Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sachin adopts a small AP village

3 posters

Go down

sachin adopts a small AP village Empty sachin adopts a small AP village

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 am

How did Sachin find this village? 

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/sachin-visits-village-he-adopted-under-sansad-adarsh-gram-yojana/article6604889.ece?homepage=true

“Puttamrajuvari Kandrika has now become popular after Tendulkar adopted the village. Earlier, even people living in the neighbouring villages or in the district had not heard about the village. I have never seen Tendulkar earlier, but now I have got an opportunity to see him personally. I am happy about that,” an elated Venkateshwarulu said.

Tendulkar laid foundation for the construction of Rs. 2.79 crore worth developmental works (in the first phase), including a community centre, Anganwadi school with kitchen, a play ground, waiting halls and toilets, among other things.
The retired cricketer is also scheduled to administer oath to the villagers asking them to shun tobacco and alcohol.
He is also scheduled to play a friendly cricket match with the village children.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

sachin adopts a small AP village Empty Re: sachin adopts a small AP village

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm

truthbetold wrote:How did Sachin find this village? 
Doesn't he own lands in Nellore district?
truthbetold wrote:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/sachin-visits-village-he-adopted-under-sansad-adarsh-gram-yojana/article6604889.ece?homepage=true

“Puttamrajuvari Kandrika has now become popular after Tendulkar adopted the village. Earlier, even people living in the neighbouring villages or in the district had not heard about the village. I have never seen Tendulkar earlier, but now I have got an opportunity to see him personally. I am happy about that,” an elated Venkateshwarulu said.

Tendulkar laid foundation for the construction of Rs. 2.79 crore worth developmental works (in the first phase), including a community centre, Anganwadi school with kitchen, a play ground, waiting halls and toilets, among other things.
The retired cricketer is also scheduled to administer oath to the villagers asking them to shun tobacco and alcohol.
He is also scheduled to play a friendly cricket match with the village children.
Is he paying for it from his pocket or is he going submit expenses for all the time he spent on this project to the Govt?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Don't know that sachin has interest in Nellore.

All the funding comes from MP funds and matching grants from AP govt.

But why did sachin who is Maharashtrian select a faraway nellore village? Does he gain anything?  Is it just a good deed?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/sachins-day-out-in-a-farflung-nellore-village/article6605237.ece?homepage=true

In sachin's own words:

Asked as to why he selected a Nellore village, Sachin said he did so because he had played cricket representing the entire country, and that he had the option to choose any village. He added that he was thinking of adopting a village when, as a coincidence, District Collector N. Srikanth and Joint Collector G. Rekha Rani, suggested it to him.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Good job Sachin for adopting 'a village'. I'm sure some people in the village will benefit.

It does not matter how he selected the village.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down