Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the circus continues..

Go down

And the circus continues.. Empty And the circus continues..

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Appearing also on ABC News, Miller said, “A district judge in Seattle cannot force the president of the United States to change our laws and our Constitution because of their own personal views. The president has the power … to suspend the entry of aliens when it’s in the national interest.”

Miller said on CBS News that the judiciary was acting like “a supreme branch of government.”

“One unelected judge in Seattle cannot make laws for the entire country,” Miller told anchor John Dickerson. “I mean, this is just crazy, John. The idea that you’re going to have a judge in Seattle say that a foreign national living in Libya has an effective right to enter the United States is beyond anything we’ve ever seen before.”

Miller also suggested that the legal debate was not over the constitutionality of Trump’s action, but rather over ideology.
“I don’t have any news to make you today on this point,” Miller said, prompting Stephanopoulos to ask, “Then why are you coming in if you can’t answer the questions being posed about the White House?”
At that, Stephanopoulos intoned: “For the record, you have provided zero evidence that the president was the victim of massive voter fraud in New Hampshire. You provided zero evidence that the president’s claim that he would have won the popular vote if 3 million to 5 million illegal immigrants hadn’t voted — zero evidence for either one of those claims.”
Miller’s combative appearances pleased his boss, who apparently was watching from Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Palm Beach, Fla. Trump tweeted: “Congratulations Stephen Miller- on representing me this morning on the various Sunday morning shows. Great job!”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/12/stephen-miller-says-white-house-will-fight-for-travel-ban-advances-false-voter-fraud-claims/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_pwr-miller-1125am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.fb85fd7c3e48#comments

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down