Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al

3 posters

Go down

bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al Empty bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al

Post by Another Brick Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:45 am

for Nissan Sunny is here. i don't know if the pics are that of the model they will sell in India, but if this car looks anything like that in the pics, this will easily be the most popular car in this segment. interiors look tacky to me (a big letdown), but the exterior is awesome. a car like that for 6-7 is a good deal.

will visit the showroom once this car is available for a test drive there.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al Empty Re: bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 am

for around 6 lakhs it is a pretty good car. Looks like a Nissan sentra. If it is then it is a good deal as Sentra is a great car with a great reputation.

It is almost 18 to 20 K (around 10 Lakhs) even in the US. Hence, the 6 Lakh makes me suspicious that it may be something less than Sentra. Usually, in India, the phoren cars are around 150% of the US sticker price.

In any case, I will go for a second hand Maruti 1000.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al Empty Re: bye bye City, SX4, Verna, Etios, Linea, Vento et al

Post by Another Brick Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 am

this car is made 80% in TN. i think that explains the pricing. i like the exterior a lot. it is perhaps bigger than the most cars in this segment. it does look a little like Sentra except its backside.

btw, speaking of cars, here's tata's desperation (Nano is not selling). i just don't understand why any business house, let alone TATAs, would do something as ridiculous as that.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:35 am

AB - what a disappointment - Nissan Sunny's probably priced 1L more, man!
Instead of mid-6L it starts at 7.98L...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/112428-nissan-sunny-diesel-launched-7-98-lakhs.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 am

Richard Hed wrote:AB - what a disappointment - Nissan Sunny's probably priced 1L more, man!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/112428-nissan-sunny-diesel-launched-7-98-lakhs.html

Check out the Nissan Versa 2012 sedan model...in the US.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 am

Another Brick wrote:for Nissan Sunny is here. i don't know if the pics are that of the model they will sell in India, but if this car looks anything like that in the pics, this will easily be the most popular car in this segment. interiors look tacky to me (a big letdown), but the exterior is awesome. a car like that for 6-7 is a good deal.

will visit the showroom once this car is available for a test drive there.

Review on this car is not very encouraging,the engine is of lower capacity for the size of the car.

Mileage bhi low hai...go for test drive & give us ur feedback
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am

Richard Hed wrote:AB - what a disappointment - Nissan Sunny's probably priced 1L more, man!

that's not going to sell, then. i am yet to see a Sunny on the road. i see Citys, Vernas, SX4s and Ventos, but not Sunnys.

Rekzu wrote: Review on this car is not very encouraging,the engine is of lower capacity for the size of the car.

Mileage bhi low hai...go for test drive & give us ur feedback

i am meaning to take a test drive (the showroom in only a km away from where i stay) but i have not done it yet. darn. i read a review in which it was mentioned that the interiors are a big let down and the performance is below par.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:26 am

SX4 is nice car...ideal if you are buying 2nd car...around 8lacs. good deal
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 am

do you drive SX4, rekz?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:13 am

If the Indian car companies can come up with a hatchback/sedan under 8L (decent powered) Diesel Car with AT with front & side airbags - man - that would be a game changer...

SX4 and Swift Dzire are both vonly good for Mylapore Maamis
They're actually good options, agree.

Rekz may drive an SX4 or not but, she surely must drive her hubby crajee Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Check out the Nissan Versa 2012 sedan model...in the US.

Yeah...similar and I wouldn't have touched it with a pole-vault pole in US...but, Indian city driving reqs are different...vot2do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 am

Another Brick wrote:do you drive SX4, rekz?

yes....bricku u can contact the marketing team at the showroom they will bring the car to ur place for test drive...u can as well negotiate other discounts sitting at home...save time lah Smile
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 am

Richard Hed wrote:If the Indian car companies can come up with a hatchback/sedan under 8L (decent powered) Diesel Car with AT with front & side airbags - man - that would be a game changer...

Rekz may drive an SX4 or not but, she surely must drive her hubby crajee Very Happy

U know so much about mylapore mamis...was ur ex-u one?

All wives drive hubby crazy,nothing new DA..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am

[quote="Rekz"][quote="Richard Hed"]If the Indian car companies can come up with a hatchback/sedan under 8L (decent powered) Diesel Car with AT with front & side airbags - man - that would be a game changer...

U know so much about mylapore mamis...was ur ex-u one?

Ex-u va? No ex-u vonly present-U Smile

All wives drive hubby crazy,nothing new DA..

Ah...true true - more in a few cases than others though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:31 am

damn honda. they have now launched City 2012 that will be cheaper still. i must sue them for stealing almost a lakh from me two years ago.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/index.html

the new car looks good. looks accord-ish from the front.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:12 am

Another Brick wrote:damn honda. they have now launched City 2012 that will be cheaper still. i must sue them for stealing almost a lakh from me two years ago.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/index.html

the new car looks good. looks accord-ish from the front.

2012 City does look good and appealing now that it's rightly priced...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 am

my only gripe with City is its gearbox. slotting into IInd from IIIrd (and at times from Ist) is annoying. it is hard and it feels as if the stick is grinding against something while downshifting. takes the pleasure of driving away, esp in the city. i have not driven any other MT much, so i don't know how it is in other cars. they always deny that they have a problem.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:32 am

Another Brick wrote:my only gripe with City is its gearbox. slotting into IInd from IIIrd (and at times from Ist) is annoying. it is hard and it feels as if the stick is grinding against something while downshifting. takes the pleasure of driving away, esp in the city. i have not driven any other MT much, so i don't know how it is in other cars. they always deny that they have a problem.

Amongst the cars I've test driven - the gear shifts of Ford Figo TITANIUM (Hatchback) & Hyundai Verna 1.6 (Sedan) were smooth as butter...the i20 Magna/Asta were crappy though it was ~90bhp (which is pretty good power for a desi hatchback). Checking out rest of the cars over next 2-3 weeks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:49 am

you don't seem to have much interest in Maruti cars. speaking of maruti, have you ever seen a Kizashi on the road? i have not. i see BMWs, Mercs, accords, jettas, passats, superbs (and even jaguars) on the road all the time, but yet to spot a Kizashi. has it bombed?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:49 am

Yes, you're right and it's got nothing to do with Maruti or the quality of their cars; just that we've had a maruti or two as family cars for a while now and we want to go for something else.

Frankly, I've taken a liking for the Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 crdi but, around 13L, I think it's still priced 1L higher. And in a concerted effort to be fiscally responsible, am trying not go for anything > 10L.

BTW - I just booked motorbike - an Apache RTR 180 with ABS for my weekend loaferation in Bangalore and contradicted myself above on being fiscally ahem responsible. vot2do Very Happy

Have you seen the XUV500 on road? It really looks sleek. Never seen a Kizashi on the road - have seen all the high-end version of the cars you mentioned above in Bangalore as well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:17 am

so you have City, Linea, Vento, Etios, Fiesta, Sunny, Rapid, Lancer, Indigo and Verna to choose from (among sedans). my guess is you will pick either a City or Vento.

i think i spotted an XUV500 this morning. i couldn't be sure, since i had only a glimpse.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 am

Rekz wrote:SX4 is nice car...ideal if you are buying 2nd car...around 8lacs. good deal

2nd car?...:O And you are newly married (within 3 years)

Damn....Indians are filthy rich...... What next?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rekz wrote:SX4 is nice car...ideal if you are buying 2nd car...around 8lacs. good deal

2nd car?...:O And you are newly married (within 3 years)

Damn....Indians are filthy rich...... What next?

A penthouse in Overland Park, KS - with its own "musical fountain" and a helipad - right next to yours, I hope...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 am

ha ha ha, good one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down