Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat?????

+4
confuzzled dude
rawemotions
truthbetold
Vakavaka Pakapaka
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat????? Empty How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat?????

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:23 pm

If people go and sweep the roads on October 2nd for Swacch Bharat, how come no Sikularist is complaining about the conflict with Gandhi's birthday?

GownWallahs and CON-Wallahs are going apeshit because Modi wants to celebrate "Good governance" on Christ's controversial birth day (December 25th)!!! I suppose, monomaniacs will be upset if Modi declares Bakrid as "Animal protection day".

In India, there are 14 holidays sanctioned by the central govt. Of these, 4 are for Muslim, 2 for Christian, 2 for Hindu, 1 for Sikh, 1 for Buddhist....... festivals.

In my view, the govt. should have only Secular holidays (Independence day, etc.). They can allow 6 additional holidays for each individual that can be used at her/his discretion. So, Hindus can take these holidays for Deepaavali, Vinayaka Chaviti, Varalakshmi Vratam, etc., and GownWallas can take them for Good Friday, Christmas, etc........ This way, nobody can claim discrimination and can celebrate their own festivals. I am sure, CONartists will still look for cynical reasons for this but they won't get any votes for raking dirt at Chaddis on this.

I suppose, Carvakites and go fly kites on all those 6 days!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat????? Empty Re: How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat?????

Post by Guest Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:If people go and sweep the roads on October 2nd for Swacch Bharat, how come no Sikularist is complaining about the conflict with Gandhi's birthday?

GownWallahs and CON-Wallahs are going apeshit because Modi wants to celebrate "Good governance" on Christ's controversial birth day (December 25th)!!! I suppose, monomaniacs will be upset if Modi declares Bakrid as "Animal protection day".

In India, there are 14 holidays sanctioned by the central govt. Of these, 4 are for Muslim, 2 for Christian, 2 for Hindu, 1 for Sikh, 1 for Buddhist....... festivals.

In my view, the govt. should have only Secular holidays (Independence day, etc.). They can allow 6 additional holidays for each individual that can be used at her/his discretion. So, Hindus can take these holidays for Deepaavali, Vinayaka Chaviti, Varalakshmi Vratam, etc., and GownWallas can take them for Good Friday, Christmas, etc........ This way, nobody can claim discrimination and can celebrate their own festivals. I am sure, CONartists will still look for cynical reasons for this but they won't get any votes for raking dirt at Chaddis on this.

Vakavaka were you always weak at counting ? Stop misleading the readers of this forum!

---

The Government of India has announced a list of 17 holidays for its administrative offices located in Andhra Pradesh for 2014 as follows: January 14 (Milad-Un-Nabi/Sankranti), January 26 (Republic Day), March 17 (Holi), March 31 (Ugadi), April 13 (Mahavir Jayanti), April 18 (Good Friday), May 14 (Buddha Purnima), July 29 (Id-ul-Fitr), August 15 (Independence Day), August 29 (Vinayaka Chavithi), October 2 (Gandhi Jayanti), October 3 (Dussehra), October 6 (Id-Ul-Zuha) October 23 (Diwali), November 4 (Muharram), November 6 (Guru Nanak birthday), and December 25 (Christmas).

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/list-of-central-govt-holidays-in-2014/article5525081.ece

Back to top Go down

How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat????? Empty Re: How come no one complained about Swacch Bharat?????

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:40 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:If people go and sweep the roads on October 2nd for Swacch Bharat, how come no Sikularist is complaining about the conflict with Gandhi's birthday?

Just to clarify, it is quite likely that Jesus was born in Spring-Summer time. Christians (and Jews) copied many things from Persian mythology. December 25th may be related to Mitra (Sun God). In early Christianity, Jesus was shown with a Sun disk behind his head (some misunderstand this and think that it is a halo). Jesus as Mitra was a story that was perpetuated to give credibility to him as being divine.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Just to clarify, it is quite likely that Jesus was born in Spring-Summer time. Christians (and Jews) copied many things from Persian mythology. December 25th may be related to Mitra (Sun God). In early Christianity, Jesus was shown with a Sun disk behind his head (some misunderstand this and think that it is a halo). Jesus as Mitra was a story that was perpetuated to give credibility to him as being divine.

It is also true that we have no idea when Lord Krishna was born. Those celebrating Krishna Janmashtami as if it were the actual day on which Krishna was born are ...

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:54 pm

modi declared dec 25 as good governance day as it is AB Vajpayee's birthday.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:25 am

truthbetold wrote:modi declared dec 25 as good governance day as it is AB Vajpayee's birthday.
I agree with the logic. Swacch Bharat on Gandhi's birthday and Good governance on ABV's birthday.

There are several CONmen whose birthdays can be chosen for bad governance day, corruption day, bad economy day, self-deprecation day, minority appeasement day, etc.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:38 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
truthbetold wrote:modi declared dec 25 as good governance day as it is AB Vajpayee's birthday.
I agree with the logic. Swacch Bharat on Gandhi's birthday and Good governance on ABV's birthday.

There are several CONmen whose birthdays can be chosen for bad governance day, corruption day, bad economy day, self-deprecation day, minority appeasement day, etc.
Good one! Smile

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:47 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Everyday has been a feku-day since our honorable Modiji has taken the office.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:53 am

Because swach bharat is a good for nothing dumbass program with no strategy that takes India nowhere, good governance appears to be another one of such category, wth does it even mean?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:59 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Because swach bharat is a good for nothing dumbass program with no strategy that takes India nowhere, good governance appears to be another one of such category, wth does it even mean?
Cleanliness and Hygiene is being questioned now. How idiotic can people be?

Good governance means NOT running the country by proxy, where Maa and Beta, along with cronies in un-constitutional national advisory council(NAC) were running the country, making discriminatory and incompetent laws and wrecking the economy, bypassing a toothless PM.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:07 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Because swach bharat is a good for nothing dumbass program with no strategy that takes India nowhere, good governance appears to be another one of such category, wth does it even mean?

Good governance means NOT running the country by proxy, where Maa and Beta, along with cronies in un-constitutional national advisory council(NAC) were running the country, making discriminatory and incompetent laws and wrecking the economy, bypassing a toothless PM.
How does mere sweeping of a street by a few citizens going to improve hygiene, please educate me genius? Are we living in 1850? Again, what does good governance mean?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:00 am

Cd

A thousand mile journey starts with one first step.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:20 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd

Yes. But this one ends with the photo op.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:24 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Those who choose to close their eyes to reality will only have memories of past.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:31 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

How does mere sweeping of a street by a few citizens going to improve hygiene, please educate me genius? Are we living in 1850? Again, what does good governance mean?

Modi sarkar is all about nifty slogans and photo ops. That is how good governance *looks* like. But why are you fighting with these monomaniacs? They get violent if something even vaguely negative is said about their Supreme Leader God. Let these faithful be.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:36 am

truthbetold wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Those who choose to close their eyes to reality will only have memories of past.

You're such a credulous sod, your assessment of anything is bound to be laughter inducing. In your simple mind, rape and corruption were eliminated by voting out the Congress. Ergo, this must be the golden era of maximum governance with minimum government. So live your dream.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:09 am

Md
In your mind making up things and attributing them to others and then fighting those imaginary demons is logical argument. Carvaka calls it a strawman argument.

It is unfortunate that your education did not teach you the difference between a process and a goal. Process is a thousand mile journey.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 am

truthbetold wrote:Md
In your mind making up things and attributing them to others and then fighting those imaginary demons is logical argument.

Its excruciating torture but do look up your old posts about Delhiites' awakening and Mahatma whatsisname's fasting to remind yourself what an easy dupe you are.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Md
Your arrogance blinds to what others write. Go back and read what I wrote.
I said then and I say now, change is a long process. Participation in civil movements expands awareness.
Excruciating pain you experience is a result of your blinkers you choose to wear. Your self delusional superiority complex assumes others cannot have sensible arguments. You do not provide any sensible argument or listen to other
People's argument. You are happy to live in your own conceited world.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Swacch Bharat is a social awareness program. I am surprised that the genius of Such didn't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Speaking of Swach Bharat, one of my whatsapp group members posted an old photograph of me and my college classmates cleaning up the village next to our hostel. We used to have weekly clean up sessions of 2 hrs+.
Proud to have been a Swatch Bharatiya way before it became popular(or unpopular if you are a sickular).

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:14 pm

nevada wrote:Speaking of Swach Bharat, one of my whatsapp group members posted an old photograph of me and my college classmates cleaning up the village next to our hostel. We used to have weekly clean up sessions of 2 hrs+.
Proud to have been a Swatch Bharatiya way before it became popular(or unpopular if you are a sickular).
Congrats! Actually I did the same too, through college. We had this NSS program where we had camped in the villages near Hyderabad for almost 10days and educated ppl about cleanliness, health, nutrition, child care and all. Extension education is what it was called. It was so much fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm

nevada wrote:Speaking of Swach Bharat, one of my whatsapp group members posted an old photograph of me and my college classmates cleaning up the village next to our hostel. We used to have weekly clean up sessions of 2 hrs+.
What did that accomplish? Do you know the current state of those villages? Are they shining clean?
nevada wrote:Proud to have been a Swatch Bharatiya way before it became popular(or unpopular if you are a sickular).
What does it mean, an Indian that takes bath thrice day?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:26 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
What did that accomplish? Do you know the current state of those villages? Are they shining clean?
nevada wrote:Proud to have been a Swatch Bharatiya way before it became popular(or unpopular if you are a sickular).
You are so pessimistic when it comes to the Modi govt, CD. Can you not keep your bias and paranoia aside and appreciate something that is really good? Small changes make big difference. When ppl become conscious of throwing the empty mineral water bottle in the trash can rather than on the ground, it makes a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Kinnera wrote:Swacch Bharat is a social awareness program. I am surprised that the genius of Such didn't get it.
It is a program that would've been fit for pre-industrial revolution times, as a result this outdated, useless & shitty(cleaning) idea is serving as a perfect photo-op opportunity for PM, politicians and aspiring politicians than keeping India clean/hygiene.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

"What did that accomplish? Do you know the current state of those villages? Are they shining clean?"

When you take the trash out in your home, what does that accomplish? What is the point in throwing the trash out because a new pile of trash is going to accumulate anyway? 
The village is now a much sought after locality with apartments, row houses, etc. 

"What does it mean, an Indian that takes bath thrice day?"

An interesting take on Swach Bharat. Thanks for a new perspective.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
You are so pessimistic when it comes to the Modi govt, CD. Can you not keep your bias and paranoia aside and appreciate something that is really good? Small changes make big difference. When ppl become conscious of throwing the empty mineral water bottle in the trash can rather than on the ground, it makes a difference.
There is no bias here, I would have opposed it even if it were Congress's or YSR's idea. It is basically a bankrupt idea that does no good for the country other than wasting productive time of professionals like teachers, bankers, managers etc., thereby reducing overall productivity of the country. Are you expecting these folks keep sweeping roads for the rest of their lives? What's the permanent solution, where is the big picture?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:03 pm

nevada wrote:

"What did that accomplish? Do you know the current state of those villages? Are they shining clean?"

When you take the trash out in your home, what does that accomplish? What is the point in throwing the trash out because a new pile of trash is going to accumulate anyway? 
The village is now a much sought after locality with apartments, row houses, etc.
Cleaning your house amounts to nothing if garbage piles up in front of your house. This piece might give you a better idea of what I mean.
https://such.forumotion.com/t27268-modi-hails-assam-cm-tarun-gogoi-for-swachh-bharat-campaign#186780
nevada wrote:
"What does it mean, an Indian that takes bath thrice day?"
An interesting take on Swach Bharat. Thanks for a new perspective.
This is nothing new, folks in kosta andhra take showers thrice a day during summer to relieve themselves from heat & humidity.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:21 pm

CD's jaundice is on again. 

In his depths of jealous anger, he forgot what he is talking about.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:28 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD's jaundice is on again. 

In his depths of jealous anger, he forgot what he is talking about.
Why don't you edmucate jaundiced jealous idiots like me as to how this grandiose idea of broom photo-op session(s) will expand & turn India Swachh.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
There is no bias here, I would have opposed it even if it were Congress's or YSR's idea. It is basically a bankrupt idea that does no good for the country other than wasting productive time of professionals like teachers, bankers, managers etc., thereby reducing overall productivity of the country. Are you expecting these folks keep sweeping roads for the rest of their lives? What's the permanent solution, where is the big picture?
Permanent solution is awareness and a conscientious effort to keep one's surroundings clean and tidy and an increased sense of civic responsibility. That's how it is in the western society. right? You think the time spent in cleaning the surroundings and helping spread the awareness is wasting productive time? Seriously? Isn't it the other way around? A clean and junk free environment improves productivity. Try cleaning the junk in your home and your desk/cubicle at your office and see the difference. 

Back in school, our teachers made us clean the classrooms and play grounds and made it fun with the song:
bits of paper...bits of paper...lying on the ground...lying on the ground..
makes the place untidy...makes the place untidy...
so pick them up...so pick them up!

You think the teachers wasted their productive time by doing that?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Permanent solution is awareness and a conscientious effort to keep one's surroundings clean and tidy and an increased sense of civic responsibility. That's how it is in the western society. right? You think the time spent in cleaning the surroundings and helping spread the awareness is wasting productive time? Seriously? Isn't it the other way around? A clean and junk free environment improves productivity. Try cleaning the junk in your home and your desk/cubicle at your office and see the difference. 

Back in school, our teachers made us clean the classrooms and play grounds and made it fun with the song:

Would make a nice movie script.. nothing more nothing less. Yes it is a sheer waste of productive time of skilled people, do you clean your office in America let alone streets? I bet south american ladies clean your house.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Would make a nice movie script.. nothing more nothing less. Yes it is a sheer waste of productive time of skilled people, do you clean your office in America let alone streets? I bet south american ladies clean your house.
oh yeah, we do. Once in a while we take time off for a coupla hours or so to organize the office. Everyday, the first 10-15 mins of my time is spent in making sure that everything is in order. It makes a huge difference on how smoothly the day runs.

The mexican ladies come to do a deep cleaning, but i do the basic cleaning everyday. I can't leave everything untidy and unruly until the cleaning ladies come every few weeks. Can I? Isn't it the same at your home too? Don't you clean the kitchen everyday, don't you wipe the mirrors in the bathroom if water splashes on them? Do you think it's a waste of time to do so?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:15 pm

CD

Education is for those wiling to learn.  Your closed mind is preset to reject any new information contrary to your beliefs. In addition your recent trauma from modi's win and Jagan's defeat is causing extreme stress on your nervous system. 

But I will put my two cents out without any expectation of results. 

Swatch Bharat is not an economic tool designed to enhance India's GDP.  It is a politico cultural tool of BJP and Modi. It is designed to engage large number of people who are attracted by Modi's message of good governance. 

Here an analogy would help.  When people started earth day celebrations, similar 
negative comments were made. " Is the atmosphere going to change or is world going to be any different?"  But over the past several decades, atmosphere did change but for worse. Did that work against earth day.  Only fools will conclude that. The main purpose of earth day is to draw people into active participation in environmental issues. Tree plantations and picnics are mere tactics. Now that earth movement is a powerful force forcing governments and people to rethink how they live their lives.  Is the objective achieved? No it is a journey of millions of miles. It will take a long time. 

Similarly, swatch bharat is a movement to get people involved in keeping the surroundings clean.  Involvement of all sections of people  and children will help evolve future programs and new projects. 

It is also a political opportunity for celebrities to show modi that they are on his side.  In politics photo ops are normal part. 

A relevant question is what would happen if Rahul Gandhi gives such a call?  He cannot even get his own party people to step up. Modi has the people's ear and he is using it.  

A good question is can Modi maintain the emphasis and keep the idea alive?  If he can keep it active and alive for few years, it will take its own life and produce results. 

Swatch bharat's primary impact will be on the participants and their future commitment to keep their surroundings clean.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Kinnera wrote:
oh yeah, we do. Once in a while we take time off for a coupla hours or so to organize the office. Everyday, the first 10-15 mins of my time is spent in making sure that everything is in order. It makes a huge difference on how smoothly the day runs.

The mexican ladies come to do a deep cleaning, but i do the basic cleaning everyday. I can't leave everything untidy and unruly until the cleaning ladies come every few weeks. Can I? Isn't it the same at your home too? Don't you clean the kitchen everyday, don't you wipe the mirrors in the bathroom if water splashes on them? Do you think it's a waste of time to do so?
Is this what Swachh Bharat about?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD

Education is for those wiling to learn.  
Precisely TBT, education is not for those with herd mentality.

truthbetold wrote:
Your closed mind is preset to reject any new information contrary to your beliefs. In addition your recent trauma from modi's win and Jagan's defeat is causing extreme stress on your nervous system. 

But I will put my two cents out without any expectation of results. 

Swatch Bharat is not an economic tool designed to enhance India's GDP.  It is a politico cultural tool of BJP and Modi. It is designed to engage large number of people who are attracted by Modi's message of good governance. 

Here an analogy would help.  When people started earth day celebrations, similar 
negative comments were made. " Is the atmosphere going to change or is world going to be any different?"  But over the past several decades, atmosphere did change but for worse. Did that work against earth day.  Only fools will conclude that. The main purpose of earth day is to draw people into active participation in environmental issues. Tree plantations and picnics are mere tactics. Now that earth movement is a powerful force forcing governments and people to rethink how they live their lives.  Is the objective achieved? No it is a journey of millions of miles. It will take a long time. 

Similarly, swatch bharat is a movement to get people involved in keeping the surroundings clean.  Involvement of all sections of people  and children will help evolve future programs and new projects. 

It is also a political opportunity for celebrities to show modi that they are on his side.  In politics photo ops are normal part. 

A relevant question is what would happen if Rahul Gandhi gives such a call?  He cannot even get his own party people to step up. Modi has the people's ear and he is using it.  

A good question is can Modi maintain the emphasis and keep the idea alive?  If he can keep it active and alive for few years, it will take its own life and produce results. 

Swatch bharat's primary impact will be on the participants and their future commitment to keep their surroundings clean.
Your comparisons to earth day are misplaced. How will a journey of millions of miles will be accomplished without a proper strategy/plan. You can set goals to reach Mars but is of no use without proper means to achieve it. Unless the goal here is to ensure every citizen that "sweeping streets" is his/her second/mandatory profession I can't fathom how India is gonna achieve this goal; even then it won't be a success without proper tools & infrastructure to support them i.e. from trash cans to emptying of trash cans to sewage treatment plants to setting up landfills else these voluntary workers sweeping streets with bare hands will run the risk of exposing themselves to all sorts of germs, bacteria and what not. One of my cousins participating in one of these swachh bharat circus events fell down and broke her leg.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:11 pm

CD

getting a particular street is not an end itself. What is important is the impact on people.  If you get that you will understand. If you have a no entry board on your mind, we will retain our positions.

Your cousin is a brave soul. Good luck to her. She may contribute to the future of India much more than empty bags like MD.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:02 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Haha Kinny, India's problem is not bits of paper and trash. The real problem is the absence of toilets, which forces 58% of your former compatriots take a dump in the open. Why are there no toilets? Because there's no water supply or sewage lines. And *that* root cause is not being funded by the Swacch Bharat photo ops.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:11 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Is this what Swachh Bharat about?
ya, of course? what is it to you? is it limited to only taking the broom and sweeping the streets? Many of my friends back in India got inspired by it and decluttered their homes. I am yet to do mine. will have to do it by the end of the hols. inspiration: the spirit of swachh bharat! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Haha Kinny, India's problem is not bits of paper and trash. The real problem is the absence of toilets, which forces 58% of your former compatriots take a dump in the open. Why are there no toilets? Because there's no water supply or sewage lines. And *that* root cause is not being funded by the Swacch Bharat photo ops.
And Modi is the first PM who recognised and addressed the issue on his first independence day speech. No dynastic leader born with a golden spoon even recognised it as a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:37 am

Kinnera wrote:
And Modi is the first PM who recognised and addressed the issue on his first independence day speech. No dynastic leader born with a golden spoon even recognised it as a problem.
Nope. Sanitation initiative began in the late '80s, in fact the sanitation program led by the previous NDA government turned out to be a total dud, so no point getting all excited about swachh bharat.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:36 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Nope. Sanitation initiative began in the late '80s, in fact the sanitation program led by the previous NDA government turned out to be a total dud, so no point getting all excited about swachh bharat.
Not true cD. Earlier programs are minor political or bureaucratic projects.  This is the first time a PM launched a program with high priority. Modi put his prestige behind it. It is not a mere anti open defecation  program either. As I said before it is primarily to involve average indian in keeping his/her surroundings. 

Stop making bombastic statements that have no basis in fact.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 am

"herd Mentality"

which herds are you talking about?

The herds that gather for odarpu yatra?

Those who are paid Rs. 1000 per day and transported in trucks to Rahul Gandhi's meetings?

Or are you talking about the old city voters who mindlessly elect lumpen elements to electoral bodies just because they belong to their islamic faith? 

or are we discussing the journo mob that tried to derail modi's campaign in 2014?

Oh there is another herd that failed to see the emerging changes in Indian people in 2014 and is currently in rehab for unlimited stress. 

Which one are we going to discuss?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:27 am

truthbetold wrote:CD

getting a particular street is not an end itself. What is important is the impact on people..

Your capacity for wise statements is truly staggering. So why don't you educate us (in less than 500 words) the impact of SwaBhaA on people? Has your second cousin in Amalapuram stopped pooping by the railway lines?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:15 am

"Has your second cousin in Amalapuram stopped pooping by the railway lines?"

Md

how stupid can you be?  I can say similar things? what does that prove?

Read the thread before making other requests.

If you have guts, come up with logical relevant arguments. Otherwise you are just a educated idiot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:25 am

truthbetold wrote:"Has your second cousin in Amalapuram stopped pooping by the railway lines?"

Md

If you have guts, come up with logical relevant arguments. Otherwise you are just a educated idiot.

I asked you a koschen. From your response, I gather you have nothing by way of answer. As expected.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:"Has your second cousin in Amalapuram stopped pooping by the railway lines?"

Md

I asked you a koschen. From your response, I gather you have nothing by way of answer. As expected.
Md

your arrogance does not allow you to see what is before. But then what is new.  Educated idiot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:50 am

truthbetold wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Md

Md

your arrogance does not allow you to see what is before. But then what is new.  Educated idiot.

Sure. Sitting ten thousand miles away, you see far more than I can see in front of me here. Yup, that makes a lot of sense. Just like everything else you spout.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:01 am

As a part of the "swatchh Bharat" campaign and even to create more interest in it, the Govt. of India should probably introduce annual prizes / awards to a village / town in each state deemed as the most "swatchh" (clean) during the year.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Mouth Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:05 am

Why will YOU care? You are satisfied until Jagan's rear is clean so that you can admire it all day long.

Motor_Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next