Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup?

+7
Hellsangel
The Absolute Zero
Rekz
garam_kuta
Impedimenta
Another Brick
SomeProfile
11 posters

Go down

Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup? Empty Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup?

Post by SomeProfile Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 am

GS (Graduate Student) was on a time crunch to submit a homework. She copied answers to a few (not all) homework questions from the Internet. Incidentally, the grades from this homework count towards the final grade. I asked her: "If you had time constraint like you had now and were left with only two choices - 1) Cheat and get an A-grade; 2) Be honest and get a B-grade - which one would you choose?" She did not hesitate to choose 1.

She then proceeded to say a lot of different things like: "Learning is more important than grades; I did not have time; I feel like a cheater", etc. But she still chose option 1 to cheat and get an A-grade.

Reason enough to breakup?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup? Empty Re: Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 am

yes. find someone closer to you in age.

Back to top Go down

Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup? Empty Re: Thinks cheating is okay - reason enough to breakup?

Post by Another Brick Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:40 am

yes. she might cheat on you with her boss for promotion with the same attitude.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:02 am

Another Brick wrote:yes. she might cheat on you with her boss for promotion with the same attitude.

You really think so? Isn't that like saying that if I killed a cockroach or a rat, I am a potential murderer in the making?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 am

i tend to think that the decision to crib or not crib is the toughest test of one's character in student life. well, if she is so nonchalant about it, who can say?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:08 am

Cheating is cheating - but, copying in Grad School amounts to sheer laziness. Maybe you should worry more about that than the cheating because, one could presume that she has the intellect but is not putting in the work.

Reminds me of this grouping test in NCC Rifle Shooting Competition. In the second contest - it wasn't about how many shots hit the bullseye but, how they clustered...maybe it's true that "Morality is a sliding scale", SP.

F all that - is she still hot? If she's lazy - she could get fat! Is that the reason to breakup? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:12 am

psstt...sp, any linkage to the lesbian GF thread? pig

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am

SomeProfile wrote:

Keep looking. One day you WILL find a good reason to break up.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:58 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

Keep looking. One day you WILL find a good reason to break up.

looks like you got your patient for the day for counselling Cool

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 am

Shocked someprofile...long time no c
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 am

SomeProfile wrote: Reason enough to breakup?

No. You should ask her two choices below. If she chooses A, break up.

If I cannot make you pregnant, would you choose another to get preg and cheat me? (A. yes or B. no)

BTW she can say "B" and still cheat you. WTF can you do?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
SomeProfile wrote: Reason enough to breakup?

No. You should ask her two choices below. If she chooses A, break up.

If I cannot make you pregnant, would you choose another to get preg and cheat me? (A. yes or B. no)

BTW she can say "B" and still cheat you. WTF can you do?

DNA test study

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am

garam_kuta wrote:DNA test study

First you should know she cheated you. THEN comes the DNA test. It will be at least 5 to 6 months after delivery to see if the baby resembles like him. Thats enough for her to gain ground and start talking about what he cheated on her 19 years ago and all that. Nothing can be proven immediately, particularly with desi dudes.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Nothing can be proven immediately, particularly with desi dudes.
Dear Coldest One, what is wrong with you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 pm

koi dukhati rag, taz?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:DNA test study

First you should know she cheated you. THEN comes the DNA test. It will be at least 5 to 6 months after delivery to see if the baby resembles like him. Thats enough for her to gain ground and start talking about what he cheated on her 19 years ago and all that. Nothing can be proven immediately, particularly with desi dudes.

you seem to know a lot 'bout sp...profiling some profile, huh? Cool

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 pm

SomeProfile wrote:GS (Graduate Student) was on a time crunch to submit a homework. She copied answers to a few (not all) homework questions from the Internet. Incidentally, the grades from this homework count towards the final grade. I asked her: "If you had time constraint like you had now and were left with only two choices - 1) Cheat and get an A-grade; 2) Be honest and get a B-grade - which one would you choose?" She did not hesitate to choose 1.

She then proceeded to say a lot of different things like: "Learning is more important than grades; I did not have time; I feel like a cheater", etc. But she still chose option 1 to cheat and get an A-grade.

BREAK-UP:

1. she is a cheater (those who kill a Cockroach may not be a potential killer but those who kill dogs and cats may be).

2. She is stupid....and hence break-up.

Either way, time for you to cheat on her...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/28/7-arrested-in-alleged-sat-cheating-scam/?hpt=hp_bn2
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/28/7-arrested-in-alleged-sat-cheating-scam/?hpt=hp_bn2

Biharis mastered this decades ago. US is way too behind in this "Technology"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Hellsangel wrote: Dear Coldest One, what is wrong with you?

Me getting (C)OLDER. Thats it.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:koi dukhati rag, taz?

Hahn. sab

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Hilarious!

You have a girl friend who is a college student...hilarious!

LOL

nice try...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:11 pm

someone that i know vaguely, a bank teller earning 22k/annum took a 8 wk course in qa testing, faked 5 yrs of job experience in qa working for big companies in her resume and got a permanent job for 62k. The woman doesn't even have a bachelor's degree. she faked that too.

I heard that it is pretty common among desis. Someone else I know faked 8 yrs, another 6 and the other 5 yrs of fake experience. Mind boggling! How do they manage to do that?

This is a worse cheating than what you mentioned. If everyone leaves a partner who cheats, then most of the desi IT folks in US will be without a partner, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 am

kinnera wrote:someone that i know vaguely, a bank teller earning 22k/annum took a 8 wk course in qa testing, faked 5 yrs of job experience in qa working for big companies in her resume and got a permanent job for 62k. The woman doesn't even have a bachelor's degree. she faked that too.

I heard that it is pretty common among desis. Someone else I know faked 8 yrs, another 6 and the other 5 yrs of fake experience. Mind boggling! How do they manage to do that?

This is much much better than gettting a MBBS (God knows what (s)he faked in India to get this MBBS, passing USMLE, Putting a tie and cheating public for services not done and yet claim that "insurance will pay, why you bother!" statement. I know every doctor in USA does it legally. Everything is legal, we are doing nothing illegal. For example I got statement as follows:

Blood draw: $25 (When did this item appear in separate billing? So tomorrow a new code will come up for syringe, needle, patient chair seating for 2 minutes for blood draw, patient use of bathrrom, janitor cleaning of patient's bathroom use and what is next?)
Blood Testing : $140
Medicine : $25 (Tylenol 2 capsules given in the hospital for pain relief).
Injection: $240 (Anesthetic)
Anesthetic administration: $450
Anesthetician physician charges $2500 (so what else did she do besides administering medicine?)
Totalled to $10K. (when asked for itemized bill they corrected the duplicates and claimed it as "computer error". Oh really? Good blame it on the moron computer abd Bill Gates. Easy thing. So you assumed that I wont ask for itemized bill and wanted to milk as much as possible. Huh? Morons.

They know and you know and I know, they cheat front, back left and right. Yet they come out and talk non-sense about what is legal and what is not.

Another example: Gastro enterologist first exam. Did not even touch the patient. Asked exactly 4 questions, about pain, and history of medicine use etc. Come back later because now I cannot do all exam.. Charges? $450!! Nincompoop moron $#@!.

Another desi MD in Maryland. He pulled his friend's name in and billed $234 for services he never did. "insurance pays yaar. kya pareshan?" says he.

Another MD in maryland: Yes of course desi. Patient in hospital, gave number to ER physician. This desi MD never saw the patient before but his colleague (lady did). Now when the ER physician calls the desi MD, he says, give her antibiotics!!! For what? This moron is still practising in Maryland.

Another Dentist says : It is not about what is right and wrong, as you think. It is all about what is legal and what is not.

They country is going to dogs, people are losing jobs, and going to foreclosing their houses and begging on streets, yet these so called "medical professional morons" keep raising their prices. Come what may, you die or your family dies I do not care, pay it up because I should own my lexus and live in my 8 bedroom house and own another rental property! Thats the idea of medical profession here in USA. This is the ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE IN USA who keep milking the public without ANY SHAME.

Do not worry, everything that goes up has to come down one day. So the medical profession will be hit hard too and when they come down, they come with a huge thud that will be heard around the world. Hope it happens soon and they develop concussions and untreatable tumors.

Yes I am angry, why not. They are cheating everybody and yet talk about morals.

At least the QA lady is not playing with the lives of public.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:08 am

Tell me about your guys personally... how many times have you guys cheated in exams?

Me... I think I have cheated less than 5 times, and all of them before class 10. I never cheated in exams after class 10. I have enabled a LOT of cheating though. Right up until undergrad, I can't remember a single exam I wrote where somebody did not copy from me.

Your turn...

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 am

7th grade - some kid kept pestering me for answers during a history/geog. term exam. I made the mistake of answering. The teacher punished us both. Helped someone write a paper for a philosophy/ critical reading class once. That's pretty much it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:57 am

SomeProfile wrote:Tell me about your guys personally... how many times have you guys cheated in exams?

Me... I think I have cheated less than 5 times, and all of them before class 10. I never cheated in exams after class 10. I have enabled a LOT of cheating though. Right up until undergrad, I can't remember a single exam I wrote where somebody did not copy from me.

Your turn...

If I don't think it was cheating then it was not cheating.

I never ever cheated.

Reminds me of the good old tamil adage: KalavUm kattru Mara.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:11 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
They country is going to dogs, people are losing jobs, and going to foreclosing their houses and begging on streets, yet these so called "medical professional morons" keep raising their prices. Come what may, you die or your family dies I do not care, pay it up because I should own my lexus and live in my 8 bedroom house and own another rental property! Thats the idea of medical profession here in USA. This is the ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE IN USA who keep milking the public without ANY SHAME.

Do not worry, everything that goes up has to come down one day. So the medical profession will be hit hard too and when they come down, they come with a huge thud that will be heard around the world. Hope it happens soon and they develop concussions and untreatable tumors.

Many of these MBBS docs are probably quota docs and passed by paying up their way towards their 3rd attempt at 8 mark passing grades (with 27 GRACE marks)

If you go to a Desi doc in the US, you better ask for his original MBBS college (you can find it on the state medical licensing board website (click on verification), and also ask about his Cashtu (even if you are progressive enough not to ask about it in India). Funny many of these MBBS holders barely pass Step 1 in their 3rd attempts, and do their time in some remote hospital in Western Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado or NM or Arizona, before resorting to their looting in big cities.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:43 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Many of these MBBS docs are probably quota docs and passed by paying up their way towards their 3rd attempt at 8 mark passing grades (with 27 GRACE marks)

I knew of an MD (yes after MBBS) who taught in Cooper Medical College in Bombay. It is a good school and he taught pathology. He came to USA with his wife as physical therapist. Tried USMLE for a dozen times and never passed. They got greencard and went back to desh. Once I was talking to him and asked if he knew how the vasectomy would be reversed with re-channelization. His answer stunned me "I do not think there is any such method. Once vasectomy is done, it is done!" No wonder he failed USLME many times. He was a house husband for over 6 years in the USA and did absolutely NOTHING.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:44 am

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"]I never ever cheated.[quote]

Where was the opportunity for you to cheat? You did not even get your GED. Right? :-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am

SomeProfile wrote:Tell me about your guys personally...

In my Engineering 2nd year I did some. Also there were several guys who copied from me. It was no big deal because the subject was junk ass subject which you normally would NEVER use in daily life or work. (AC/DC motor design).

People who shamelessly suppress their own shortcomings to say things about others must look at the fingers that point at them. After an oral exam (in either engg or medicine) would you not ask the other guys what questions were asked and be ready with answers? Then it is also cheating. If you lied in your work at least once, you did cheat.

Now who are the Satya Harischandra's here? Please raise your hands!!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 am

i never cheated in exams. never. i was a law/rule/stick-fearing student.

in my early twenties, it all changed and i thought i was invincible. since then, i have under-reported my income, downloaded free music/movies and ebooks from the internet, driven under the influence and smoked grass on one occasion.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I never ever cheated.

Where was the opportunity for you to cheat? You did not even get your GED. Right? :-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:30 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I never ever cheated.

Of course, I did.... look at all those multiple years till the 10th grade. Like that Physical Therapist, I am also trying to pass the GED and go onto become a doctor....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
kinnera wrote:someone that i know vaguely, a bank teller earning 22k/annum took a 8 wk course in qa testing, faked 5 yrs of job experience in qa working for big companies in her resume and got a permanent job for 62k. The woman doesn't even have a bachelor's degree. she faked that too.

This is much much better than gettting a MBBS (God knows what (s)he faked in India to get this MBBS, passing USMLE, Putting a tie and cheating public for services not done and yet claim that "insurance will pay, why you bother!" statement. I know every doctor in USA does it legally. Everything is legal, we are doing nothing illegal. For example I got statement as follows:

Blood draw: $25 (When did this item appear in separate billing? So tomorrow a new code will come up for syringe, needle, patient chair seating for 2 minutes for blood draw, patient use of bathrrom, janitor cleaning of patient's bathroom use and what is next?)
Blood Testing : $140
Medicine : $25 (Tylenol 2 capsules given in the hospital for pain relief).
Injection: $240 (Anesthetic)
Anesthetic administration: $450
Anesthetician physician charges $2500 (so what else did she do besides administering medicine?)
Totalled to $10K. (when asked for itemized bill they corrected the duplicates and claimed it as "computer error". Oh really? Good blame it on the moron computer abd Bill Gates. Easy thing. So you assumed that I wont ask for itemized bill and wanted to milk as much as possible. Huh? Morons.

They know and you know and I know, they cheat front, back left and right. Yet they come out and talk non-sense about what is legal and what is not.

Another example: Gastro enterologist first exam. Did not even touch the patient. Asked exactly 4 questions, about pain, and history of medicine use etc. Come back later because now I cannot do all exam.. Charges? $450!! Nincompoop moron $#@!.

Another desi MD in Maryland. He pulled his friend's name in and billed $234 for services he never did. "insurance pays yaar. kya pareshan?" says he.

Another MD in maryland: Yes of course desi. Patient in hospital, gave number to ER physician. This desi MD never saw the patient before but his colleague (lady did). Now when the ER physician calls the desi MD, he says, give her antibiotics!!! For what? This moron is still practising in Maryland.

Another Dentist says : It is not about what is right and wrong, as you think. It is all about what is legal and what is not.

OMG! This is the best thing that I have ever read in this forum. *applause*

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Tell me about your guys personally... how many times have you guys cheated in exams?

Your turn...

haha I never cheated while giving exams. In fact I used to skip few questions so that I don't get good grades. Only during my pg...wrote down a few formulas reg to OS on a wall and that's about it. But those formulas weren't very much useful for me.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Sasthi wrote:haha I never cheated while giving exams. In fact I used to skip few questions so that I don't get good grades. Only during my pg...wrote down a few formulas reg to OS on a wall and that's about it. But those formulas weren't very much useful for me.

How come I never thought of THIS reason/excuse whenever my dad beat the crap out of me for missing all those marks (except I got only 35 to 45 marks in every subject - in the ones I passed).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Sasthi wrote:haha I never cheated while giving exams.

maybe you cheated while taking exams.

Only during my pg...wrote down a few formulas reg to OS on a wall and that's about it. But those formulas weren't very much useful for me.

yea ok so you did cheat while taking exams.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:15 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:

maybe you cheated while taking exams.

Only during my pg...wrote down a few formulas reg to OS on a wall and that's about it. But those formulas weren't very much useful for me.

yea ok so you did cheat while taking exams.

It all depends on how you label cheating - yes or no...Razz
I label it as no cheating coz it wasn't useful for me, ya whatever!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 pm

[quote="Sasthi"][quote=".|Sublime|."]
It all depends on how you label cheating - yes or no...Razz

Your honor:

Please allow me to place Exhibit #1 in support of my "Law on Cheating"

I rest my case.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 am

Sasthi wrote:It all depends on how you label cheating - yes or no...Razz

This is a classic... This is exactly what most cheaters say, especially the middle-class ones who try to show off a clean image. "It is not cheating if done for this reason...", "it is not cheating if done this way (Eg: I just copied the formula, I did the calculations on my own", "ultimately, what matters is learning, blah, blah", and the best of all, "Whatever! La-la-la! I am not hearing anything...".

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:57 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Sasthi wrote:It all depends on how you label cheating - yes or no...Razz

This is a classic... This is exactly what most cheaters say, especially the middle-class ones who try to show off a clean image. "It is not cheating if done for this reason...", "it is not cheating if done this way (Eg: I just copied the formula, I did the calculations on my own", "ultimately, what matters is learning, blah, blah", and the best of all, "Whatever! La-la-la! I am not hearing anything...".

The bestest ever I have heard on Cheating is "When there are proctors and examiners to check and monitor the examinees, then those taking the exams have every right to copy"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down