Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst test series ever?

5 posters

Go down

Worst test series ever? Empty Worst test series ever?

Post by nevada Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Only the 3-0 drubbing down under in 1999 comes close to matching the comprehensive beatdown of the current series. But back then, the team wasn't ranked # 1 in the world and the Aussies had boldly claimed that they would go for a 3-0 score well before the series started. This series is the biggest letdown ever - it is like an utter flop movie with multiple super star actors. Not even a semblance of a contest from this pathetic lineup with only some token resistance from one batsman and one stirring bowling performance in the entire series(Eng 125/8 in 2nd test) by the bowlers.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Worst test series ever? Empty Re: Worst test series ever?

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

indeed. this has to be the worst series for IND ever. AUS 99 was bad, but not this bad. we did not have such quality players in the squad back then, and i think match-fixing scandal had broke before the series (correct me if i am wrong). IND were down even before they boarded the plane to Sydney (remember J Lele had predicted a 0-3 loss for IND right after he selected the team).

this tour, on the other hand, had set the expectations high. nobody thought that IND would perform so badly. we could score 300 only once and only just. and we did not give any fight. there is something wrong with this team. i don't know what that is. it could be arrogance, world-cup win, kirsten's absence, injuries or a combination of all these and some other things. but i hope IND has been jolted out of its complacence by now. this series is already gone, but we have AUS tour coming up.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 am

best session for IND in the worst ever series. IND goes for lunch without losing a wicket. this partnership is almost 100 now. and we trail by 75. the new ball is due in 15 overs, so mishra and SRT should try to score as many runs as possible with the old ball and then start taking the lead. gambhir did not bat in the nets this morning, that means we only have dhobi and raina after this pair. it could take 2-3 good overs with the new ball to take them all. so, wipe off the deficit when the ball is old (and swann is not bowling) and we have a hope.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 am

mishra seems to have either lost his concentration or he is trying some heroics now that his job is done. he needs some advice from SRT who has seen it all. it is not done until it is done. mishra must not lose his wicket. we know madras mafia is about to bat after this stand is broken.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 am

gone.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 am

fuck. madras mafia drops a collective turd. one of them a pair of golden turd. raina must be dropped from tests forever. yeah yeah, unlucky and all that but he has no business playing tests. useless mofo.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 am

nevada wrote:Only the 3-0 drubbing down under in 1999 comes close to matching the comprehensive beatdown of the current series. But back then, the team wasn't ranked # 1 in the world and the Aussies had boldly claimed that they would go for a 3-0 score well before the series started. This series is the biggest letdown ever - it is like an utter flop movie with multiple super star actors. Not even a semblance of a contest from this pathetic lineup with only some token resistance from one batsman and one stirring bowling performance in the entire series(Eng 125/8 in 2nd test) by the bowlers.

Worstever, since I began following cricket, on par with thrashing received from Bottletop & co in '82/'83.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 am

Another Brick wrote:fuck. madras mafia drops a collective turd. one of them a pair of golden turd. raina must be dropped from tests forever. yeah yeah, unlucky and all that but he has no business playing tests. useless mofo.

Instead of Raina I would Pick Irfan Pathan to bat at 6. If given a long rope he can develop into a decent batsman at test level. He can certainly score more runs than Raina and also bowl a few good overs when conditions are favorable.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 am

nevada wrote:

Instead of Raina I would Pick Irfan Pathan to bat at 6. If given a long rope he can develop into a decent batsman at test level. He can certainly score more runs than Raina and also bowl a few good overs when conditions are favorable.

Instead of going "Retreads" route, I mean what has Irfan done to merit a recall?, we should identify new talent, groom them and stick with them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:41 pm

i'll say the series of your mom with your dad *bwahahahaha*

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down