Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

4 posters

Go down

Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you Empty Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm

He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

https://youtu.be/ICSpAnwHhXo
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you Empty Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 am

Good Smile. I thought for a moment Rash is after actress Hema Malini. Whoever it is 'subhashya seekiram' Smile 

I found one more good video for him too...  Kamba Ramayanam- Vaali Vadhai - by prof. Mohammad rela

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you Empty Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:03 am

does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

He says he was born, raised and educated in Punjab. After a short career as an English and languages professor at Amritsar university, he joined the IPS and moved to TN. I think he rose to become DG of police in TN.  To not only become fluent in another language in adulthood but learn it well enough to read and enjoy the classical literature in the original is quite commendable.  Perfect antidote to the CSIR scientists who use hand signals like monkeys to communicate with the local population even after decades in Chennai. I guess he doesn't have that luxury as a cop. Good for him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

He says he was born, raised and educated in Punjab. After a short career as an English and languages professor at Amritsar university, he joined the IPS and moved to TN. I think he rose to become DG of police in TN.  To not only become fluent in another language in adulthood but learn it well enough to read and enjoy the classical literature in the original is quite commendable.  Perfect antidote to the CSIR scientists who use hand signals like monkeys to communicate with the local population even after decades in Chennai. I guess he doesn't have that luxury as a cop. Good for him.

impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

Even though born in Punjab (probably to Pahadi parents -- Dogra is a typical Pahadi / Himachali surname), he basically is a Pahadi and that explains his interest in things beyond immediate surroundings or as extremely beneficial at personal level. Btw here is a lovely Pahadi song with a 'Dogra' character in it,
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

Even though born in Punjab (probably to Pahadi parents -- Dogra is a typical Pahadi / Himachali surname), he basically is a Pahadi and that explains his interest in things beyond immediate surroundings or as extremely beneficial at personal level. Btw here is a lovely Pahadi song with a 'Dogra' character in it,

Is Dogri the same as pahadi? My Kashmiri neighbors speak dogri and it sounds similar to Punjabi.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Watch Tamil films with english subtitles. That might help fast track your learning.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:59 pm

silvermani wrote:
Watch Tamil films with english subtitles. That might help fast track your learning.

thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:18 pm

silvermani wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Is Dogri the same as pahadi? My Kashmiri neighbors speak dogri and it sounds similar to Punjabi.
Pahadi is the more general name for the dialect spoken in the Northwestern Himalayan region and Dogri is just one of the names for Pahadi. If you know Punjabi and Hindi / Urdu, you can easily understand Pahadi. There was a guy from Pakistan working at GE / Erire about 20 yrs. ago when I joined that place as a consultant. One day he overheard me talking on the phone to my wife in Pahadi. He was very surprised that I knew and spoke his mother-tongue (Pahadi, in PoK), even though he knew I was not a Kashmiri and originally I had moved to Canada from another part of India, not Kashmir.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down