Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

holi

+4
southindian
Seva Lamberdar
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

holi Empty holi

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:46 pm

have a happy one ... all white here.

Back to top Go down

holi Empty Re: holi

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 pm

happy holi basanti! enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 pm

let's stir the such pot a bit - 

holi Photo213

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:44 pm

tingu wrote:let's stir the such pot a bit - 

holi Photo213
Only girls get to play Holi in naarth India and USA? In Bangalore, usually both boys and girls get to play together, however, this year they're worried of moral chaddi police coming after them so they've decided not to.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

holi Photo213
Only girls get to play Holi in naarth India and USA? 

lol. actually holi is a harvest festival (advent of basant ritu or season) because it's celebration  long predates the time of the "holika" lore for which it is celebrated in north. in bengal it is called  dol and is celebrated in honour of lord krishna. 

In Bangalore, usually both boys and girls get to play together, however, this year they're worried of moral chaddi police coming after them so they've decided not to.

totally agree with you. these chaddis are getting annoying! it's safer to be a cow than a woman in mumbai. if you are caught possessing beef - 5 years imprisonment; teasing women - 2 years. ridiculous! vegetarians dictating what non vegetarians can eat! modi stock is gradually diminishing in my books unless he takes some bold initiatives to revive economy quick. ok, let's give him 6 more months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:43 am

tingu wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

holi Photo213
Only girls get to play Holi in naarth India and USA? 

lol. actually holi is a harvest festival (advent of basant ritu or season) because it's celebration  long predates the time of the "holika" lore for which it is celebrated in north. in bengal it is called  dol and is celebrated in honour of lord krishna. 

In Bangalore, usually both boys and girls get to play together, however, this year they're worried of moral chaddi police coming after them so they've decided not to.

totally agree with you. these chaddis are getting annoying! it's safer to be a cow than a woman in mumbai. if you are caught possessing beef - 5 years imprisonment; teasing women - 2 years. ridiculous! vegetarians dictating what non vegetarians can eat! modi stock is gradually diminishing in my books unless he takes some bold initiatives to revive economy quick. ok, let's give him 6 more months.

my, about 20% of the rape candidates in the delhi photo look almost fetching..which is much higher than national average.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 am

Happy Holi all.
Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:17 am

When is it?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:26 am

Biggest holi in US. Yeah, of all the places, it's in the Mormon state of Utah. Celebrated by around 1 lakh ppl there. It's pretty spectacular! Gotta watch it!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=352539904882176

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 am

http://m.huffpost.com/in/entry/6807164

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:53 am

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/south-asia/pak-students-act-as-human-shield-for-hindus-celebrating-holi/article6966472.ece?homepage=true&utm_source=MostPopular&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=WidgetPromo
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:59 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/south-asia/pak-students-act-as-human-shield-for-hindus-celebrating-holi/article6966472.ece?homepage=true&utm_source=MostPopular&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=WidgetPromo

read this yesterday and posted in my school friends' group in whatsapp. a voice rose in unison to the effect that that it is too little to late. i fought valiantly and cited there were 30k sikhs in kabul using wikipedia as a weapon. i got gobsmacked by a bbc link a kashmiri hindu posted that indicated that they were fleeing kabul -- http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29062770

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 am

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/06/390973373/for-india-s-widows-a-riot-of-color-an-act-of-liberation

a comment in the comments section echoes my thoughts:

Hailing from the south of India, Holi meant very little to me (other than shameful random groping stories by sexually oppressed men on holi day). This article is beautiful and it touched my heart in a special way! The best reason for a bunch of people to welcome spring, that too with vibrant colors! Happy holi indeed.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/south-asia/pak-students-act-as-human-shield-for-hindus-celebrating-holi/article6966472.ece?homepage=true&utm_source=MostPopular&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=WidgetPromo
Why should they even require protection in the first place?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:10 am

Kinnera wrote:

looks like you don't follow the news. because it's a country filled with terrorists who want to destroy anyone who doesn't have the exact same worldview as themselves. and that includes other muslims, leftist politicians, cricketers from other countries, and young girls who want to be educated. hindus are a subset of a large section of humanity they'd rather see dead.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.npr.org/2015/03/06/390973373/for-india-s-widows-a-riot-of-color-an-act-of-liberation

a comment in the comments section echoes my thoughts:

Hailing from the south of India, Holi meant very little to me (other than shameful random groping stories by sexually oppressed men on holi day). This article is beautiful and it touched my heart in a special way! The best reason for a bunch of people to welcome spring, that too with vibrant colors! Happy holi indeed.
That's older generation. Holi is being celebrated with much enthusiasm in Chennai too and it's catching up year after year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

looks like you don't follow the news. because it's a country filled with terrorists who want to destroy anyone who doesn't have the exact same worldview as themselves. and that includes other muslims, leftist politicians, cricketers from other countries, and young girls who want to be educated. hindus are a subset of a large section of humanity they'd rather see dead.
Ya and what ideology causes such hatred for the 'other'? That's what ppl have been talking against on these forums, while some get so offended by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 am

i "played" holi in southern india a few years ago. your clothes get wet and dirty and strangers have very few inhibitions and try to touch your face.

actually i'm surprised people in india play this game: it means people of other castes and classes are touching you. indians don't like this kind of thing, typically.

anyhow, if you plan to send your kids to india at this time of the year make sure you test them for allergies and also make sure that if they have asthma they stay indoors. i'm sure these dyes and powders are no fda-approved.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 am

pravalika nanda wrote:i "played" holi in southern india a few years ago. your clothes get wet and dirty and strangers have very few inhibitions and try to touch your face.

actually i'm surprised people in india play this game: it means people of other castes and classes are touching you. indians don't like this kind of thing, typically.

anyhow, if you plan to send your kids to india at this time of the year make sure you test them for allergies and also make sure that if they have asthma they stay indoors. i'm sure these dyes and powders are no fda-approved.

my kids don't go to india alone ever. i don't plan on letting them go by themselves until they are full grown adults. it's no place for girl children. yeah i know i am coddling them and i am perfectly fine with that.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 am

also during holi everyone does drugs and rapes are rampant during that time. another reason to keep an eye on you kids and wife and even yourself.

i really don't seen any reason to encourage the celebration of holi in southern india.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:i "played" holi in southern india a few years ago. your clothes get wet and dirty and strangers have very few inhibitions and try to touch your face.

my kids don't go to india alone ever. i don't plan on letting them go by themselves until they are full grown adults. it's no place for girl children. yeah i know i am coddling them and i am perfectly fine with that.

when we were kids my parents used to send my sis and i together for vacations and someone would pick us up right away. the only time we were alone was on the plane actually. After reaching adulthood, my trips to India were for weddings and I've always stayed in hotels while my parents used to live in their house in India. This was because the toilet was the squatting style toilet and I couldn't use that. Now they've upgraded to the normal toilet but I've gotten so used to the privacy of living in a hotel without having to deal with the throngs of people that come to visit dad from the village. I usually have breakfast/brunch in the hotel and take a  car to their house which is about 20 mins away. I sometimes get something for them but mostly I lunch with them and tag along with them until it is time to sleep.

if i was not getting along with them or if i they tried to make me go to some event i wasn't interested in, i used to sneak off to Bangalore on the first flight out to go shop and eat there. I'd call them after reaching Bangalore to let them know i couldn't make it to the event.

Right now I am way too scared to live in the hotel by mself - it is a taj, it is so freakin old, the place looks like home - it's not flashy at all, I've been there since i was a teen, the people there are polite, but mentally i have it in my mind that everyone's out to grope, rape, or steal, or harass me in some way in india. i am too afraid to go the beach by myself or stay out late. until nirbhaya happened i used to stay out till midnight if i was by myself and if i was with someone else particularly when i was in my mom and dad's place which was basically university quarters we would not return home until 2am because during the holidays everyone hung out in the playground till the wee hours of the morning.

now, i don't trust anybody.

for one thing, apparently this happened to one of my cousins: she was in an auto and the auto driver told her to remove her blouse.

and this happened to my sister/cousin - but thiw was in NYC: after she reached her destination, the guy told she needn't pay, he would pay her - and he gave her 140 dollars and his cell phone and said he'd like to date her.

anyhow, india scares me. it's not a safe place for any middle class woman.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I thought you said south india is a perfect haven for girls and women and that molestations and gropings don't happen to them in public places, that your cousins traveled in public buses, but never complained coz such things nvr happened to them, and that all those happen only in north india etc. What changed now?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:09 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I thought you said south india is a perfect haven for girls and women and that molestations and gropings don't happen to them in public places, that your cousins traveled in public buses, but never complained coz such things nvr happened to them, and that all those happen only in north india etc. What changed now?

don't ever remember saying that. don't misquote me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:10 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Hello? Hello? Hello? You really don't remember suggesting that?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:13 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i never said anything like that, but given your unique leaps of logic, who knows what you inferred from my writings!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:16 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

when we were kids my parents used to send my sis and i together for vacations and someone would pick us up right away. the only time we were alone was on the plane actually. After reaching adulthood, my trips to India were for weddings and I've always stayed in hotels while my parents used to live in their house in India. This was because the toilet was the squatting style toilet and I couldn't use that. Now they've upgraded to the normal toilet but I've gotten so used to the privacy of living in a hotel without having to deal with the throngs of people that come to visit dad from the village. I usually have breakfast/brunch in the hotel and take a  car to their house which is about 20 mins away. I sometimes get something for them but mostly I lunch with them and tag along with them until it is time to sleep.

if i was not getting along with them or if i they tried to make me go to some event i wasn't interested in, i used to sneak off to Bangalore on the first flight out to go shop and eat there. I'd call them after reaching Bangalore to let them know i couldn't make it to the event.

Right now I am way too scared to live in the hotel by mself - it is a taj, it is so freakin old, the place looks like home - it's not flashy at all, I've been there since i was a teen, the people there are polite, but mentally i have it in my mind that everyone's out to grope, rape, or steal, or harass me in some way in india. i am too afraid to go the beach by myself or stay out late. until nirbhaya happened i used to stay out till midnight if i was by myself and if i was with someone else particularly when i was in my mom and dad's place which was basically university quarters we would not return home until 2am because during the holidays everyone hung out in the playground till the wee hours of the morning.

now, i don't trust anybody.

for one thing, apparently this happened to one of my cousins: she was in an auto and the auto driver told her to remove her blouse.

and this happened to my sister/cousin - but *this was in NYC: after she reached her destination, the guy told *her she needn't pay, he would pay her - and he gave her 140 dollars and his cell phone and said he'd like to date her.

anyhow, india scares me. it's not a safe place for any middle class woman.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i never said anything like that, but given your unique leaps of logic, who knows what you inferred from my writings!
Really? You don't r'ber giving examples of your cousins traveling in public buses, who nvr complained about such things, did you not say that groping and such don't happen in the south. I came down heavily on you over this. Did you not say that such things happen in the north, not in the south? Don't play a different card now.

Last edited by Kinnera on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

looks like you don't follow the news.
because it's a country filled with terrorists who want to destroy anyone who doesn't have the exact same worldview as themselves. and that includes other muslims, leftist politicians, cricketers from other countries, and young girls who want to be educated. hindus are a subset of a large section of humanity they'd rather see dead.

For instant news follow SuCH forumr

Since you would not post in any thread that criticizes muslims...I am reposting here....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

looks like you don't follow the news.
because it's a country filled with terrorists who want to destroy anyone who doesn't have the exact same worldview as themselves. and that includes other muslims, leftist politicians, cricketers from other countries, and young girls who want to be educated. hindus are a subset of a large section of humanity they'd rather see dead.

For instant news follow SuCH forumr

Since you would not post in any thread that criticizes muslims...I am reposting here....Razz

what the hell, yo! this thread is already complicated as it is.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:29 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Most parents would not send their younger girl children to a foreign country by themselves.  India poses a slightly higher risk than few other countries but the specific risk exists in all countries.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

That is what Nirbhaya criminals AND their lawyers also say.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Really? You don't r'ber giving examples of your cousins traveling in public buses, who nvr complained about such things, did you not say that groping and such don't happen in the south. I came down heavily on you over this. Did you not say that such things happen in the north, not in the south? Don't play a different card now.

what i have said is that in the years that i lived in india, such things were more frequent in the north than in the south. that is not the same thing as claiming that southern india is a "haven for women".  you and i have a fair bit of mutual contempt, but i don't misquote and mischaracterize what you say. please show me the same consideration.

it's possible things are different now. i haven't lived in india on a continuous basis for more than twenty years.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:54 am

advantages of having all oldies on forums.... most of us forget what we said, and most of us don't feel motivated to go google and correct...

i love 40s!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:57 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

what i have said is that in the years that i lived in india, such things were more frequent in the north than in the south. that is not the same thing as claiming that southern india is a "haven for women".  you and i have a fair bit of mutual contempt, but i don't misquote and mischaracterize what you say. please show me the same consideration.

it's possible things are different now. i haven't lived in india on a continuous basis for more than twenty years.
I can never forget what you said. It's a very touchy subject for me. I was bewildered at the way you were making it into a north indian issue (you do the same with female infanticides, as if such things nvr happen in the south) and were saying that such things don't happen in the south (more specifically, groping of women in public places and transportation). You gave the examples of your cousins taking public transportation, but who never complained (who'd expect women to go around telling others abt their gropings. duh!). I gave my own experiences and even quoted what the heroine says about such things in the tamil movie, Anniyan (to quash your argument that such things aren't common in the south) and challenged you to send your daughter alone in the public buses and locals in chennai.

Anyway, i rest my case here.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I can never forget what you said. It's a very touchy subject for me. I was bewildered at the way you were making it into a north indian issue (you do the same with female infanticides, as if such things nvr happen in the south) and were saying that such things don't happen in the south (more specifically, groping of women in public places and transportation). You gave the examples of your cousins taking public transportation, but who never complained (who'd expect women to go around telling others abt their gropings. duh!). I gave my own experiences and even quoted what the heroine says about such things in the tamil movie, Anniyan (to quash your argument that such things aren't common in the south) and challenged you to send your daughter alone in the public buses and locals in chennai.

absolutist statements are something that i have never made and never intend to make. the bolded statement is your inference and not something i have said. as for infanticide, there are well reported, researched statistical data available, your sensitivity notwithstanding. it's not something i made up. i have no intention of rehashing all that, but i have seen no specific reason to change my opinion about any of that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:advantages of having all oldies on forums.... most of us forget what we said, and most of us don't feel motivated to go google and correct...

i love 40s!!!

please google and correct and help your friend out. she helps you quite a bit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

absolutist statements are something that i have never made and never intend to make.  the bolded statement is your inference and not something i have said. as for infanticide, there are well reported, researched statistical data available, your sensitivity notwithstanding.  it's not something i made up.  i have no intention of rehashing all that, but i have seen no specific reason to change my opinion about any of that.
IF anyone is touched by the problems (female infanticides or atrocities against women), and the focus is only on the problems, then one would be sensitive to even the slightest occurrence of it anywhere. One doesn't use it in their agenda to bash  specific group of people who one can't stand. The problems occur in your own backyard too, though maybe to a lesser degree, but a problem is a problem. You don't play a blind eye to what goes on in your own place and be in denial. That's grave injustice to the women and girls of the south. Very enraging!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:advantages of having all oldies on forums.... most of us forget what we said, and most of us don't feel motivated to go google and correct...

i love 40s!!!

My memory is stellar. Yours is doubtful. Work on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

i usually don't like anyone telling me what to do with my friends or my enemies. Regarding kinnera, she fights her own convictions, and doesn't post here to 'help me'. Hope you give her that much respect.

back to the topic...

I do remember you saying how none of your cousins faced groping/molestation/or whatever it was in madras buses, and I think you said you had asked them about it. so, forget google. let's start with that.. have you said that or not? Also, kinnera has quoted this statement of yours time and time again, you never corrected her. So it's safe to assume you made that statement.

Now, if you have said that, try to think in what context it was, and what were you implying to say back then... I do remember quite a few SI women had posted to correct you and said that public transportation in SI is not as safe as you are trying to tell (even back when you lived in SI).

When you had made that statement, and people jumped on you, you made no caveat like you are making now. If you did, then i stand corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

i usually don't like anyone telling me what to do with my friends or my enemies. Regarding kinnera, she fights her own convictions, and doesn't post here to 'help me'. Hope you give her that much respect.

back to the topic...

I do remember you saying how none of your cousins faced groping/molestation/or whatever it was in madras buses, and I think you said you had asked them about it. so, forget google. let's start with that.. have you said that or not? Also, kinnera has quoted this statement of yours time and time again, you never corrected her. So it's safe to assume you made that statement.

Now, if you have said that, try to think in what context it was, and what were you implying to say back then... I do remember quite a few SI women had posted to correct you and said that public transportation in SI is not as safe as you are trying to tell (even back when you lived in SI).

When you had made that statement, and people jumped on you, you made no caveat like you are making now. If you did, then i stand corrected.

yes i may have made references to the experience of women in my family taking public transport, but how does one go from that to "southern india is a perfect haven for women"? don't change the goal post and stick to the point.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

it's not your memory that i am questioning but your motives. it's no secret that you have a deep-seated hatred of tamilians, and i represent all that you hate about them. so you make up stuff about my posts.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

back to the topic...

yes i may have made references to the experience of women in my family taking public transport, but how does one go from that to "southern india is a perfect haven for women"? don't change the goal post and stick to the point.

connect it to the context in which you made that statement. the context was - is ni a safe place for women regarding public transport... in light of that context, your statement did bear that implication... and when people accused you of saying it back then, you didn't correct them either, you just repeated what you have heard from your cousins.

anyway, as long as you are officially stating SI is not a safe haven for women (either), better late than never...  i have no interest in having further arguments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

it's not your memory that i am questioning but your motives. it's no secret that you have a deep-seated hatred of tamilians, and i represent all that you hate about them. so you make up stuff about my posts.
I don't hate tamilians. I can't stand fanatical tamilians like you who hate north indians and other south indians and tamilians who don't share your hatred for north indians. You even label them as 'ingratiators'. I will oppose ppl like you and your ideas that try to divide ppl.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

I don't hate tamilians. I can't stand fanatical tamilians like you who hate north indians and other south indians and tamilians who don't share your hatred for north indians. You even label them as 'ingratiators'. I will oppose ppl like you and your ideas that try to divide ppl.

i don't hate northindians. for example, i have a deep admiration and love for their classical music; more so than most northindians on this board.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

With their jaundiced eyes, they only see a north indian in you and an ingratiating telugu in me. Their intelligence doesn't allow them to look beyond that.

It's their own problem if they can't see how i fight my convictions, without giving a damn for anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i don't hate northindians. for example, i have a deep admiration and love for their classical music; more so than most northindians on this board.
Max, this is like saying, 'i am not a racist. I invite even blacks to my birthday party'.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Max, this is like saying, 'i am not a racist. I invite even blacks to my birthday party'.

not very different from your earlier post about how you don't hate tamilians. two can play this game, but i am really starting to wonder if two people who have such contempt for each other really gain anything by exchanging posts.

for what it's worth the analogy with inviting black people is inaccurate. when you love a defining cultural attribute of a people, you cannot by definition carry hatred for them.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i love 40s!!!

*ahem* what would these two words  "Telangana", "Muslim", in addition to Tamilians, make you?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

*ahem* what would these two words  "Telangana", "Muslim", in addition to Tamilians, make you?
Telangana? I was for samaikyandhra, for unity. I wasn't for the division and expressed my opinions about that. I was for unity. I didn't like how some of the telanganites were trying to divide people, spewing hatred at non-telanganites in order to achieve a separate state. I talked strongly against it. Now that the state has been formed, for good or for bad, the spewing of the hatred has subsided considerably. I am cool with that. No issues now.

Muslim? I am against muslims or anyone who believe in the ideology of 'us' vs 'them' and spews hatred towards the 'them/the other' and tries to annihilate 'them'. Will oppose it all tooth and nail. clear now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

not very different from your earlier post about how you don't hate tamilians. two can play this game, but i am really starting to wonder if two people who have such contempt for each other really gain anything by exchanging posts.

for what it's worth the analogy with inviting black people is inaccurate. when you love a defining cultural attribute of a people, you cannot by definition carry hatred for them.
Ya, max, this has been going on for years. There's nothing to gain. You'll continue to be a north indian hater and a tamil fanatic and i'll continue to be an 'ingratiator' who opposes that. Will anything change? No. Long ago, Sulekha had asked for its readers to suggest a punch line for the website. Many had suggested many things, but they finally decided on an apt one, 'Got something to say? Sulekha.com'. That is it for me. I know it doesn't make any difference, but it's my urge to say/oppose something that drives me to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next