Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The amazing shuttle driver (Life Lessons Special)

Go down

The amazing shuttle driver (Life Lessons Special)  Empty The amazing shuttle driver (Life Lessons Special)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:17 pm

I was riding a shuttle today. The driver was an elderly caucasian; it was just him and me in the car. He narrated an interesting story.

He told me he was 77, and had been married twice. His first marriage ended in a dissolution after nine years. He had two children with his first wife. He married again when he was 37 and his second wife was 22. They are still married after all these years and he had four children with his second wife.

The dissolution with the first wife occurred after he returned home from a one week work trip to another city and she told him 'you're back already?' that's when both of them realized they were no longer in love with each other. Both parted ways amicably in a dignified way and both remain friends till today. She is four years older to him he told me and she has married and divorced three other men after her dissolution with him. She has retained his surname, he said, possibly because her two sons with him have this surname and she wishes to maintain a connection with her sons through the surname.

The really amazing thing he told me though was that there was a time when his first wife and second wife would go to movies together and share stories about him with each other. The first wife is too old to go to the movies now, but till this day when there are special family get-togethers in his house his first wife is also invited along with the two sons he has with her. So he told me.

I was so very impressed with this old man and the dignified and gracious way he, and his first and second wife have conducted themselves. Kudos to all three of them.

Back to top Go down