Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carnatic music lovers

2 posters

Go down

carnatic music lovers Empty carnatic music lovers

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm

i've posted a few small excerpts of abhishek raghuram's music. here is an absolutely spellbinding full length concert:

opinions?

don't think i can listen to another mohanam after this definitive RTP.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

carnatic music lovers Empty Re: carnatic music lovers

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 pm

He did a mesmerizing 'Mokshamu galadha' in Marghazhi mahotsvam Jaya TV this year. He has come a long long way. it's absolutely ecstatic; however, max, to me it looked like he did that more in BMK's style. I haven't had a chance to relisten & confirm that. If I sensed it right, then I am awed at abhishek's diversity. I had meant to write this some time ago goaded by your recent posts but thought I would wait till get the youtube version of it, but then it looks like tonight ''dalwhiinnie 15 " got the better out of me it seems:)

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:39 am

garam_kuta wrote:He did a mesmerizing 'Mokshamu galadha' in Marghazhi mahotsvam Jaya TV this year. He has come a long long way. it's absolutely ecstatic; however, max, to me it looked like he did that more in BMK's style. I haven't had a chance to relisten & confirm that. If I sensed it right, then I am awed at abhishek's diversity.  I had meant to write this some time ago goaded by your recent posts but thought I would wait till  get the youtube version of it,  but then it looks like tonight ''dalwhiinnie 15 " got the better out of me it seems:)

i posted a link to another concert from jaya tv where he did a lalgudi themed concert. there were portions of it where he was doing some fairly complicated rhythmic stuff that was very reminescent of TNS. he is still developing and hasn't hit a peak. i hope he doesn't for a long time. but he is going to be a huge presence in the coming years and decades for sure. when he was younger he learned mridangam from thatha raghu himself. so that's given him a formidable grasp of laya.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down