Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SP Leader Azam Khan demands nationwide meat ban

Go down

SP Leader Azam Khan demands nationwide meat ban Empty SP Leader Azam Khan demands nationwide meat ban

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am

Demanding uniformity in laws, Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Monday stated that there should be a nationwide ban on slaughter of animals.

“Cow slaughter should be banned across the country. Why is it so that it is legal in states like Kerala, West Bengal and Tripura but not in other states? I am not only in support of banning slaughter but for very long I have been saying this that we should stop slaughter. No one should be slaughtered. What is legal and illegal slaughter? I want all slaughter houses to be banned. No animals should be cut,” Khan told ANI.

Questioning the logic behind the Uttar Pradesh Government’s move to allow only legal slaughterhouses to function, Khan said, “This means it is ok if the animals are butchered in legal slaughterhouses and not ok when they meet the same fate in an illegal place.”

“All slaughterhouses should be shut. No animal should be slaughtered,” he added.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/samajwadi-leader-azam-khan-demands-nationwide-ban-on-animal-slaughter/story-qpnPLbEGcg2QZeQ4gdBJ8I.html

Back to top Go down