Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning music on your own (esp Carnatic music thru Piano)? Any experiences?

2 posters

Go down

Learning music on your own (esp Carnatic music thru Piano)? Any experiences? Empty Learning music on your own (esp Carnatic music thru Piano)? Any experiences?

Post by FluteHolder Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Anyone attempted to learn music esp Carnatic music on their own? With the help of books/theory and youtube videos?

Has anyone tried before and how far they could learn?

I just bought a piano for kids and it is interesting there are quite a few good videos on learning the piano (western).
My younger one on first day started playing with one finger now moved on to multiple fingers and he thinks he is a rockstar!

Trying to see whether I can learn Carnatic thru Piano.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Learning music on your own (esp Carnatic music thru Piano)? Any experiences? Empty Re: Learning music on your own (esp Carnatic music thru Piano)? Any experiences?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:56 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Anyone attempted to learn music esp Carnatic music on their own? With the help of books/theory and youtube videos?

Has anyone tried before and how far they could learn?

I just bought a piano for kids and it is interesting there are quite a few good videos on learning the piano (western).
My younger one on first day started playing with one finger now moved on to multiple fingers and he thinks he is a rockstar!

Trying to see whether I can learn Carnatic thru Piano.

If I remember right PI learnt on her own, and I could see that she has indeed learnt enough to discuss on posts.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down