Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop Being Indian-American!?!

Go down

Stop Being Indian-American!?! Empty Stop Being Indian-American!?!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:31 pm

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6519042

Listen up, immigrants of Indian origin! Y'all close down all the Indian grocery stores and restaurants in the United States. Stop watching those mushy, melodramatic Bollywood movies on American soil. No need to subscribe to those Indian TV channels, or follow Indian media. Playing Indian music at home that you grew up on? Shame on you! You are now an American! You must sever all ties to your roots, traditions and heritage!

Absurd? But that is precisely what Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal recently suggested. In a prepared statement obtained by POLITICO, which (at the time of this writing) was scheduled to be delivered at the conservative Henry Jackson Society in London, Jindal states:

"I do not believe in hyphenated Americans." The statement further quotes him as saying, "My dad and mom told my brother and me that we came to America to be Americans -- not Indian-Americans." And, "If we wanted to be Indians, we would have stayed in India."

The fact that Jindal tries his level best to amputate his Indian identity in service of his naked political ambition is old news to those who have followed him. And yet, the above comments are outrageous, even by his standards.

Back to top Go down

Stop Being Indian-American!?! Empty Re: Stop Being Indian-American!?!

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6519042

Listen up, immigrants of Indian origin! Y'all close down all the Indian grocery stores and restaurants in the United States. Stop watching those mushy, melodramatic Bollywood movies on American soil. No need to subscribe to those Indian TV channels, or follow Indian media. Playing Indian music at home that you grew up on? Shame on you! You are now an American! You must sever all ties to your roots, traditions and heritage!

Absurd? But that is precisely what Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal recently suggested. In a prepared statement obtained by POLITICO, which (at the time of this writing) was scheduled to be delivered at the conservative Henry Jackson Society in London, Jindal states:

"I do not believe in hyphenated Americans." The statement further quotes him as saying, "My dad and mom told my brother and me that we came to America to be Americans -- not Indian-Americans." And, "If we wanted to be Indians, we would have stayed in India."

The fact that Jindal tries his level best to amputate his Indian identity in service of his naked political ambition is old news to those who have followed him. And yet, the above comments are outrageous, even by his standards.

He just was not brave (enough) to openly say "Stop being Muslim-Americans" and stop practicing your koranic/Jehadi cultural/religious/lifestyle in America. Throw out your Burqa and get into your bikinis and become true Americans. Convert to Christianity to prove that you are truly Americanized.

That is the essence of his talk.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6519042

Their mom and dad got what they preached their kids!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down