Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish she was running

3 posters

Go down

Wish she was running Empty Wish she was running

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 am

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/opinion/elizabeth-warren-one-way-to-rebuild-our-institutions.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Wish she was running Empty Re: Wish she was running

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 am

Bernie is old and far to the left of main stream American thought. But he is consistent and honest about his politics. He may not electable but he is likable.

Warren is a shrill liberal whose truthfullness is questioned few times. She is also not pragmatic in her approach. She is the Ted Cruz on the left. She could preach impractical extreme policies to appeal to the extreme wing of her party. She does say few good things every now and then but so does Ted Cruz. She is good where she is.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:11 am

truthbetold wrote:Bernie is old and far to the left of main stream American thought. But he is consistent and honest about his politics. He may not electable but he is likable.

Warren is a shrill liberal whose truthfullness is questioned few times. She is also not pragmatic in her approach. She is the Ted Cruz on the left. She could preach impractical extreme policies to appeal to the extreme wing of her party. She does say few good things every now and then but so does Ted Cruz.  She is good where she is.

warren is a passionate advocate of consumer rights. her essay here only calls for the government agencies to do the jobs they are supposed to be doing and to enforce the laws that already exist on the books properly. nothing impractical or extreme about that, and she is not even calling for new legislation. in particular she correctly notes that jamie dimon and others of his ilk are walking free today because of an ineffective SEC that is controlled by wall street.  

i note that the word "shrill" is indiscriminately applied to women politicians. to me bernie sanders sounds grating and codgerly and i don't particularly care for that horrible brooklyn jew accent, but i am willing to look past that and actually listen to him. if there is anyone who is impractical in american politics today, it's him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Bernie is old and far to the left of main stream American thought. But he is consistent and honest about his politics. He may not electable but he is likable.

Warren is a shrill liberal whose truthfullness is questioned few times. She is also not pragmatic in her approach. She is the Ted Cruz on the left. She could preach impractical extreme policies to appeal to the extreme wing of her party. She does say few good things every now and then but so does Ted Cruz.  She is good where she is.

warren is a passionate advocate of consumer rights. her essay here only calls for the government agencies to do the jobs they are supposed to be doing and to enforce the laws that already exist on the books properly. nothing impractical or extreme about that, and she is not even calling for new legislation. in particular she correctly notes that jamie dimon and others of his ilk are walking free today because of an ineffective SEC that is controlled by wall street.  

i note that the word "shrill" is indiscriminately applied to women politicians. to me bernie sanders sounds grating and codgerly and i don't particularly care for that horrible brooklyn jew accent, but i am willing to look past that and actually listen to him. if there is anyone who is impractical in american politics today, it's him.

You think Jamie dimon is free today because of sec. You are a novice in understanding us govt. Jamie dimon is free because obama did not want him to be thrown into jail. If the president wanted to he could have been very aggressive on wall street bankers but how can he hurt those who gave him millions in campaign contributions. If Warren is honest enough she should question both the president and the attorney general.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:45 am

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

You think Jamie dimon is free today because of sec. You are a novice in understanding us govt. Jamie dimon is free because obama did not want him to be thrown into jail. If the president wanted to he could have been very aggressive on wall street bankers but how can he hurt those who gave him millions in campaign contributions. If Warren is honest enough she should question both the president and the attorney general.

looks like you didn't read the article at all.
But the administration’s record on enforcement falls short —
It has repeatedly granted waivers so that lawbreaking companies can continue to enjoy special privileges, while the Justice Department has dodged one opportunity after another to impose meaningful accountability on big corporations and their executives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:49 am

here is the report she refers to in the NYT article:
http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/documents/Rigged_Justice_2016.pdf

from the report:
The Obama Administration has made repeated
promises to strengthen enforcement and hold corporate
criminals accountable, and the DOJ announced in
September that it would place greater emphasis
on charging individuals responsible for corporate
crimes. Nonetheless, both before and after this DOJ
announcement, accountability for corporate crimes is
shockingly weak.

she's a straight shooter. i really wish she'd run some day. in fact i wish she was running instead of clinton.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:here is the report she refers to in the NYT article:
http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/documents/Rigged_Justice_2016.pdf

from the report:
The Obama Administration has made repeated
promises to strengthen enforcement and hold corporate
criminals accountable, and the DOJ announced in
September that it would place greater emphasis
on charging individuals responsible for corporate
crimes. Nonetheless, both before and after this DOJ
announcement, accountability for corporate crimes is
shockingly weak.

she's a straight shooter. i really wish she'd run some day. in fact i wish she was running instead of clinton.

That is the problem. She will never get elected. The last time a congressman won presidency was some 150 yrs back. That too she is a newbie, a NEer, a Crimson, etc..etc.. Nada.

The nexus between Wall-street and industries (it was defense in the 80s, oil in the 90s and now the Pharma) and their influence on political system is way too strong. Obama was a straight shooter too. But once in the saddle he could not do much - bcz there is the other wing called the corrupt Congress. The ideal guy is someone like FDR who becomes a true people's champion after he becomes a president. Clinton and Obama all blew their chances. It will take a republican to tackle the corrupt capitalists.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down