Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence

4 posters

Go down

finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence Empty finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:51 am

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/moulton-moments-of-silence-not-enough-to-stop-gun-violence/article_84bd50bb-4c5f-532b-ba1b-ef6c351f4c41.html

yeah he is a libby and a marine who served in iraq and received a commendation medal from the military for valor.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence Empty Re: finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 am

a comment from elsewhere:
The only thing that stops a bad man with a gun is a legislator with a spine. Too bad they are in such short supply.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence Empty Re: finally a congressman from MA who's angered by empty rhetoric and moments of silence

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:21 am

If the Democrats want, they could man up and try to amend or repeal the 2nd amendment, but oh wait....
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:25 am

Hellsangel wrote:If the Democrats want, they could man up and try to amend or repeal the 2nd amendment, but oh wait....

this is a canard. find me one credible democrat who even wants to amend or repeal the second. which democrat has said that? you know that's not what i am talking about here, and yet you and your ilk continue to spread misinformation and lies.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:26 am

by the way, let's discuss the second -- what is the meaning of the word "regulate" in the second?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:28 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:by the way, let's discuss the second -- what is the meaning of the word "regulate" in the second?
Nice try. Here is a question for you, Il Professore. What did well-regulated mean in 1776?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:by the way, let's discuss the second -- what is the meaning of the word "regulate" in the second?
Nice try. Here is a question for you, Il Professore. What did well-regulated mean in 1776?

we'll get to that but first, how about answering my earlier question of finding me a democrat who wants to amend or repeal the second.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

we'll get to that but first, how about answering my earlier question of finding me a democrat who wants to amend or repeal the second.
Sure. Look for one. I'm sure you'll find many chomping at the bit to do it. Hey they went to war for the 13th Amendment. What is stopping them with the 2nd?

Last edited by Hellsangel on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Sure. Look for one. I'm sure you'll find many chomping at the bit to do it.

nope. nada. not a one. so you and the NRA can stop raising the bogeyman of a repeal or amendment and stop scaring the already terrified rethuglican masses.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

nope. nada. not a one. so you and the NRA can stop raising the bogeyman of a repeal or amendment and stop scaring the already terrified rethuglican masses.
Then they have no spine I guess, considering that people were willing to go to war for the 13th.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:42 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Then they have no spine I guess, considering that people were willing to go to war for the 13th.

or they truly don't want to. despite my own opinions, i recognized long ago that support for guns spans political divides. it is too culturally deep-seated. i accept i am a relative newcomer to this society and can't possibly understand what drives this at a gut level for the majority of americans. what we are arguing about here is bringing some sanity about reasonable restrictions, not amendment or repeal. the bogeyman of the dems wanting to repeal the second is a rethuglican/NRA canard. nothing more.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:22 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Actually...whats wrong in repealing the 2nd ? It is so outdated and obsolete and the country was afraid of the Bristish Govt and its soldiers. The US did not even have a regular army or law enforcement mechanism. It was basically each person unto himself and hence the need for such an amendment.

No need now.

Repeal it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Actually...whats wrong in repealing the 2nd ? It is so outdated and obsolete and the country was afraid of the Bristish Govt and its soldiers. The US did not even have a regular army or law enforcement mechanism. It was basically each person unto himself and hence the need for such an amendment.

No need now.

Repeal it.
The main worry is about the presidential system. Dubya ruled the country under a quasi perpetual emergency. Regan used a lot of executive orders......
So, when times are rough and the president wants to get his way, he can run the country through presidential orders. Even Lincoln used them! So, the ultra right-wing guys want some protection from presidential abuses.
That said, with some tweaking of the presidential executive orders through some amendments, they can now repeal the 2nd and make people feel safe. Trudeau declared "emergency" when some French-speaking Canadians murdered a diplomat so that the security forces could get extraordinary powers. But he could not continue with it beyond a specified time. Indira Gandui also couldn't continue with her CONish dickTatership. Perhaps, the US can learn a thing or two from the British parliamentary system.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down