Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme fitness

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
6 posters

Go down

Extreme fitness Empty Extreme fitness

Post by indophile Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 am

Six-pack, zero size, running marathon -- nothing beats this one!

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-woman-pregnant-marathon-baby-20111010,0,6975516.story

indophile

Back to top Go down

Extreme fitness Empty Re: Extreme fitness

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 am

I felt the inadequateness last night in the gym. From my treadmill, could see some kinda class starting up. Might be some dance class, maybe this is what they call zumba. Initially I thought I should walk into that, but boy am I glad I didn't.

The women there were constantly dancing, in not-so-easy and quickly varying steps, for almost an hour. Some began dropping out after 40 minutes. But boy, I don't think I could have lasted more than 15 minutes. But anyway, it was a good timepass to watch that while doing the treadmill. As a result, I would not even notice when I was trekking at 7.8 inclines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:20 am

>> That's right, she popped out a kid after running (OK, and walking) 26.2 miles of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday and crossing the finish line.

Imagine if anyone had used that terminology, the feminazis of CH would have killed us.

I bet the kid is going to turn into a fat lazy bum

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 am

wondering ...

what would make a pregnant woman due- to -deliver- any -time run a marathon ....putting herself and her unborn kid into danger

How did her doctor approve or her hubby if she has one ?or the marathon authorities ?

It's a fatal accident waiting to happen
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I felt the inadequateness last night in the gym. From my treadmill, could see some kinda class starting up. Might be some dance class, maybe this is what they call zumba. Initially I thought I should walk into that, but boy am I glad I didn't.

Honestly all these new gimmicks zumba ,kick boxing ,power yoga are there to whip money out of our pockets .

A simple walk of half hour a day for five days/week with a moderate diet should do the trick of keeping one fit
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:37 am

You mean a brisk walk, like a mile in 15 min., not a relaxed saunter.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

yes mr indophile a brisk walk is more like it not a slow jog either

every one wants some new exercise every few months and the gyms feed us that nonsense

although we are encouraged to use different sets of muscles that way its not necessary for survival even good health
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:55 pm

chameli wrote:yes mr indophile a brisk walk is more like it not a slow jog either

every one wants some new exercise every few months and the gyms feed us that nonsense

although we are encouraged to use different sets of muscles that way its not necessary for survival even good health

any basis for these arguments?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:39 pm

artood2 wrote:
chameli wrote:yes mr indophile a brisk walk is more like it not a slow jog either

what is there a need for basis for every argument? instead why cant we just repeat previously discredited memes & display abject ignorance of science and unfamiliarity with empirical data? this is the housewife forum afterall...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
....... this is the housewife forum afterall...

coming from mr. naipaul-dasa(n), of course cyclops

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

chameli wrote:wondering ...

what would make a pregnant woman due- to -deliver- any -time run a marathon ....putting herself and her unborn kid into danger

How did her doctor approve or her hubby if she has one ?or the marathon authorities ?

It's a fatal accident waiting to happen

i agree. one has got to be crazy to do sucha thing.

@topic

being fit is one thing and being extreme is another. wat was she thinking !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
artood2 wrote:

what is there a need for basis for every argument? instead why cant we just repeat previously discredited memes & display abject ignorance of science and unfamiliarity with empirical data? this is the housewife forum afterall...

It has been medically proven that 30 minutes of brisk walking 5 days a week gives all the cardiovascular exercise neccesary fo a long and healthy life without injuries and sprains.

Running marathons does not give any additional advantge .

25% or all marathoners have temporary or permanent injuries to their ankles knees and hips.They run to feel good with endorphin release

Just like mother's day father's day and all other days bring revenue to the gift card and flower people so also different exercise regimens make the shoe companies, sports clothing and gyms rich as kings .

And it's all your money they want
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down