Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World T20 - India vs Bangladesh

+4
Propagandhi711
southindian
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Vakavaka Pakapaka
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World T20 - India vs Bangladesh Empty World T20 - India vs Bangladesh

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 am

This is a crucial match. India needs not only to win but win by 50 runs or five overs. 

Good start for India so far.

Who else watching? 

Maghzu you no watching? No watch Indian cricket no more? Awww, no southern Indians in team any more... Is that why? Or give your cricket hat reason... We will believe you. But you should watch. I am watching it on star sports Hindi channel (because 'we' are watching it.. House help too). V V S Laxman is giving the commentary, lol.

Back to top Go down

World T20 - India vs Bangladesh Empty Re: World T20 - India vs Bangladesh

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:11 am

Not looking good but we might swing this and beat oz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 am

Ashwin looks like he can go on a diet. But he just took a wicket!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:28 am

Lol Vp

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Ashwin looks like he can go on a diet. But he just took a wicket!

If I were Kholi I would tell him "No Sambhar for you - for 1 year"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

brie wrote:This is a crucial match. India needs not only to win but win by 50 runs or five overs. 

Who else watching? 

Maghzu you no watching? No watch Indian cricket no more? Awww, no southern Indians in team any more... Is that why? Or give your cricket hat reason... We will believe you. But you should watch. I am watching it on star sports Hindi channel (because 'we' are watching it.. House help too). V V S Laxman is giving the commentary, lol.

i think he is not a fan of T20s. But wait, no SI in the team any more? don't they have regional something?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Yes, I left, though India has won this one against Bangladesh.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:53 pm

They almost lost the game. Dhoni saved the match.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:44 pm

The final over
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:49 am

nail biting finish (i had lost hope and stopped watching). i was retiring as the last ball got bowled. now india must win against oz on 27th march to get into semis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:This is a crucial match. India needs not only to win but win by 50 runs or five overs. 

Who else watching? 

i think he is not a fan of T20s. But wait, no SI in the team any more? don't they have regional something?

lol, i was being sarcastic. there still are SI players though their numbers have drastically dwindled. ashwin is there (hard hitter and terrific bowler); it's a passing phase. rest are in the commentary box, lol. we had srk in the commentary box yesterday (SS hindi) regaling us with his comedy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 am

From whatsapp: 

Takeouts from last night's match

Never give up till the end

Never celebrate before you win (Mushfiquer celebrated after his 2 fours in the last over)

Best finisher always finds a way to finish the match for the team

Forget 2G, 3G, 4G. Dhoni G is the new measurement of speed

3 minutes silence for all those Indian fans who switched off TVs after the first 3 balls of the last over

Bangladeshi women fans: make up is temporary... Sadness is permanent

Last ball: MSD takes off the right hand glove before the ball comes. Runs out by running to the wickets. Presence of mind of MSD is unbelievable. Genius. Legend.

Usain Bolt should be thankful that Dhoni plays cricket

Don't copy if you can't paste. (Those 2 Bangladeshi batsmen wanted to finish off like MSD in style and got out)

People watching till last, who survived last night's match won't get heart disease

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:21 am

Kinnera wrote:From whatsapp: 

Never celebrate before you win (Mushfiquer celebrated after his 2 fours in the last over)

3 minutes silence for all those Indian fans who switched off TVs after the first 3 balls of the last over

Last ball: MSD takes off the right hand glove before the ball comes. Runs out by running to the wickets. Presence of mind of MSD is unbelievable. Genius. Legend.

Don't copy if you can't paste. (Those 2 Bangladeshi batsmen wanted to finish off like MSD in style and got out)

People watching till last, who survived last night's match won't get heart disease

LOL. i had left the match in the penultimate over and as i was adjusting my pillow to fall asleep i heard the loud cry that india had won. i got a good sleep.

kinns what's the current low-down on the two brats? let everything else go to hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:23 am

brie wrote:
LOL. i had left the match in the penultimate over and as i was adjusting my pillow to fall asleep i heard the loud cry that india had won. i got a good sleep.

kinns what's the current low-down on the two brats? let everything else go to hell.
Hubby said he sat through the last over though his heart was pounding hard. I told him that the one thing he won't die of is heart attack coz he got a strong heart. Smile

Coming to the brats...have no probs with the older. He parties hard, studies hard, has clear cut goals and is working hard to reach them. There's balance and clarity. No problemo.

Problem is with the younger. He is confused and goes back and forth on what he wants to be. He is majoring in CS, while doing the premed courses too. At one time he says he wants to get into medical research, at another time he says he wants to get on to the side of computers. He won two hackathons recently and the company that sponsored the latest one offered him a summer internship too, with a decent pay. That gave him a high and he was leaning strongly to go into the IT field, much to my dismay! And i did what i was lecturing desi parents shouldn't be doing  Crying or Very sad. With an agitated tone i told him, 'Your great grand father was a doctor, your grand father was a doctor, your brother is going to be a doctor and I want YOU to be a doctor too. I am not going to agree to anything other than that. The future generations are going to be doctors too and THIS is going to be a family of doctors'.....yada yada.  tongue  And then I looked closely at his expressions. He actually seemed relieved and kinda amused. I guess he's relieved coz this provided some stability and direction to his confused mind. His dad also being on the same page as me helped more, i guess. He finally agreed to continue with his pursuit to get into a med school and CS is going to be a back up. 

So...that's what went on recently on my side wrt to my brats Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:55 am

Kinnera wrote:From whatsapp: 

This should keep Bangladeshis quiet.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:03 pm

Kinnera wrote:
brie wrote:

Hubby said he sat through the last over though his heart was pounding hard. I told him that the one thing he won't die of is heart attack coz he got a strong heart. Smile

Coming to the brats...have no probs with the older. He parties hard, studies hard, has clear cut goals and is working hard to reach them. There's balance and clarity. No problemo.

Problem is with the younger. He is confused and goes back and forth on what he wants to be. He is majoring in CS, while doing the premed courses too. At one time he says he wants to get into medical research, at another time he says he wants to get on to the side of computers. He won two hackathons recently and the company that sponsored the latest one offered him a summer internship too, with a decent pay. That gave him a high and he was leaning strongly to go into the IT field, much to my dismay! And i did what i was lecturing desi parents shouldn't be doing  Crying or Very sad. With an agitated tone i told him, 'Your great grand father was a doctor, your grand father was a doctor, your brother is going to be a doctor and I want YOU to be a doctor too. I am not going to agree to anything other than that. The future generations are going to be doctors too and THIS is going to be a family of doctors'.....yada yada.  tongue  And then I looked closely at his expressions. He actually seemed relieved and kinda amused. I guess he's relieved coz this provided some stability and direction to his confused mind. His dad also being on the same page as me helped more, i guess. He finally agreed to continue with his pursuit to get into a med school and CS is going to be a back up. 

first off all, a big LOL.

- excellent news on older!

- good you put a noose on younger. my school friend, who is a consultant in chicago, convinced his son to opt for electrical engineering. this was 2 years ago and my older (who is pursuing ee) and his son texted, and phoned, till my friend's son was convinced. i met that friend, a month ago, in kolkata and, as expected, i enquired off him of his son. he became crestfallen. his said his son had changed majors thrice and was still not sure as to what he wished to pursue! kinns this american system is nauseating and you need indian or oriental parents to act as rudder!

anyway, i am left curious about the younger. i'll poke you again when you post again to enquire about his latest status.

one more thing. if india loses to oz in mohali this sunday, i will not celebrate holi this year! decided!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

brie wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
brie wrote:

- good you put a noose on younger. my school friend, who is a consultant in chicago, convinced his son to opt for electrical engineering. this was 2 years ago and my older (who is pursuing ee) and his son texted, and phoned, till my friend's son was convinced. i met that friend, a month ago, in kolkata and, as expected, i enquired off him of his son. he became crestfallen. his said his son had changed majors thrice and was still not sure as to what he wished to pursue! kinns this american system is nauseating and you need indian or oriental parents to act as rudder!

anyway, i am left curious about the younger. i'll poke you again when you post again to enquire about his latest status.

one more thing. if india loses to oz in mohali this sunday, i will not celebrate holi this year! decided!

wait, holi to aaj hai, no? Ye log kabse happy holi happy holi bole ja rahe hai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:30 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
brie wrote:

wait, holi to aaj hai, no? Ye log kabse happy holi happy holi bole ja rahe hai.
yes holi was over by the time i posted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:14 am

The choice of majors and the 'leave it alone to the kid. Let him/her choose what he wants' mentality could confuse the kid like hell. I was a confused soul myself back in the day in India at that age.
First, i started off in one stream of majors for my bachelor's. Then a cousin said, why do you want to do that. This other stream is better. So yeah, i decided to do that. I went to the principal and requested a change of major. She was generous to allow it. Then i sat in those classes for a week or so. Found them utterly boring and not my thing. So i went back and changed it to the original one (the principal was again sweet. She just laughed and allowed me to revert) and decided that that was the one for me. Then a few of my best friends joined this other college in another stream and so i wanted to do that. But then, the deadline to pay the fee for that had passed (i got admission there, which i had ignored). So I pushed my dad who took me to the dean and we requested the dean to still allow me to join, which he graciously agreed. So now i switched college. Was i happy. Nopes. Hated it. Wasn't my thing. All those those years and years after I regretted not having done the original majors that i joined. That was my thing and my career would've been better in that stream. My parents gave me the utmost freedom, didn't expect too much from me or think about my career (let her do whatever bachelor's/master's she wants to and we'll get her married anyway) and danced to whatever tunes i was playing. I wished they were took a strong stand and decided was best for me. At 17, you could be totally clueless and can get easily carried away by many other factors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:38 am

haha.. my big plan was to do BA in social sciences, and marry XB. Would have been the biggest disaster of my life.

But at the same time, I was influenced/inspired by a couple of medicos and engg students I knew, so thought I will take engg entrance again after I didn't go through the first time. So since I was on the fence, I thought, ok, I will get enrolled in BA for fun, and study for Engg entrance. Or to make parents happy, do a BSc charade. If I get into engg, that's fine too. Will enjoy life for 4 years and THEN marry XB, and do a small job in the city itself.

Keep in mind, getting in engg in those days was much tougher than it's now. Back then there would be 1000-1100 seats across the states over 5-6 engg colleges, and to get into a good branch in the one in my city, you had to be in top 200-300 or so. Now, there's an engg college any direction you throw a rock. I knew I would not get into an IIT even if I tried, so didn't even bother with that.

One day mom and dad sat me down. Asked if I REAAAALLLLY wanted to do BE. I said yes, coz that was the right answer. Then they said to take a drop, don't join any college. I was like, what? Mom said, correctly, that I am the most easily distracted person on earth. And that if I go to college, I will get involved in the activities there, people, fashion, gossip, etc., and lose interest in my main goal. So I agreed. Even more fun time before I could marry XB.

So I had fun for one year, and studied a LOT. After the exams, I went down to take admission in BSc in what was still a good college. Met a lot of girls from my school who were there but I knew they wanted so bad to become doctors. They were still secretly taking medical entrance exams, I knew coz I used to see them in coaching classes, but they would hide it from their classmates.

I would even forget I had classes. Once my results were announced and I heard I got in, that was the first time I had cold sweats, thinking what if I didn't get through, I would be going to this loser college for 3 years. That's when I realized I wasn't that laid back after all.

I had an underlying dormant ambition going on, but if my parents didn't push me, even if that was very little, and if i didn't have so many role models nearby, I would have done nothing, and felt frustrated I think. That part scares me sometimes. I am that lazy. On the contrary, bff's family didn't give a damn what she does, they just wanted to get her married. But it was her own motivation that she studied hard, coz she knew what the alternative was gonna be. She's one of top bankers in the country now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 am

Kinnera wrote:The choice of majors and the 'leave it alone to the kid. Let him/her choose what he wants' mentality could confuse the kid like hell. I was a confused soul myself back in the day in India at that age.
First, i started off in one stream of majors for my bachelor's. Then a cousin said, why do you want to do that. This other stream is better. So yeah, i decided to do that. I went to the principal and requested a change of major. She was generous to allow it. Then i sat in those classes for a week or so. Found them utterly boring and not my thing. So i went back and changed it to the original one (the principal was again sweet. She just laughed and allowed me to revert) and decided that that was the one for me. Then a few of my best friends joined this other college in another stream and so i wanted to do that. But then, the deadline to pay the fee for that had passed (i got admission there, which i had ignored). So I pushed my dad who took me to the dean and we requested the dean to still allow me to join, which he graciously agreed. So now i switched college. Was i happy. Nopes. Hated it. Wasn't my thing. All those those years and years after I regretted not having done the original majors that i joined. That was my thing and my career would've been better in that stream. My parents gave me the utmost freedom, didn't expect too much from me or think about my career (let her do whatever bachelor's/master's she wants to and we'll get her married anyway) and danced to whatever tunes i was playing. I wished they were took a strong stand and decided was best for me. At 17, you could be totally clueless and can get easily carried away by many other factors.

hey, you put your thobda in your dp? very nice. i don't like my thobda and i don't like it staring back at me so i so don't use it in any dp (save whatsapp and fb). now what is that i don't like about my face? umm many thing (yes, i can be a woman sometimes) but principally the fact that my face is fat! i wish it looked slim like it did when i was in my twenties.

Kinnera wrote:At 17, you could be totally clueless and can get easily carried away by many other factors.

yes kinns this is true and the american system is actually flawed. i had discussed this issue threadbare here -- i'll find a link to it after this post and post it (for you for you will know what i am talking about).  i'm surprised you, about, went through the american system in india! how? dean-influence factor? your dad is a minister? here we need to choose in class 10 and no later than class 12. ok, let's come to my experience.

so i did science in class 11 & 12. i was a very good student (though not brilliant for i have seen brilliance and brilliant students from up close). i gave my SAT and got into columbia univ. my father made me choose computer science. i did not mind for i was from a rich family and i was going abroad to party (and return and join the family business). i skipped orientation week. fall 1984 and now i am in columbia and classes have started. i partied with my roommates (3 in a room), got drunk and missed all classes next day (all morning classes). partied again that day but made sure to attend at least the first class the next day. it was calculus. auditorium. could barely hear the prof. but, he was teaching trigonometry -- class 11 calculus. i walked out of the class mentally noting that i should read syllabus and appear only for the exam and went to the campus's barnes and noble. i saw rushdie's midnight's children in the store. paperback. cover was deep blue with a tomb in yellow with a minaret over it or behind it. i had read about rushdie. i bought the book. the next week i attended no classes for dammit, i was indian! these white bastards were being taught what i had learnt in class 11 in their college's first semester! over the course of the ensuing week i did two things, (i) devour midnight's children, and (ii) party harder. after that week sense and substance returned, i became sober, and i learnt the right way to lead a college life: i spent all the rest of the weeks in college till graduation doing only three things now: (i) reading fiction, (ii) partying like there was no tomorrow, (iii) reading more fiction.

i flunked calculus that semester, lol. but i passed the rest and passed second semester and now i was back in kolkata with my parents (1 year up and summer has descended). i told my dad that i wanted to change my major to philosophy. he did not talk to me for the rest of the summer but as i flew out we brokered peace -- i would double major; philosophy and computer science.

when i was in my third year, i had become disenchanted with philosophy (i realized that i had actually wanted to major in fiction were there such a choice) but by now i was getting As in my c.s. subjects. i loved computer science.

looking back, i have no regrets because, i realized, in retrospect, that i was inclined to writing from the time much before i became aware of it. the american system worked to my advantage but i came up close to realizing how it could damage you too. had chetan bhagat or karan bajaj had had the privilege of going through an american undergrad system, they would probably have been better writers than rushdie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:22 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:haha.. my big plan was to do BA in social sciences, and marry XB. Would have been the biggest disaster of my life.

But at the same time, I was influenced/inspired by a couple of medicos and engg students I knew, so thought I will take engg entrance again after I didn't go through the first time. So since I was on the fence, I thought, ok, I will get enrolled in BA for fun, and study for Engg entrance. Or to make parents happy, do a BSc charade. If I get into engg, that's fine too. Will enjoy life for 4 years and THEN marry XB, and do a small job in the city itself.

Keep in mind, getting in engg in those days was much tougher than it's now. Back then there would be 1000-1100 seats across the states over 5-6 engg colleges, and to get into a good branch in the one in my city, you had to be in top 200-300 or so. Now, there's an engg college any direction you throw a rock. I knew I would not get into an IIT even if I tried, so didn't even bother with that.

you are on the mark! it's easier now. it was tougher then. now state colleges abound and many go with empty seats. there is also the competition from better equipped private colleges, who, even if they charge a higher fee, will pull crowd.

I had an underlying dormant ambition going on, but if my parents didn't push me, even if that was very little, and if i didn't have so many role models nearby, I would have done nothing, and felt frustrated I think. That part scares me sometimes. I am that lazy. On the contrary, bff's family didn't give a damn what she does, they just wanted to get her married. But it was her own motivation that she studied hard, coz she knew what the alternative was gonna be. She's one of top bankers in the country now.

you think american system would have helped you? what was your dormant ambition exactly? *i'm glad though that your parents pushed you as did my parents... but we are ultimately glad only because we were in the right place at the right time... go chew on this brie-profundity*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 am

brie wrote:
yes kinns this is true and the american system is actually flawed. i had discussed this issue threadbare here -- i'll find a link to it after this post and post it (for you for you will know what i am talking about).  

i'm sorry i can't. such archive goes back only to 6 pages and google archives such text for the same period. rest is lost to oblivion (open for correction).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:57 am

brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

you think american system would have helped you? what was your dormant ambition exactly? *i'm glad though that your parents pushed you as did my parents... but we are ultimately glad only because we were in the right place at the right time... go chew on this brie-profundity*

American system, is in a way, both right and wrong.

I gave two examples. myself and my bff. self motivation is the best thing. bff had that, and she worked hard, and she really succeeded. She knew it's now or never. So in a way she got a push from her parents too, even if it was a negative one. Get into MBA THIS year, or else forget about it for the rest of your life, coz they will get you married next year. So they let her have her way, but just for one year.

In my case, even if i was dreaming to get married, i always planned to have a job, in whatever field. studies was never hard for me, even though i wasn't brilliant either. i had the capabilities, parents saw it, and hence pushed for it. they were willing to give me another year even if i failed the first time, but this is something i always knew i would get. They gave that kinda freedom. I knew they will give me as many chances as i wanted. coz they were in no rush to get me married and they didn't care if i was getting older trying. They made it easier for me by telling me that i don't have to go to any college just coz i am scared to waste a year (that push was coming from XB actually). So that helped. Anytime that i have done anything in my life, it's because it came from within and not because i was pushed. So even if i go through spells of laziness, eventually i get up and push myself enough to change my situation. Parents, for most part let me be, and always have.

so i guess i would have done ok in American system as well. It respects talent and hard work, whenever you are willing to put it in. It goes by the theory that to do something good, you should want to do it yourself. That practice may make some people confused, but when it works, it does wonders. You make that decision when you push your kid, or let them be. I push my kid too, kinda like my parents did to me. Just enough to make sure she isn't distracted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

I gave two examples. myself and my bff. self motivation is the best thing. bff had that, and she worked hard, and she really succeeded. She knew it's now or never. So in a way she got a push from her parents too, even if it was a negative one. Get into MBA THIS year, or else forget about it for the rest of your life, coz they will get you married next year. So they let her have her way, but just for one year.

In my case, even if i was dreaming to get married, i always planned to have a job, in whatever field. studies was never hard for me, even though i wasn't brilliant either. i had the capabilities, parents saw it, and hence pushed for it. they were willing to give me another year even if i failed the first time, but this is something i always knew i would get. They gave that kinda freedom. I knew they will give me as many chances as i wanted. coz they were in no rush to get me married and they didn't care if i was getting older trying. They made it easier for me by telling me that i don't have to go to any college just coz i am scared to waste a year (that push was coming from XB actually). So that helped. Anytime that i have done anything in my life, it's because it came from within and not because i was pushed. So even if i go through spells of laziness, eventually i get up and push myself enough to change my situation. Parents, for most part let me be, and always have.

so i guess i would have done ok in American system as well. It respects talent and hard work, whenever you are willing to put it in. It goes by the theory that to do something good, you should want to do it yourself. That practice may make some people confused, but when it works, it does wonders. You make that decision when you push your kid, or let them be. I push my kid too, kinda like my parents did to me. Just enough to make sure she isn't distracted.

fully agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:13 pm

brie wrote:
At 17, you could be totally clueless and can get easily carried away by many other factors.

yes kinns this is true and the american system is actually flawed. i had discussed this issue threadbare here -- i'll find a link to it after this post and post it (for you for you will know what i am talking about).  i'm surprised you, about, went through the american system in india! how? dean-influence factor? your dad is a minister? here we need to choose in class 10 and no later than class 12. ok, let's come to my experience.

I did my +2 (junior college) from the same catholic college that I planned to do the Bachelor's from. The principal liked me (which nun wouldn't like a soft, demure, obedient girl tongue ). Anyway, she knew my dad well too and didn't object to my switching. My dream was to be a doctor, but i couldn't get into med school the first time around. So the original plan was to take BSc and write the entrance for the second time. But the cousin who advised me against it went the same path that i planned to go. He couldn't get into medicine the first time around. So took BSc and tried it for the second time. Didn't get in the second time either. He finished BSc half heartedly and felt that he made a bad choice. So he advised me to forget about medicine, take BCom instead and proceed to do CA. I didn't take CEC in my +2, was apprehensive, but he assured me that i'll be fine (that cousin went on to do law and is a high court judge now, btw). So I made the switch to BCom. The principal didn't object to it either, but then the classes went way over my head and i didn't like them. So switched back to BSc.
But then, something stupid came over me after i saw my friends join BSc home science and i decided to do that. Dad used his cousin's name, who was the dean's friend, to get me in. I guess there were vacant seats and i was thrown into the waiting list category and allowed to join. Anyway, soon after i realized that medicine is what's in my heart. So i tried to try it the second time. I did one full semester there (they had the semester system in the agricultural college, of which HSc was a part of), and for the second semester, i cut down on my classes to half (three subjects, instead of six or something like that) to study for med entrance. Mistake. I should've dropped the semester totally, sat at home for the six months and prepared well. But then, i was like, 'what if i don't get in the second time around too despite dropping the semester. Everybody would know that i am sitting at home to prepare and it would look so bad if i don't get it. So let me continue to go to college and prepare at the same time.' Bad thing! I was neither here nor there. The subjects were totally different and i still had to go to college. Such a waste of time! Missed getting into med school by two points. Would it have been different had i sat home and concentrated on the preparation totally or had i continued with BSc? I don't know. But there's something called fate, i guess and we make our decisions based on it...or maybe not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:25 pm

...and then i came here, slogged and did something totally different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Kinnera wrote:...and then i came here, slogged and did something totally different.

that's what's good about this country Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:
Kinnera wrote:...and then i came here, slogged and did something totally different.

yeah....i met my professor from HSc here at a party. She got married pretty late and came here. When i met her, she must be in her 50s and she told me that she and her husband were doing medicine. She did her Phd in Nutrition in India, taught the same subject for a few years, came to US, worked as a research scientist and then decided to become a doctor. Her husband was a scientist too before he decided to become a doctor. This country gives a second, third.......nth chance! That's the beauty of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:28 am

interesting story. go on. what did you do here? finish it.

p.s. you guys change dps at the drop of a hat... spoken too early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 am

Kinnera wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

yeah....i met my professor from HSc here at a party. She got married pretty late and came here. When i met her, she must be in her 50s and she told me that she and her husband were doing medicine. She did her Phd in Nutrition in India, taught the same subject for a few years, came to US, worked as a research scientist and then decided to become a doctor. Her husband was a scientist too before he decided to become a doctor. This country gives a second, third.......nth chance! That's the beauty of this country.

You mean I STILL have some hope in THIS life ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 am

brie wrote:

interesting story. go on. what did you do here? finish it.

>>>> I think that's enough. Smile. I was just making a point on how fickle 17yr olds can be in choosing what they want to do and gave my example. Sometimes proper guidance and a kinda  strong stance from parents can help. 

p.s. you guys change dps at the drop of a hat... spoken too early.

>>> By chance, I figured out how to upload it directly from the iphone, hence the experiments Smile. Will play with it for some time. The avatar is pretty small and hardly clear. So chalega...can put whatever pic we want to :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

You mean I STILL have some hope in THIS life ?
Hope is always there, but interest should be there too. As for me, I am already in the semi retirement stage and waiting to sit at home full time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:34 am

Who else watching? 

where can one watch cricket in US, online or do any channels carry it? I disconnected cable and dish two years ago and life couldnt be better but feel like watching live sports sometimes

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:38 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Who else watching? 

where can one watch cricket in US, online or do any channels carry it? I disconnected cable and dish two years ago and life couldnt be better but feel like watching live sports sometimes
ESPNGo, Sling, YuppTV
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 am

yupptv, never. got it when my parents were visiting and it's streaming sucked even when there was no throttling at ISP. does ESPNGo stream ok? hell even netflix is doing poorly these days....speaking of which, cant wait for 5G so comcast and other cable providers can finally and deservedly die off. we're starting to test it in 6 months or so in the US, I saw an early demo at our plano campus and speeds are ammmmazing.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:47 am

Get jadoo for $5/mo. It's a smartphone app n you can chromecast on tv. 

Not bad at all. It does have a lot of other Indian n paki channels, Delhi news live in IST. Indian ads. 

Most people get it for cricket WC.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am

5G is at least 4 years away.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:58 am

Hellsangel wrote:5G is at least 4 years away.

not really, yes common wisdom is 2020 but that's for widespread deployment. we're starting a early trial with TMO in 9 months, I expect it'll take all year but should be ready for early prime time by 2018 Jan in pilot cities. VzW will be a bit quicker and AT&T a little later but similar timeframe. there's a big fight brewing between wifi alliance and 5G alliance that might slow things down but it will be faster than 2020 imo.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:26 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Who else watching? 

star sports live streaming:

http://matchcentre.starsports.com/cricket/icc-t20-world-cup-2016-350/india-vs-australia-180481/live-video?__utma=231891677.51878966.1458483771.1458483771.1459085084.2&__utmb=231891677.1.10.1459085084&__utmc=231891677&__utmx=-&__utmz=231891677.1458483771.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=142006769

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:31 am

brie wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Who else watching? 

http://matchcentre.starsports.com/cricket/icc-t20-world-cup-2016-350/india-vs-australia-180481/live-video?__utma=231891677.51878966.1458483771.1458483771.1459085084.2&__utmb=231891677.1.10.1459085084&__utmc=231891677&__utmx=-&__utmz=231891677.1458483771.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=142006769

"this video is either not available in your region or some unexpected error has occurred....."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 am

Sign up at www.cricketonlinehd.com for $10 and get the rest of the matches. Hubby paid $40 for both world cup and Asia cup. Streaming is good. It's coming from UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:14 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Who else watching? 

"this video is either not available in your region or some unexpected error has occurred....."

oops, sorry. i guess it's only for india.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:35 am

brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

so i guess i would have done ok in American American system as well. It respects talent and hard work, whenever you are willing to put it in. It goes by the theory that to do something good, you should want to do it yourself. That practice may make some people confused, but when it works, it does wonders. You make that decision when you push your kid, or let them be. I push my kid too, kinda like my parents did to me. Just enough to make sure she isn't distracted.

fully agreed.
you "fully agree" a lot, don't you? do you do that to make yourself popular?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:50 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

so i guess i would have done ok in American American system as well. It respects talent and hard work, whenever you are willing to put it in. It goes by the theory that to do something good, you should want to do it yourself. That practice may make some people confused, but when it works, it does wonders. You make that decision when you push your kid, or let them be. I push my kid too, kinda like my parents did to me. Just enough to make sure she isn't distracted.

fully agreed.
YES! learn from me. Look around yourself. How many friends do you have here? And look at what has it done to you. It has deranged you permanently. Now you spew bullshit. But inside, you know INSIDE, I am an optimist. If you learn from me your brain will get rewired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:12 am

Lol sehwag and shoib in commentary box star sports Hindi and pulling each other's legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:

fully agreed.
YES! learn from me. Look around yourself. How many friends do you have here? And look at what has it done to you. It has deranged you permanently. Now you spew bullshit. But inside, you know INSIDE, I am an optimist. If you learn from me your brain will get rewired.
in other words, the only way you know to make friends is to "agree fully" with every person who passes by?

"es mundus excrementi!"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:21 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

fully agreed.
in other words, the only way you know to make friends is to "agree fully" with every person who passes by?

"es mundus excrementi!"
Did I say it was 'the only way' I knew? Meet me tomorrow after class for some more English comprehension lesions Indio. 

'behen ke lode'

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:32 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:

fully agreed.
"LOLZ!" and a common glutton, an out-of-control drunk, an inveterate liar, and a cheat. did you pay columbia university the tens of thousands of dollars you've owed it since 1988 after you skipped town without a degree?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:38 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

fully agreed.
"LOLZ!" and a common glutton, an out-of-control drunk, an inveterate liar, and a cheat. did you pay columbia university the tens of thousands of dollars you've owed it since 1988 after you skipped town without a degree?
Ok you win. What's the topic we are discussing? You spell and then I will respond

. By the bye topic is singular and not plural. When you  meet me after class tomorrow I'll also explain to you the difference between singular and plural.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next