation on this forum as a regular user. What I do as charvaka is nothing different from what anybody else can do on this forum.

--> in an earlier post you had written:
I will also check with the site owners whether it is possible to disable IP logging by post.

https://such.forumotion.com/t674-admin-can-see-your-ip-address#5694

--> have u been able to do so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:02 am

Don't go down the path of deleting user IDs. Someone is going to use that against you and say you deleted user IDs.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 am

i don't understand why this issue is even being considered by the admin. deleting userids means deleting their posts too! it should never be allowed. and why should admin obey the whims and fancies of sundry people? priya wants her/his id deleted for purely childish reasons. what difference does it make to people who have left the forum if their messages continue to exist here? did they not once post them? they think by robbing the site of their messages, it will somehow make them feel they have smote the forum. bullshit. i feel no id should be deleted except if it is for a very rare, exceptional and sincere reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:For Kripa: the reason I did not delete your ID is because I have not logged in as admin for almost a month now. I have it on my list of things to do the next time I login as admin (which may be this weekend or next.)

--> in an earlier post you had written:
I will also check with the site owners whether it is possible to disable IP logging by post.

i mean, come on now. you are smart. you cannot possibly be thinking that this website or the admin has nothing better to do then track your IP.

you must be aware of what apple devices including the iphone are doing these days[they save user's latitude and longitude from the IP] or you pretending to be oblivious? also, there are several online "Free" IP masking resources on the internet if you are that concerned.

lastly, i am sure you and others here use dictionary.com. this website and the admin is not even doing one millionth of the damage that that website has already done to your computer including logging your IP every single time you access it.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

Impedimenta wrote:[

i mean, come on now. you are smart.
Hmmm.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i don't understand why this issue is even being considered by the admin. deleting userids means deleting their posts too! it should never be allowed. and why should admin obey the whims and fancies of sundry people? priya wants her/his id deleted for purely childish reasons. what difference does it make to people who have left the forum if their messages continue to exist here? did they not once post them? they think by robbing the site of their messages, it will somehow make them feel they have smote the forum. bullshit. i feel no id should be deleted except if it is for a very rare, exceptional and sincere reason.

Agree... a record is a record. This is like the politicians demanding their statements to be expunged bcz they did not like something about it later on.

Even the old Sulekha does not - repeat DOES NOT delete ids or posts.

If anything, there are 1000s of priyas and Krips in this universe and they are not patented trademarks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:28 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Even the old Sulekha does not - repeat DOES NOT delete ids or posts.

zu r nuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 am

deleting id's delete user posts too?

Let me post something as Queen Bee... then if and when charu deletes that id.. we will know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

shut up trashy whorni... who cares about what you do here.. go and show your boobs to poopa now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i don't understand why this issue is even being considered by the admin. deleting userids means deleting their posts too! it should never be allowed. and why should admin obey the whims and fancies of sundry people? priya wants her/his id deleted for purely childish reasons. what difference does it make to people who have left the forum if their messages continue to exist here? did they not once post them? they think by robbing the site of their messages, it will somehow make them feel they have smote the forum. bullshit. i feel no id should be deleted except if it is for a very rare, exceptional and sincere reason.

A person who decides to withdraw himself from a forum and
requests the suppression of his account from the administrator. However
this last refuses. What are the obligations of the administrator?

In
accordance with article 34 of the data-processing law and freedoms of
January 6, 1978, each member of a forum has a right of access, of
modification, correction and suppression of the data which relate to it.
This is why the administrator cannot refuse to remove an account.
If such is the case, warn Forumotion who will require of the
administrator to remove this account. In the event of refusal of his
share, it will be exposed to the pure and simple removal of his forum
for nonrespect of the "data-processing and freedoms".

http://help.forumotion.com/t1526-account-deletion-administrators-obligations

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 am

BTW, how to activate blogs:
http://help.forumotion.com/t72102-how-to-activate-blogs
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Queen Bee wrote:shut up trashy whorni... who cares about what you do here.. go and show your boobs to poopa now.
Wow! Keep your friends close...and all that?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Queen Bee wrote:shut up trashy whorni... who cares about what you do here.. go and show your boobs to poopa now.
Wow! Keep your friends close...and all that?

me wrote: deleting id's delete user posts too?

Let me post something as Queen Bee... then if and when charu deletes that id.. we will know.

was having some fun while at it.. heh... I don't keep enemies close. I just keep fake friends away. simble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:deleting id's delete user posts too?

of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

ufff, even an imbecile cannot construct this deliberately constructed post. it is just too good. just note the deliberate typos and simply feel fascinated.

-----------------

Ocean BreaZe& LamDebar

started by
kripamaya 2 hrs ago

Welcome
to this exciting site where you yearn to visit with your silly
clown(clone) acts. he y, it seems there is not much activity where you
went- other than fights liek the fights that occured here. Most of the
militants have gone ,but you still linger on. Tell you what, come back
as your self with a nice +ve attitude and we will open our friendship
door. You decide which is better for you kiddo-the- Clone Here is my
rakhi for you Clown~~~~~~~~~OOOO~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ufff, even an imbecile cannot construct this deliberately constructed post. it is just too good. just note the deliberate typos and simply feel fascinated.

-----------------

Ocean BreaZe& LamDebar

started by
kripamaya 2 hrs ago

Welcome
to this exciting site where you yearn to visit with your silly
clown(clone) acts. he y, it seems there is not much activity where you
went- other than fights liek the fights that occured here. Most of the
militants have gone ,but you still linger on. Tell you what, come back
as your self with a nice +ve attitude and we will open our friendship
door. You decide which is better for you kiddo-the- Clone Here is my
rakhi for you Clown~~~~~~~~~OOOO~~~~~~~~

And the fact that Lamderbar could be distinguished from Lamberdar but Not Ocean Breaze from Ocean Breeze. A splendid performance of being scatter-brained.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Who is ocean breaze? anybody in confession mode?
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 pm

kripamaya khamagani priya married to a dutch dude lol u fooled me, ha ha ha. i am laughing at myself now. you had me fooled for LONG. great job dude/dudette. you excel. now you remind me of other trolls like gatita and strawberry pink. our loss we lost you.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Rekz wrote:Who is ocean breaze? anybody in confession mode?

not me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rekz wrote:Who is ocean breaze? anybody in confession mode?

not me.

I blindly believe you Hero:pirat:
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:And the fact that Lamderbar could be distinguished from Lamberdar but Not Ocean Breaze from Ocean Breeze. A splendid performance of being scatter-brained.

oh there is no doubt. she is even mindful of spelling lamderbar as lamDebar. a typo must be doubly reinforced.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Rekz wrote:I blindly believe you Hero:pirat:

ha ha ha. the feeling is reciprocal chennaikar. i had my doubts but they have long been dismissed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:59 pm

test:pirat:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 pm

test pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:06 pm

people come people quit. people come people quit.
why are you wasting your time explaining your case?

when people say that the fighting, name calling and abuse made them quit such, i have to say that as things stand here now, this seems a lot saner than the old sulekha. the constant abuse being heaped day in and day out there was getting hard for even people who tend to ignore a lot.
of course now sulekha seems like a cuckoos nest in saudi arabia - appearances in place and everyone playing the good host making sure the guests don't up and leave because someone said something bad. but the executions keep happening and everyone pretends everything is hunky dory.
i do not have anything for or against kripamaya but generally amused at the reasons people give to justify their actions.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:of course now sulekha seems like a cuckoos nest in saudi arabia - appearances in place and everyone playing the good host making sure the guests don't up and leave because someone said something bad. but the executions keep happening and everyone pretends everything is hunky dory.
That is spot on.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:in an earlier post you had written:

No.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:53 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

of course!
Based on what I have read of Forumotion policies, it does sound like I have no choice to not delete user IDs if a user demands that their ID be deleted. However, that does not mean deletion of posts. I think the old posts will remain.

I say this based on the following content from the post that Rashmun posted above:

It should be noted however that you cannot require of the administrator
to remove all your messages (Except if they contain personal
information making it possible to identify you formally).
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 am

i see. so you are obligated to delete ids; however that does not mean that the content posted by the user will also disappear. sounds fair enough.

edit. it's more like a ban, this deletion. i was fearing deletion implied deletion of and id and its posts like it happens in sulekha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:21 am

charvaka wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

of course!
Based on what I have read of Forumotion policies, it does sound like I have no choice to not delete user IDs if a user demands that their ID be deleted. However, that does not mean deletion of posts. I think the old posts will remain.

I say this based on the following content from the post that Rashmun posted above:

It should be noted however that you cannot require of the administrator
to remove all your messages (Except if they contain personal
information making it possible to identify you formally).

The reason for retaining the posts is for legal purposes. Should a court require the identity of the poster for any damaging information, "forumotion" will be able to trace back the ip address, and the poster's location using the timestamp behind the post.

In other words, once a "return" key is hit on your computer it is alive someplace in some computer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 am

well it says - except when it contains personal info.... so if you want to have a post deleted, you will have to make a case out of it.

This is something even sulekha mods took srsly. If you told them that the post reveals personal info about you or someone, they would promptly delete it. Even if you yourself had entered it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 am

Aug 13, 2011: the dutch dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:Aug 13, 2011: the dutch dude
Didn't really see any typos. Now he is European. Not Dutch-German-English-American.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:01 am

did they date before marriage? why is she writing as if she's meeting even him for the first time in a new country? i meant the elevator and car etiquettes....

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:02 am

I was the center of attraction;
curious questions kept coming ceaselessly; one after another, inquiring
about my attire and the red dot on my fore head which many had not seen.
Most were surprised that I spoke English fluently. Another wanted to know if monkeys came into houses, and if there were snakes where I lived.

i figure this story is set the 1930s or 40s US. the name fred
is also a give away. i don't think anyone born after the 40s has been named
fred in the US.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i figure this story is set the 1930s or 40s US.

*gasp* are you suggesting that the author's age as of today is 90+?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh, wow - I had no idea Krips was a blogger. The language is totally different from her usual posts.

The story seem to be set in the 60s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

ya, she started just recently.

ya even I thought it's set in the 60s.... I am still intrigued to know how they met and how it lead to marriage, coz that blog goes as if she's discovering his european manners for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Good riddance!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:ya, she started just recently.

ya even I thought it's set in the 60s.... I am still intrigued to know how they met and how it lead to marriage, coz that blog goes as if she's discovering his european manners for the first time.
And you believe any of that drivel?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:ya, she started just recently.

And you believe any of that drivel?

well for me all the pieces in a puzzle gotta fit. Until now and like hk I too believed in her specially after her endless posts on connecticut. But this blog leaves some questions which may it may not be answered.

I still think kripa is an original handle, whether a troll or not. But I won't be surprised ifKripa is yet another alter ego of Denice. Same pattern. Bad ch posts and perfectly written blogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:54 pm

>>>>I just skimmed thru this story. There is something out of whack here, if this is autobiographical. Its almost they had an arranged, intercultural marriage and she is suddenly discovering his world and friends after the wedding.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>>I just skimmed thru this story. There is something out of whack here, if this is autobiographical. Its almost they had an arranged, intercultural marriage and she is suddenly discovering his world and friends after the wedding.

exactly my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

exactly my thoughts.

Maybe they met in India?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:13 pm

blabberwock wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

exactly my thoughts.

Maybe they met in India?

Ya that's one option that came to mind. And hence the story is so interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

blabberwock wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

exactly my thoughts.

Maybe they met in India?

I guessed the same too. This might've happened in the 90's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:23 pm

kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

exactly my thoughts.

Maybe they met in India?

I am guessing 60s or early 70s - the awe and wonder at "european" customs, wearing a silk saree for formal gathering etc. 90s girl would have gone wearing a cocktail dress and wielded the knife and fork with ease, I would think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 pm

blabberwock wrote:
kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

exactly my thoughts.

Maybe they met in India?

I am guessing 60s or early 70s - the awe and wonder at "european" customs, wearing a silk saree for formal gathering etc. 90s girl would have gone wearing a cocktail dress and wielded the knife and fork with ease, I would think!

I don't think so. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of yrs in the 90's and my experience is the same as hers, except that my husband is Indian. I had to attend some official parties and I (and other indian wives) went to them in silk sarees, spotting a bindi and all. I was in US before I went there, but the experience in europe is entirely different from that of US. They are a pretty formal bunch, though they didn't mind us ladies wearing sarees. I was very nervous abt following their etiquette initially just kripa was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next