Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm

He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

http://youtu.be/ICSpAnwHhXo
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 13565
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by FluteHolder on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 am

Good Smile. I thought for a moment Rash is after actress Hema Malini. Whoever it is 'subhashya seekiram' Smile 

I found one more good video for him too...  Kamba Ramayanam- Vaali Vadhai - by prof. Mohammad rela

FluteHolder

Posts : 1976
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Rashmun on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:03 am

does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

Rashmun

Posts : 3448
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

He says he was born, raised and educated in Punjab. After a short career as an English and languages professor at Amritsar university, he joined the IPS and moved to TN. I think he rose to become DG of police in TN.  To not only become fluent in another language in adulthood but learn it well enough to read and enjoy the classical literature in the original is quite commendable.  Perfect antidote to the CSIR scientists who use hand signals like monkeys to communicate with the local population even after decades in Chennai. I guess he doesn't have that luxury as a cop. Good for him.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 13565
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Rashmun on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.

He says he was born, raised and educated in Punjab. After a short career as an English and languages professor at Amritsar university, he joined the IPS and moved to TN. I think he rose to become DG of police in TN.  To not only become fluent in another language in adulthood but learn it well enough to read and enjoy the classical literature in the original is quite commendable.  Perfect antidote to the CSIR scientists who use hand signals like monkeys to communicate with the local population even after decades in Chennai. I guess he doesn't have that luxury as a cop. Good for him.

impressive.

Rashmun

Posts : 3448
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

http://youtu.be/ICSpAnwHhXo
Even though born in Punjab (probably to Pahadi parents -- Dogra is a typical Pahadi / Himachali surname), he basically is a Pahadi and that explains his interest in things beyond immediate surroundings or as extremely beneficial at personal level. Btw here is a lovely Pahadi song with a 'Dogra' character in it,

Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by silvermani on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

http://youtu.be/ICSpAnwHhXo
Even though born in Punjab (probably to Pahadi parents -- Dogra is a typical Pahadi / Himachali surname), he basically is a Pahadi and that explains his interest in things beyond immediate surroundings or as extremely beneficial at personal level. Btw here is a lovely Pahadi song with a 'Dogra' character in it,

Is Dogri the same as pahadi? My Kashmiri neighbors speak dogri and it sounds similar to Punjabi.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 709
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by silvermani on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.
Watch Tamil films with english subtitles. That might help fast track your learning.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 709
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Rashmun on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:59 pm

silvermani wrote:
Rashmun wrote:does he say at what age he learnt tamil, and where? its no big deal if he was an NI born and raised in TN.
Watch Tamil films with english subtitles. That might help fast track your learning.

thanks.

Rashmun

Posts : 3448
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:18 pm

silvermani wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He has done what you've been threatening to do for close to a decade now. Time to up your game if you really want to land Malini's affections.

http://youtu.be/ICSpAnwHhXo
Even though born in Punjab (probably to Pahadi parents -- Dogra is a typical Pahadi / Himachali surname), he basically is a Pahadi and that explains his interest in things beyond immediate surroundings or as extremely beneficial at personal level. Btw here is a lovely Pahadi song with a 'Dogra' character in it,

Is Dogri the same as pahadi? My Kashmiri neighbors speak dogri and it sounds similar to Punjabi.
Pahadi is the more general name for the dialect spoken in the Northwestern Himalayan region and Dogri is just one of the names for Pahadi. If you know Punjabi and Hindi / Urdu, you can easily understand Pahadi. There was a guy from Pakistan working at GE / Erire about 20 yrs. ago when I joined that place as a consultant. One day he overheard me talking on the phone to my wife in Pahadi. He was very surprised that I knew and spoke his mother-tongue (Pahadi, in PoK), even though he knew I was not a Kashmiri and originally I had moved to Canada from another part of India, not Kashmir.

Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Rashmun this guy is way ahead of you

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum