Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaanvwalo - Don't go!

+2
Hellsangel
SomeProfile
6 posters

Go down

Gaanvwalo - Don't go! Empty Gaanvwalo - Don't go!

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 pm

WTF, Gaanvwalo! I have been reading highly disturbing declarations by many of you that you will be glad to go back to Sulekha if all the issues there are fixed. Repeating again: WTF!

Can you give a single good reason to go back to Sulekha? This forum is better in every way!

I said before that if 100% of the power users moved to a different forum, everybody else would follow. That did not happen. Some of the power users are left behind. The other option was for 60% of all users to go to a different forum. That has happened. Now, it is only a matter of time before the rest of the people on the Sulekha message board move here. All you have to do is sit tight and don't post a single message or reply on Sulekha. Just wait with patience. The others will move. But every time you post on Sulekha, you respond to a post on Sulekha, you do anything on Sulekha, you are delaying and preventing the others from moving here. Every single thing you do on Sulekha is like giving energy to a dying animal and taking energy away from this site. Don't be like the Indian cricket team and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Sulekha developers are such big dhakkans that they have been screwing up that message board in several ways in their futile bid to prevent HTML sabotage. Their efforts have been laughably juvenile. They managed to kill the ability to have line-breaks and paragraphs in the posts. Really, Sulekha developers? Is that the best you could do? This is almost like a bunch of monkeys trying to write a story that make sense.

So, gaanvwalo, do you guys want to move back to a forum that is managed by such incompetent monkey developers? Instead of that you can climb up to the water tank and commit suicide! I repeat again - give me a single good reason to go back to Sulekha. Technically, that forum is fucked up and it will always remain so. It rapes your browsers and eyes with gory ads. It has spam posts and useless Sulekha news posts several times a day, every single day. Do you really want to go back there?

Are you guys missing QB, Maria, Sandilya, Seva, LW and TS so much that you are willing to let this new forum die an early death? Dammit gaanvwalo, it is just a matter of time before those people will move here and start posting here. You are as much a draw to them as they are to you. Where is your self confidence and self respect? Don't you have the confidence that these people will come to you eventually? How long do you think they will be content with a forum where Maria, QB and Seva are the only people who will post during the day? But mark my words - every time you post something on Sulekha, you are preventing those people from moving here.

So, I am asking again - give me a single reason why you would want to leave this forum and go back to Sulekha!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Gaanvwalo - Don't go! Empty Re: Gaanvwalo - Don't go!

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm

I second the motion!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu May 05, 2011 11:06 pm

SomeProfile wrote:don't post a single message or reply on Sulekha. Just wait with patience. The others will move. But every time you post on Sulekha, you respond to a post on Sulekha, you do anything on Sulekha, you are delaying and preventing the others from moving here.

सरपन्च्जी, आपनॆ बिल्कुल सच कहा...सॊलाह आनॆ सच (sarpanch ji, you said the truth, 100% true)
do we have a dearth of topics that we have to debate threads and posters from there? and i am sure they are reading this site. not like one has to know the password to read posts.
but more importantly (more important than getting them to move here), after having experienced business class, how can we go back to economy.
besides ego, any other reason people do not want to register and post here?

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
besides ego, any other reason people do not want to register and post here?

There are noble thoughts like not abandoning a friend when the friend is ill. Instead, stay back and nurse the friend to good health.

PS: Inanimate objects can be friends too.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 pm

blabberwock wrote:
There are noble thoughts like not abandoning a friend when the friend is ill. Instead, stay back and nurse the friend to good health.

yea, like i said, besides ego

blabberwock wrote:PS: Inanimate objects can be friends too.

tch tch now

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 05, 2011 11:54 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
but more importantly (more important than getting them to move here), after having experienced business class, how can we go back to economy.

This is part of the reason why I said "gaanvwalo". We are like villagers who have been taken to a city and offered a luxurious house to live in. But after living there for a few days, we are saying that we want to go back to our huts in the village cuz we miss the daily morning petty fights with our former neighbors. We are saying that we will give up the taps with running water in our city homes cuz we miss the petty rivalries around the village well. Really, WTF gaanvwalo!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 pm

i don't wana force anyone besides i don't care if they come here or not. i'll post on any forum i find posts that interest me.

if anything u r making it abt ego to not wana go back there. i agree technically the place is a mess but so many of us have said so many things abt sulekha that it will feel awkward to go back there ( in the hell hole,abusive husband lol etc.)

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 pm

blabberwock wrote:

Come on, some of us have naturally nurturing tendencies, which is also part of our profession! Surely you are not asking us to give up our natural professional inclinations?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:57 pm

This is part of the reason why I said "gaanvwalo". We are like villagers who have been taken to a city and offered a luxurious house to live in. But after living there for a few days, we are saying that we want to go back to our huts in the village cuz we miss the daily morning petty fights with our former neighbors. We are saying that we will give up the taps with running water in our city homes cuz we miss the petty rivalries around the village well. Really, WTF gaanvwalo

lol! good analogy Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 pm

seven wrote:i'll post on any forum i find posts that interest me.
Normally, I'd be like that too. But in this case, it is necessary to let go of Sulekha because not letting go of it will affect this forum adversely.

seven wrote:if anything u r making it abt ego to not wana go back there.
It's not about ego at all. I am very practical in these matters.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:05 am

I think the main thing that may make people want to go back to Sulekha is the comfort of total anonymity.

The folks who run sulekha have no clue how to fix the problems on site - what are the chances that they will look you up etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 am

some ppl hate change. they want the comfort of the familiar at the expense of new and exciting.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you so much for this post. I have been grappling with this question of "to be (on old CH) or not to be" myself. Your post has made things clearer in my mind, as I will explain below.

For me, the clear superiority of this platform over Sulekha is a no-brainer. Going back -- even to a Sulekha CH exactly like it was 10 days ago without the HTML comment-tag bug and table tag bug -- would be a big step back. So why is it a big question at all?

It became a serious question for me because of the concerns regarding admin powers on this site. I myself have no concerns about that, for obvious reasons. But you -- and many others here -- have concerns, and rightly so; I would too if someone else was admin. So given a choice between city-with-everyone-in-a-mansion-and-one-guy-being-admin and village-with-everybody-in-a-hovel-and-no-admin, I assumed many CHers might choose the latter. Your choice of the former, as echoed by others below, confirms my own inclinations -- that this forum is indeed better, and that we don't have much to gain by "going back to an abusive husband," as Cro-Magnon put it. This, coming specifically from you, given the amount of consideration that you have given to this matter, and the detailed questions you have raised, gives me assurance that we do have a fairly solid platform here which we shouldn't give up for the ever-worsening platform of Sulekha.

SomeProfile wrote:Really, Sulekha developers? Is that the best you could do? This is almost like a bunch of monkeys trying to write a story that make sense.
Back in the day when I was in this business, if one of my developers had suggested a "fix" like this, I would have fired him.

SomeProfile wrote:But mark my words - every time you post something on Sulekha, you are preventing those people from moving here.
You are right. I am not going back there again, nor am I going to comment regarding the developments on that site. I am done.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 am

charvaka wrote:But you -- and many others here -- have concerns, and rightly so; I would too if someone else was admin.

Just for the record, I still have the concerns and always will. I also like to play devil's advocate before starting an initiative and hence all those questions, including the imaginary scenario of the FBI leaning on you.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 06, 2011 2:15 am

SomeProfile wrote:
charvaka wrote:But you -- and many others here -- have concerns, and rightly so; I would too if someone else was admin.

Just for the record, I still have the concerns and always will. I also like to play devil's advocate before starting an initiative and hence all those questions, including the imaginary scenario of the FBI leaning on you.
I understand.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 am

fights. that's why. but if everyone from CH comes here, why bother? one can even post pictures here which, for me, is a big plus. that makes this forum very good.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down