Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages

5 posters

Go down

InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages Empty InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages

Post by MulaiAzhagi Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 pm

===> I know at least 6 Tamil Brahmin familes in the Washington area where a man is married to his niece. There are lots more with coucin-cousin marriages.

It is sickening.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages Empty Re: InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:===> I know at least 6 Tamil Brahmin familes in the Washington area where a man is married to his niece. There are lots more with coucin-cousin marriages.

It is sickening.

sickening scratch anyways, what is the difference in the divorce rate/happiness index of family between the inter-caste and intra-caste marriages?

do you think for a family, cousin-cousin marriage is worse than arranged marriages of almost strangers?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages Empty Re: InterCaste marriage is preferable to intrafamily marriages

Post by MulaiAzhagi Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm

GaramKuta,

I thought about this.

I think the best thing is to do what Americans do. You train and place your children in situations where they will meet and date and marry members of the opposite sex from similar social background. That is why in those days the upper class white elite sent their sons and daughters to Ivy league schools where they will meet kids from similar background. Whereas the families from the middle class had to contend with the state universities.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:GaramKuta,

I thought about this.

I think the best thing is to do what Americans do. You train and place your children in situations where they will meet and date and marry members of the opposite sex from similar social background. That is why in those days the upper class white elite sent their sons and daughters to Ivy league schools where they will meet kids from similar background. Whereas the families from the middle class had to contend with the state universities.

ah.. so, here, the bottom line is economics, you are sayin? - if so, that's what you recommend for desis ? You like to homogenize all with these values? but desis wail and weep about family values etc., know?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:===> I know at least 6 Tamil Brahmin familes in the Washington area where a man is married to his niece. There are lots more with coucin-cousin marriages.

It is sickening.
Splendid observation. Where in this relative scale would you place inter-region, inter-religion, inter-national, and inter-species marriages? (That last category is extremely rare, but it does happen to the likes of Aishwarya Rai). You should publish the definitive list so it can be included in future panchAngams.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:44 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

It is sickening.

sickening scratch anyways, what is the difference in the divorce rate/happiness index of family between the inter-caste and intra-caste marriages?

do you think for a family, cousin-cousin marriage is worse than arranged marriages of almost strangers?

garm _kuta,

The uncle niece might get along just fine and their added wealth stays within the family

but what of the similar gene pool ? it is a selfish move ....such an alliance is likely to beget morons and idiots for children

the stranger the couple is to each other the more brilliant their kids will be ........... and the world will be the better for it
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:45 pm

charvaka wrote:

It is sickening.
Splendid observation. Where in this relative scale would you place inter-region, inter-religion, inter-national, and inter-species marriages? (That last category is extremely rare, but it does happen to the likes of Aishwarya Rai). You should publish the definitive list so it can be included in future panchAngams.

LMAO...
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down