Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sridevi at 16...

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kris
6 posters

Go down

Sridevi at 16... Empty Sridevi at 16...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:20 pm

....wondering who/how her husband is going to be (sighO@Boney Kapoor) in the movie Padaharella Vayasu (Sweet Sixteen. She was exactly 16 too). Nice movie!

Back to top Go down

Sridevi at 16... Empty Re: Sridevi at 16...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:35 pm

One more beautiful song from a Bharathiraja movie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 pm

One more beautiful one....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Kinnera wrote:....wondering who/how her husband is going to be (sighO@Boney Kapoor) in the movie Padaharella Vayasu (Sweet Sixteen. She was exactly 16 too). Nice movie!

>>>Looks about 20. They may have fudged the age. How old is she now? I am guessing 50?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:....wondering who/how her husband is going to be (sighO@Boney Kapoor) in the movie Padaharella Vayasu (Sweet Sixteen. She was exactly 16 too). Nice movie!
>>>Looks about 20. They may have fudged the age. How old is she now? I am guessing 50?
Ya, she does look older than her age maybe because of her weight. She's 51 now (just checked). It's a 1978 movie. She was born in 1963. So, must be younger than 16 actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Kris wrote:

Take a look at Lakshmi Menon - who has already won several awards and acted with leading heros - she does not do dance and running scenes.....- and guess her age (dont google - just her images).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:02 am

sridevi is so beautiful. she's half-telugu.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Do they even make any original movies or songs in telegu or is everything copied from tamil?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Veeu wrote:Do they even make any original movies or songs in telegu or is everything copied from tamil?

Looks like you are heavily influenced by DK-philosophy. Don't let it get to your head!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Veeu wrote:Do they even make any original movies or songs in telegu or is everything copied from tamil?

Looks like you are heavily influenced by DK-philosophy. Don't let it get to your head!
There's nothing wrong with my head. Look at all the songs posted here. The only song of non-tamil origin is the fat old man jumping around a girl who could be his granddaughter.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Veeu wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

There's nothing wrong with my head. Look at all the songs posted here. The only song of non-tamil origin is  the fat old man jumping around a girl who could be his granddaughter.
The noble quality of telugus which you tamil narrow minded fanatics should adopt is that telugus embrace anything good irrespective of the language or region it is coming from. And telugus don't brag about the greatness of telugus when someone borrows something from them.

The songs that i posted above were from Bharathiraja's movies. Want to see the original telugu classics that tamilians adopted? Here are some:

ur

Now go back to your hole...

PS: Sorry, Vids. Couldn't resist Crying or Very sad . I gotta try harder next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:14 am

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

There's nothing wrong with my head. Look at all the songs posted here. The only song of non-tamil origin is  the fat old man jumping around a girl who could be his granddaughter.
The noble quality of telugus which you tamil narrow minded fanatics should adopt is that telugus embrace anything good irrespective of the language or region it is coming from. And telugus don't brag about the greatness of telugus when someone borrows something from them.

PS: Sorry, Vids. Couldn't resist Crying or Very sad . I gotta try harder next time.

Let me add a few more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qONTssMkGAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VOabKIWiF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZCHsIegkaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLei8Z3mXrY

LOL

LOL.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 am

Here is a composition by a Telugu guy from the 18th century being played by another Telugu guy (many Tamil guys play this and make a living):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQIl3Y245gk

Here is another composition by a Telugu guy from the 18th century being sung by several Tamil guys (many of them became prosperous singing his songs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rsI17n6i3E

Here is a composition by a Telugu guy from the 15th century and put to music by another another Telugu fellow and sung by a Tamil woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2BuosmFHk

Here is a Tamil guy eating Telugu words while singing and Telugus don't complain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg5gCtfrHfM

LOL

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:23 am

Enough, VP. Let's not brag anymore and become like those narrow minded fanatics. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:10 am

I agree. We all love the music and share the culture.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

The songs that i posted above were from Bharathiraja's movies. Want to see the original telugu classics that tamilians adopted? Here are some:

ur

I was about to congratulate you for finding 3-4 songs out of millions that were not copied from tamil.
But then I noticed that some of them were by Ilayaraja and Mahadevan and started LOLLLLLLLing.

Kinnera wrote:

Who is Vids? And why do you feel sorry for him?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Veeu wrote:I was about to congratulate you for finding 3-4 songs out of millions that were not copied from tamil.
But then I noticed that some of them were by Ilayaraja and Mahadevan and started LOLLLLLLLing.

>>>>> Bwaahaa ha ha! Is that the best come back you could come up with? Out of a zillion telugu movies, millions is just a fraction. Telugu movie industry makes more movies than bollywood, btw. So, yeah. your millions is nothing. Until recently, Tamil movie industry depended on three main singers: S.P Balasubramaniam, P. Suseela, S. Janaki. Without those three telugus singing tamil songs, where would be your tamilian industry had been? Even the small singers like Jikki and A.M Raja were telugus.

how many tamil keerthanas are there in the traditional Carnatic music, btw? LOL!! They are trying to frantically add some now. Good luck with that! LOLLLLLL!!! (in your style Razz)
Kinnera wrote:

Who is Vids? And why do you feel sorry for him?

>>>> none of your business.

PS: i don't want to stoop to your level anymore. Enough from me! As always, EOD.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:32 pm

[quote="Kinnera"]
Veeu wrote:I was about to congratulate you for finding 3-4 songs out of millions that were not copied from tamil.

>>>>> Bwaahaa ha ha! Is that the best come back you could come up with? Out of a zillion telugu movies, millions is just a fraction. Telugu movie industry makes more movies than bollywood, btw. So, yeah. your millions is nothing. Until recently, Tamil movie industry depended on three main singers: S.P Balasubramaniam, P. Suseela, S. Janaki. Without those three telugus singing tamil songs, where would be your tamilian industry had been? Even the small singers like Jikki and A.M Raja were telugus.

Apparently, you don't get sarcasm and humor too well. The Congratulations were actually the tongue-in-cheek kind. And you go in tangent talking about millions and zillions.

Kinnera wrote:
PS: i don't want to stoop to your level anymore. Enough from me! As always, EOD.
I don't want to talk to people not smart enough to detect sarcasm either.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

ur

yeah....all these during the last 10 years.

BTW, when those oldie songs came there was no gult land and they all lived in madras as Tamilans.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

BTW, when those oldie songs came there was no gult land and they all lived in madras as Tamilans.
not last 10 yrs. From the time telugu industry moved to Hyderabad and established itself firmly there.

Only Missamma was a movie made a year prior to 1956. Prior to that, Telugus were dominant in madras. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm

[quote="Veeu"]
Kinnera wrote:

Apparently, you don't get sarcasm and humor too well. The Congratulations were actually the tongue-in-cheek kind. And you go in tangent talking about millions and zillions.

Kinnera wrote:

Also, I asked about that Vids guy only because you mentioned it in your reply.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Veeu wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I didn't even notice your congratulations. Thanks anyway.

Kinnera wrote:

>>>>>>ho ho ho! one more self proclaimed smarty pants. We are in no dearth of such peeps here: the empty vessels without substance, but with a lot of complexes. LOL!

Also, I asked about that Vids guy only because you mentioned it in your reply.

>>>>>>>As long as you are not the Vids guy, you don't need to worry about it. So just chill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:59 pm

btw Vee-u, here's something from non-fanatical tamilians (the ingratiators (sic) according to you guys. LOL!).

https://such.forumotion.com/t30209-sankar-mahadevan-a-r-rahman-etc-paying-tribute-to#192317

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Kinnera wrote:btw Vee-u, here's something from non-fanatical tamilians (the ingratiators (sic) according to you guys. LOL!).

https://such.forumotion.com/t30209-sankar-mahadevan-a-r-rahman-etc-paying-tribute-to#192317

You need to understand two things.
Number One, The meaning of EOD.
Two, the difference between a tribute and showing somebody up. They were trying the latter.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:btw Vee-u, here's something from non-fanatical tamilians (the ingratiators (sic) according to you guys. LOL!).

Two, the difference between a tribute and showing somebody up. They were trying the latter.
You need to understand two things:
1. When one says EOD, you don't go on and on and force the other to respond. That too with some lame points. Not courteous at all.
2. Oh..your fanatical mind only sees that they were showing up? LOL! You couldn't see the respect they had for her? /it shows how smart you are. LOL! btw, Search for Sankar Mahadevan's songs. He's a pretty awesome singer.Learn to appreciate his songs even if they are in Hindi.

PS: come back only if you have anything intelligent or interesting to say. Else, ST*U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

not last 10 yrs. From the time telugu industry moved to Hyderabad and established itself firmly there.

Only Missamma was a movie made a year prior to 1956. Prior to that, Telugus were ALL TAMILANS and dominant in madras. Wink

**FIXED**

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:

You need to understand two things:
1. When one says EOD, you don't go on and on and force the other to respond. That too with some lame points. Not courteous at all.
You seem to have problems recognizing reality too apart from sarcasm.
People who want EOD, don't gratuitously post unrelated youtube links to prolong the discussion.

Kinnera wrote:
2. Oh..your fanatical mind only sees that they were showing up? LOL! You couldn't see the respect they had for her? /it shows how smart you are. LOL! btw, Search for Sankar Mahadevan's songs. He's a pretty awesome singer.Learn to appreciate his songs even if they are in Hindi.

PS: come back only if you have anything intelligent or interesting to say. Else, ST*U.
You weren't smart enough to detect sarcasm in my congratulations above. So, I wouldn't expect you to get the fact that they were showing how great songs were ruined by a particularly shrill voice.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Veeu is the likely handle of an iit guy who cannot reason.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Veeu wrote:You weren't smart enough to detect sarcasm in my congratulations above. So, I wouldn't expect you to get the fact that they were showing how great songs were ruined by a particularly shrill voice.
What's your IQ again? Srsly! Go above and read the whole thread again. No wait..let me explain to your pea brain. I'll take this as some kind of social service. Let me make this as simple as possible to you:
1. I recently watched a bharathiraja movie, got nostalgic about his pix and so posted some Bharathiraja movie songs which i like.
2. To that, your comment was, 'Do they even make any original movies or songs in telegu or is everything copied from tamil?'
3. Then i posted some telugu movies that were copied into tamil. Those were not just ordinary super hit movies. Some are considered all time classics.
4. Your response, 'I was about to congratulate you for finding 3-4 songs out of millions that were not copied from tamil.' Yeah! great great sarcasm there! LOL! My response 'Out of a zillion telugu movies, millions is just a fraction. Telugu movie industry makes more movies than bollywood, btw. So, yeah. your millions is nothing.' You fool didn't get my pooh-poohing of your sarcasm there.
5. And you fool came back with a 'Apparently, you don't get sarcasm and humor too well. The Congratulations were actually the tongue-in-cheek kind. And you go in tangent talking about millions and zillions.'
6.My response: 'I didn't even notice your congratulations. Thanks anyway.' You still don't catch me mocking at you.
7. Again, your response: You weren't smart enough to detect sarcasm in my congratulations above.

PS: Stop making a fool of yourself again and again.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:Veeu is the likely handle of an iit guy who cannot reason.
And your likely thinking is that truth must not be told when it comes to telugu songs.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:You weren't smart enough to detect sarcasm in my congratulations above. So, I wouldn't expect you to get the fact that they were showing how great songs were ruined by a particularly shrill voice.
What's your IQ again? Srsly! Go above and read the whole thread again. No wait..let me explain to your pea brain. I'll take this as some kind of social service. Let me make this as simple as possible to you:
1. I recently watched a bharathiraja movie, got nostalgic about his pix and so posted some Bharathiraja movie songs which i like.
2. To that, your comment was, 'Do they even make any original movies or songs in telegu or is everything copied from tamil?'
3. Then i posted some telugu movies that were copied into tamil. Those were not just ordinary super hit movies. Some are considered all time classics.
4. Your response, 'I was about to congratulate you for finding 3-4 songs out of millions that were not copied from tamil.' Yeah! great great sarcasm there! LOL! My response 'Out of a zillion telugu movies, millions is just a fraction. Telugu movie industry makes more movies than bollywood, btw. So, yeah. your millions is nothing.' You fool didn't get my pooh-poohing of your sarcasm there.
5. And you fool came back with a 'Apparently, you don't get sarcasm and humor too well. The Congratulations were actually the tongue-in-cheek kind. And you go in tangent talking about millions and zillions.'
6.My response: 'I didn't even notice your congratulations. Thanks anyway.' You still don't catch me mocking at you.
7. Again, your response: You weren't smart enough to detect sarcasm in my congratulations above.

Thanks for making a fool of yourself again and again and totally missing all the relevant points.

Last edited by Veeu on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Thanks for making a fool of yourself again and again and totally missing all the relevant points.
Know about what you are talking before making 'all the relevant points.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Just leave it. ఎలుక తోక తెచ్చి ఎందాక ఉతికినా నలుపు నలుపేగాని తెలుపు రాదు..........

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Just leave it.  ఎలుక తోక తెచ్చి ఎందాక ఉతికినా నలుపు నలుపేగాని తెలుపు రాదు..........
అవును. వీడు ఒరిగీనల్ వీ గాడు అనుకుంట. ఫిచ్చి వెధవ.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Veeu wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Just leave it.  ఎలుక తోక తెచ్చి ఎందాక ఉతికినా నలుపు నలుపేగాని తెలుపు రాదు..........
అవును. వీడు ఒరిగీనల్ వీ గాడు అనుకుంట. ఫిచ్చి వెధవ.
https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/%E0%B0%85%E0%B0%B5%E0%B1%81%E0%B0%A8%E0%B1%81.%20%E0%B0%B5%E0%B1%80%E0%B0%A1%E0%B1%81%20%E0%B0%92%E0%B0%B0%E0%B0%BF%E0%B0%97%E0%B1%80%E0%B0%A8%E0%B0%B2%E0%B1%8D%20%E0%B0%B5%E0%B1%80%20%E0%B0%97%E0%B0%BE%E0%B0%A1%E0%B1%81%20%E0%B0%85%E0%B0%A8%E0%B1%81%E0%B0%95%E0%B1%81%E0%B0%82%E0%B0%9F.%20%E0%B0%AB%E0%B0%BF%E0%B0%9A%E0%B1%8D%E0%B0%9A%E0%B0%BF%20%E0%B0%B5%E0%B1%86%E0%B0%A7%E0%B0%B5 -> Yes. I guess the wee kitty original signal. Fitch blighter.

nee moukham

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down