Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife

5 posters

Go down

Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife Empty Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife

Post by smArtha Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library.

The so-called “Lost Gospel”, which has been translated from Aramaic, allegedly reveals the startling new allegations, according to The Sunday Times. Read More ...

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife Empty Re: Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

So, Magdalene is mother Mary?

A prostitute having immaculate conception? May be, the word "immaculate" is used metaphorically - to indicate that a prostitute is not emotionally involved when her baby is "conceived". Hmm....

I am sure, a lot of Jusus' bhaktas are depressed. If this story came out during the "dark ages", their reaction would have been quite pieceful (more so that what we see when a cartoon of Dr PBUH is drawn in Denmark).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife Empty Re: Jesus and Mary - Another Manuscript claims them Husband and Wife

Post by Kris Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, Magdalene is mother Mary?

A prostitute having immaculate conception? May be, the word "immaculate" is used metaphorically - to indicate that a prostitute is not emotionally involved when her baby is "conceived". Hmm....

I am sure, a lot of Jusus' bhaktas are depressed. If this story came out during the "dark ages", their reaction would have been quite pieceful (more so that what we see when a cartoon of Dr PBUH is drawn in Denmark).
>>> Most of these stories were written by people who lived well after the time of Jesus. The Roman empire did its share of rewriting of the teachings as well. There are theories that Jesus actually had a mystical view of spiritualism that probably didn't jive with the Roman need for a state religion. I have been personally curious as to why Jesus had to be born of a virgin or the son of God to be seen as a spiritual leader. Those could have been latter day add-ons or emphases to spread his teachings. Maybe it was a case of giving him instant cred with the general population once the word spread beyond his immediate followers who saw and heard him.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 am

smArtha wrote:

Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library.

The so-called “Lost Gospel”, which has been translated from Aramaic, allegedly reveals the startling new allegations, according to The Sunday Times. Read More ...
Finally....

Finally both my ancestors are being recognized. Thank You all.

I'm told by my family.... My great, great, great.... grand father Jesus was a good man.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 am

Guruvu gaaru, confusion much?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Guruvu gaaru, confusion much?
Apparently, the thinking is that Mary ("virgin" Mary!) was actually the wife of Jesus. Surprisingly, in the old books, more was written about Mary and Magdalene than about Jesus! So, piecing together a common theme on them is easier than nailing down attributes of Jesus. Immaculate conception could well be like the second coming - a story modified from older cultures in the region. 

In any case, organized Christianity has been under attack since the revival of science and logic in the West. People of the middle ages won't recognize the current "mild" version. The recent revelations on the old writings will further delegate Christianity into oblivion.

Pagans and natives should celebrate the new development. Their cultures are finding space again.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down